Darts Buddy

Red Dragon Sky Pro 4 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpQ6ezu8uZY

This is one of the models from the Red Dragon Darts Sky Pro range, they are a range of 95% tungsten darts and this is the Sky Pro 4 24g model.

There is 6 models in the range with 3 weights for each mode, weight range is from 19 to 27 grams for the various models.

They retail for £32.90. You can find more info on the Red Dragon site here: Sky Pro 4 24g

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a cardboard box which contains a rather nice silver effect aluminium case, supplied with the barrels inside the case is 2 sets of medium alloy stems and 2 sets of Sky Pro standard holographic flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a double scallop bamboo style with a few thin grooves and rings on the nose and at the rear. Its a nice pleasing shape to the eye and the scallops are comfortable to grip. I would say overall the grip is a medium level although the scallops kind of act like a grip too.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were exactly matched and the third just three hundredths of a gram lighter so very good:

Weight with full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balanced seemed to be very slightly front of centre but because of the scallop shape it was quite difficult to test as you can see below the scallop naturally takes over the resting spot on the eraser, so a difficult one to determine here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

With supplied setup:

With my own medium, short and extra short stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I took these pics before I threw the darts and was mostly inside the scallop for the pics as it felt very comfortable there but when I came to throw the darts I seemed to naturally change position slightly to a grip that kind of half in the first scallop and half on the nose, it was still quite a comfy grip and I was getting a little purchase from the knuckle part and the grooves near the front.

Darts landed a slightly flatter than normal for me:

CONCLUSION:

I was not sure what to expect from these darts, I have said often that scallop darts can be very comfy in the grip and these are no exception to that but a lot will depend on how your grip naturally falls into the scallops and how well or cleanly you release from them.

I felt that these were as comfortable to hold as I was expecting but I still tended to naturally grip on the knuckle area at the front which in some case can make the dart a little rocky and increase the chance of a miss-timed release but these worked rather well and where quite nice to throw from that grip.

They have a nice solid feel to them and throw a little flat which is fine I think where I gripped was not the best for balance though, I think gripping fully in the first scallop was better but I think overall it was best in the centre (second) scallop. I did try throwing from the centre scallop and it was fine but when I tried from the rear it was too weird, but its not my naturally grip so I was expecting that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts quality is nice, the tungsten although smooth in the scallops had a nice feel to it and its a nice set up as a whole with the Alloy case.

I think overall the darts worked well with my grip and throw, I think its worth trying for front and centre grippers but I am not sure for rear grippers, I guess it depends on where your fingers sit a long the barrel Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (A pleasing shape)
Grip: 6.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (quite close)
Quality: 8.5 (nice quality)
Value: 8 (Comes with nice case)
Suitability for me: 8 (nice to throw and feels a good solid performer)

Best Feature: Comfy grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very cool darts, very mervyn kingish. For once though i don't think i want a dart you reviewed but an excellent review none the less! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. big +1 though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

another amazing review Darren! Cankles beat me too the King comparison lol. not my style but all ur reviews make darts look so much more appealing!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Thanks fellas, yeah I think any dart know that has a bamboo look will be referred to as Mervyn Kingish lol

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review Darren, those are very nice looking darts. Been tempted to try that style of barrel, I do have some penetrators that are similiar- they are comfortable in hand.
Thanks Shawn, give em a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

If they were lighter Id offer to buy them from you. I liked the idea of the Kings, and I almost liked the dart itself, but the scallops are more narrow than I thought they would be. These might work perfect.

Kinda pricey darts though, right?
Interesting dart. Another top notch review!!!
Now these look good, and come in 22g I believe.
I've often thought of this range as prototypes for some of the RD/winmau range. There are some very like the first Thorntons too.
Another great review.
Brilliant pictures and another great review, thanks for showing us them so clearly +1
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(05-14-2015, 08:03 PM)Dmott Wrote: If they were lighter Id offer to buy them from you. I liked the idea of the Kings, and I almost liked the dart itself, but the scallops are more narrow than I thought they would be. These might work perfect.

Kinda pricey darts though, right?

There is a 22g model too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Price for 95% is not bad when you take into account the nice case but I guess its one of those sets where people might say I dont need the case, but the Taylor 95% tungsten darts are twice the price, admittedly they have a bit more machining etc and a top name which always seems to up the cost, but you get no case with those Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-14-2015, 08:21 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: Interesting dart. Another top notch review!!!

Cheers Shane Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-14-2015, 10:03 PM)ninjaskills Wrote: Now these look good, and come in 22g I believe.
I've often thought of this range as prototypes for some of the RD/winmau range. There are some very like the first Thorntons too.
Another great review.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-14-2015, 10:19 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Brilliant pictures and another great review, thanks for showing us them so clearly +1

Cheers Chris Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I used to have a set of these but could not get on with them. I thought they felt a bit bulky for a 95% tungsten dart. The penetrators seem much slimmer and denser if that makes sense.

They are a beautiful and well made dart though. I think those cases should be options.
Great review and pics. +1
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Thanks JC, might be why they felt kind of solid to me, I usually don't like a dart that is too thin but the scallop parts are less than 6mm in the centre, I think you need to make sure your release is very clean when gripping fully in the scallops though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review . Had set of kings a few years ago always wanted the scallop back a bit more from the point these are looking like a good alternative . Top work
Thanks mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 336 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 626 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 15,736 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 823 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 389 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 320 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 7,123 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,226 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 22 3,151 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Luke_Kuechly_59
  Shot Rob Heckman Dragon 22g Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,134 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM