Harrows Darts.

My current warmup/practice routine (triples)
This is more or less variations on a theme.

I usually play this just 20-15 then bull (the red bit, singles don't count). Sometimes I'll include 14-10 as well.

I throw 20, 19, 18. If any are hit I add the next lower to the end. Let's say I hit the T18 on the first round, my next would be 20,19,17.

If you get down to having just two targets, just alternate between them.

i.e. T18, bull, T18...... bull, T18, bull. If you have one left, throw at it until you hit it.

This should only take a few minutes, but I tend to get stuck on a single number sometimes.

Another I use is throwing at each 'Cricket' triple 20-15, of course, until I get 9 marks total. Starting at 20 and not moving on until I have all 9 marks.

Bull requires 6 marks.

For a more challenging version, subtract 1 each time you miss a segment. If you miss with all 3 darts, subtract another 2 (5 total). Again, you don't move on until you have 9. If you get to -9 and don't think you'll make it up, stop counting (or at least stop subtracting) and move on once you get 9 marks/6 for bull.

I sometimes also play RTW on doubles using the same 1 dart per routine as in the first routine.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.
(05-14-2015, 04:03 AM)JayPro Wrote: This is more or less variations on a theme.

I usually play this just 20-15 then bull (the red bit, singles don't count). Sometimes I'll include 14-10 as well.

I throw 20, 19, 18. If any are hit I add the next lower to the end. Let's say I hit the T18 on the first round, my next would be 20,19,17.

If you get down to having just two targets, just alternate between them.

i.e. T18, bull, T18...... bull, T18, bull. If you have one left, throw at it until you hit it.

This should only take a few minutes, but I tend to get stuck on a single number sometimes.

Another I use is throwing at each 'Cricket' triple 20-15, of course, until I get 9 marks total. Starting at 20 and not moving on until I have all 9 marks.

Bull requires 6 marks.

For a more challenging version, subtract 1 each time you miss a segment. If you miss with all 3 darts, subtract another 2 (5 total). Again, you don't move on until you have 9. If you get to -9 and don't think you'll make it up, stop counting (or at least stop subtracting) and move on once you get 9 marks/6 for bull.

I sometimes also play RTW on doubles using the same 1 dart per routine as in the first routine.

Great stuff,,I'm working a practice, so I will give your Idea a shot!Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Here is a modification to the routine requiring 9 marks before moving on.

Instead of throwing until you hit 9 marks, you throw 9 darts or if you complete in less than 9 you still throw a complete round. 3, 6, or 9 darts. 3 or 6 for bull, needing 6 marks there.

If you finish a number in, say, 5 darts - throw the 6th and record the additional marks. For tracking progress, keep track of completed numbers/additional marks, rounds taken.

The idea is that in order to complete the drill, you need to maintain 3+ marks per round.

For your average marks per round, divide 60/number of marks by the number of rounds. Perfect would be 7 rounds (is that possible, even for a pro?). Max to actually complete is 20 rounds. You can get more than 60 marks, but will throw no more than 20 rounds.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Practice Routine 45 mins-1h / day alex_darts 2 353 09-09-2020, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Robert Burns
  Match practice routine (set up +finish) Ricardo van Hemert 4 366 08-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ricardo van Hemert
  Bulls and Doubles Practice routine - vid *Saber* 23 6,720 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Chads2478
  Simple practice routine - any new ideas? Spoonie 12 748 02-19-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  Practice Routine Help Dave_79 1 383 02-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Texas
  Doubles Routine Vid - Sabers - Fight Practice boredom *Saber* 20 7,254 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jaycee07
  Steve Beaton Practice Routine Miles Gallagher 4 814 11-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Banz
  My current practise routine madhouse 4 812 08-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Last Post: jjm
  Elevendarter's doubles practice routine elevendarter 2 1,266 06-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Favorite doubles practice routine? The Nomad 31 3,988 03-26-2018, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper