Unicorn

Unicorn Dimitri Van Den Bergh 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvXI6NsJr7E&feature=youtu.be

This is a review of the Unicorn Generation 180 Dimitri Van den Bergh darts. They are 22g and 90% tungsten and retail around £24.

Dimitri is a young Belgian player who is a recent signing for Unicorn to the Generation 180 range, just signed up a few months back after winning the Youth Tour.

You can find info on the darts here: Dimitri 22g darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in some plastic clamshell style packaging and contain the darts fitted with gripper 3 medium shafts, Dimitri Van den Bergh signature flights and 8 flight protectors and a compact plastic case.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts are a classic straight barrel ring grip design which I think should suit must people really, the grip is probably a little grippier than it looks and is may be a high medium level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Just right length for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

There is just five hundredths of a gram difference between the lightest and heaviest barrel, so all is good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with the setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was slightly front weighted:

With the supplied set up it was pretty much right in the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I felt naturally comfortable near the front but with my thumb and index partly on the first few rings. I got some purchase from the rings here as they are a little edgier than they look.

Darts landed quite tail up for me:

CONCLUSION:

The dimensions and style of these darts remind me a lot of the darts I got my first few 180's with a few years back now, the only difference is they had knurled rings where as these are smooth rings. But its just a classic ring grip straight barrel dart that should be ideal for beginners but is quite often the type of dart many players stick with over their years of playing. Its a tried and tested design that works basically Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts grip was surprisingly more grippy than I was expecting but I suspect with use it may soften to some degree but overall it should be adaptable for any style of grip whether front, centre or rear.

On the whole the dart is well behaved in flight, I had a slight kick at first but quickly settled down with it and it was nice and stable after that but I think it felt slightly better balanced in the centre. After playing with the darts for longer though I found they work well with my front grip but could may be do with them been a little heavier for me personally, not that it needs it per se I just think an extra gram or 2 would make them even better Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nothing to complain about quality wise, its just a good all rounder of a dart that can work well for a lot of styles Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 7 (Its just a classic ring grip, functional)
Grip: 7 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (quite close)
Quality: 8 (quality seems fine)
Value: 8 (not bad at all)
Suitability for me: 7 (was better with more practice and a solid performer overall)

Best Feature: Its a good all rounder really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review Darren, and as always awesome pictures
Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as always. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. These kind of remind me of my Winmau BDO darts I have, seem to be very similar dimensions too but the Winmaus are a little longer and mine are in 26g (but you can get them in 22 also).

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
great review as always.
basically look like another classic Bristow copy dart to me, same dimensions.
put them in the oshea, Norris, Henderson.....pile
Thanks guys, yeah there is many darts in this style but you know its because its simple and effective Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Top notch Grip! You can make even unappealing darts look good! +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Cheers Nate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review!!
Thanks Shane Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Was curious about these as well as the R. Huybrechts and I do like both.  

As always a great review Darren. :thumbup: Also you've now got me ordering both sets. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Brad
Thanks Brad Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

That's it! I'm buying these in a soft tip version if they make them! If not then I'll buy the steel tip version to play with on my eclipse had pro 2! Actually, I think I'll both, these will suit my grip in spades!!!!! I'm going to A180 to order them right now, so worth the money!!! Again great review as always, you have enlightened me! Definite two thumbs up from me! +1
For me, that blank space where the Unicorn logo is is a deal killer (same with Bristow's)
not bad. I do love ring grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn 2022 Dimitri Van Den Bergh Noir Darts Review Getagrip 13 266 08-26-2021, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn 2022 Gary Anderson World Champion Phase 5 Darts Review Getagrip 15 371 08-02-2021, 03:01 PM
  Unicorn 2022 Gary Anderson Phase 5 Noir Darts Review Getagrip 13 279 07-24-2021, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Simoski
  Unicorn Lumina DNA 21g darts review Getagrip 41 26,787 04-25-2021, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Bart
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 839 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 5,289 11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 517 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Code Players Gary Anderson Darts Review Getagrip 23 1,400 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 410 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Purist 25g darts review Getagrip 94 68,967 09-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Richa