Darts Buddy

Bulls Curvex C3 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqCoXUrczFQ

I got these darts a while ago just around the time they first came out in Germany.

The Curvex range has three models available, C1, C2 and C3. This is the C3 model and each model has 2 weights, these C3 are available in 22g and 24g, this is the 22g version. They are 90% tungsten and quite a long dart and retail around £52 now in the U.K.

You can find more info here: Curvex C3

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim box and inside there is a Bulls Cone case which you have to clip together. The darts are fitted with a set of the new Bulls Techno Ali stems which have additional grip zones, these are short size and there is a set of Power Flite 100 micron standard shape flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts are quite sleek looking and have a kind of flat ring grip on the tapered nose and then a mainly smooth section before the main ringed Curvex grip on the bulk of the rear half of the barrel. I found both grips to be around a high medium level of grip although I think I preferred the the grip on the tapered nose a little more Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

The darts are quite long:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

All three barrels were perfectly matched so excellent really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was quite central:

With the supplied set up the balanced moved a touch past centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I tried gripping in the middle and rear for experimental purposes but with my natural front grip I felt very comfy on these darts and liked the feel of the front grip of the barrel Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed in an upward angle for me:

CONCLUSION:

I found these darts to be very easy to throw for some reason, may be the length and weight has something to do with it but they just felt effortless to throw. I was surprised though to find that they work really well with my front grip and I felt very comfortable holding them at the front in spite of their rather long length. I think having the short stems on is wise for me though, I think a medium stem would be smacking me in the face lol

But I don't really think they are meant to be for front grippers as the main Curvex grip is on the rear section. I tried throwing from the centre and the rear and it should be fine for people who throw naturally from there but I felt quite at home with my front grip.

I actually prefer the feel of the grip at the front, they are kind of like a flat ring with slanted sides to the rings, had a nice level of grip for me. The Curvex grip is fine I just prefer the front. I would say both grips are high medium though.

I just had a slight bit of fishtailing on some throws, I think its more because of the length, but on the whole they are nicely weighted through the air and landed quite tail up.

Quality is very nice again from Bulls and another set that are perfectly match weighted.

So I think the darts is mainly for rear grip and centre style grips but I think if your a front gripper like me you just might find they work well for you too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (looks good)
Grip: 7 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (perfect!)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 7 (OK)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (was surprised they worked well with my front grip)

Best Feature: Nice grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review Darren- very nice looking darts
(05-06-2015, 12:39 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Another great review Darren- very nice looking darts

Thanks Shawn, you might get on well with these too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Got some Devon Petersons to trade for them! :-) lol
(05-06-2015, 12:43 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Got some Devon Petersons to trade for them! :-) lol

LOL! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

ANOTHER great review thank goodness i do not like them
BUT if you are getting rid i know good home for them
I sold mine could not get along with them, but great review.
Ted Hankey  - 25g with Storms
Monster COBRA 2 22g with storms
Monster REY SOL 22g with storms
Power 9Fives v2 26g with storm smooth
Taylor Gen 3 24g with Storms
Target Haruki Muramatsu Rising Sun 22g
Cheers guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Amazing to see all 3 darts match perfectly with all those little bits taken out for the grip. Looks like a very nice dart. RIP flights tho. Great review
I like the way they look and your review just put another dart on my wish list.
Thanks Darren
Must... Resist... Great review grip +1!
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(05-06-2015, 03:47 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Amazing to see all 3 darts match perfectly with all those little bits taken out for the grip. Looks like a very nice dart. RIP flights tho. Great review

Cheers, I think the last three Bulls sets were all a perfect match Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-06-2015, 03:55 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I like the way they look and your review just put another dart on my wish list.
Thanks Darren

LOL cheers Tom Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(05-06-2015, 03:56 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: Must... Resist... Great review grip +1!

Thanks Nate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

A-zdarts has these for 60, cheaper than you UK guys can get them. Muahahahaha finally, take that UK prices!
(05-06-2015, 04:00 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: A-zdarts has these for 60, cheaper than you UK guys can get them. Muahahahaha finally, take that UK prices!

Only reason being is they're not sold at Pure, A180 or DC?
(05-06-2015, 04:30 PM)Cyanide Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 04:00 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: A-zdarts has these for 60, cheaper than you UK guys can get them. Muahahahaha finally, take that UK prices!

Only reason being is they're not sold at Pure, A180 or DC?

That matters not, don't take this from me Cy! :p
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,636 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Bulls Mensur Suljovic Black Edition 23g darts review Getagrip 22 10,496 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls NL Dirk van Duijvenbode Aubergenius Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,120 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls reviewed darts index mc1958 12 3,424 12-30-2020, 06:40 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Bulls Typhoon 23g darts review Getagrip 19 3,273 11-30-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: nrb1
  Bulls Jermaine Wattimena 22g darts review Getagrip 19 8,371 03-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls Jan Dekker 22g darts review Cateye 10 1,516 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  Bulls Fighter Dolfin 18g darts review Getagrip 20 20,159 05-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Bulls Razor 23g darts review Getagrip 27 52,225 02-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Zeffer
  Bulls Fighter Hyper Black Phenom 21g darts review Getagrip 11 12,870 10-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Akats