Shot Darts

Target Monkey tip case review
While acquiring a case and few odds and sods for it I saw this. Zany things tickle my fancy and this seemed zany enough! I figured it would either attach to the case so I wouldn't have to open it to get a tip quickly or if it was a bit too fiddly I could hang it from my home soft tip board for easy tip access.

The case is 70mm in diameter and 20mm thick and comes with not-easily-detachable bath chain (you'd have a hard time putting it back on if you removed it).

As the case has two doors, I was hoping it had a centre divider to have two separate compartments. It actually has 4 compartments! Each door reveals two separate compartments. If you carry a few different tips, this could be quite handy.

The box says it will hold 60 tips, but I fit around 40 25mm tips in. More than that and I think you would be forcing and possibly jam the tips in there. With the 40 you can easily shake the case and a tip or two come out.

The doors do not slide very smoothly and it takes two hands to operate them. Not a big deal, but its size and shape give you the impression you can use it one handed.
A nice feature is that there is a detent on the door at mid position to only open one compartment. Sliding the door again past the first click opens the second.

Overall it seems more of a novelty item than a "pro" tool. But it does add a bit of fun and flavour, :carrotdance::chickendance: which will relegate it to home use.
I feel like I had something like that when I was a kid that dispensed Cheerios:p
Sort of a pez dispenser for dart soft tips....amusing, but Iam a steel tip kinda gal. However, it could have uses for little fiddly bits, like rings and such. Nice find.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
LOL thats fun, and Monkey's are always funny aren't they Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
excellent reivew !!
Great review, have a +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Nice wee review there! I'm with cankles, have a +1!
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Fun stuff needs reviews too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dabbler and over thinker...
Just outside Montreal

Current darts: Winmau Sniper 18g barrels; Lippoint plastic tips; #4 Fit Spinning shafts and Fit Super Shape flights
Home board: Blade 4 (playing with soft tips)
Discipline: Flight School
It's a nice little fun case, I've got one with my spare soft tips in as well. They also do one with a toucan on it - but the monkey one looks better lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Viper Plazma Pro Darts Case Review Getagrip 4 339 02-06-2021, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Mission Darts ABS 4 Darts Case Review Getagrip 0 241 01-07-2021, 05:48 PM
  Mission Darts ABS 1 Darts Case Review Getagrip 4 347 01-03-2021, 04:49 PM
  Harrows Prima Darts Case Review Getagrip 5 273 12-03-2020, 03:05 PM
  Shot Tactical Dart Case Review Getagrip 3 340 11-10-2020, 11:02 AM
  Cuesoul Antie Darts Case Review In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 12 541 08-18-2020, 07:16 PM
  Cameo Japan Drop Sleeve 2 Darts Case Review In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 7 403 08-08-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Cameo Japan Aero Case Review In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 2 243 06-16-2020, 05:02 PM
  Cameo Japan StreamNEO Darts Case Review In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 7 342 06-06-2020, 05:29 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Harrows Imperial Darts Case Review Getagrip 8 1,115 01-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982