Shot Darts

First Dart writes of the other two
Hi,

As some of you nutsters are aware my game's went from great to not so great to getting better to hot and cold (my team won a cup last night woop).
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm blowing hot and cold just now.

Hitting more 100's than normal but I go on these terrible runs sometimes...Heres whats happening.

In practice and in some league games I can hit an average of 55 or so going by russ bray app. I'm happy with that to be honest...

But For some reason my game can dip dramatically. I have averaged 35 a a lot recently and this is not pleasing LW180!! My first dart keeps hitting the one which leads to the other two becoming write offs which is not handy for me but very handy for my opponent it's almost like a non visit when I score 22.

Whats creating this drag into the one and has anyone else had to rectify an issue of this kind? I look at the 20 I take aim and I land in the one in the under side of the treble one bed.

HELP!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

Not really sure, but I'll throw some ideas out...

Is your alignment totally straight with the board?
Are you following through?
If its consistently to the 1, maybe step a little to the left on the oche?
Are you rushing your throws?

Again, Im no coach, but some things to think about.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

(05-21-2015, 03:20 PM)Beacon_Darts Wrote: Not really sure, but I'll throw some ideas out...

Is your alignment totally straight with the board?
Are you following through?
If its consistently to the 1, maybe step a little to the left on the oche?
Are you rushing your throws?

Again, Im no coach, but some things to think about.

I think I'm taking my time but others appear to tell me to slow it down..Then I think I go too slow and make it worse WHAT A GAME
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

Are you steady on the oche or do you move when you shoot?
Can you do a video of your throw?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-29-2015, 01:55 PM)LesWallace180 Wrote: I look at the 20 I take aim and I land in the one in the under side of the treble one bed.

When you hit a lot of 20's do they tend to be on the right side? If yes, your errant dart in the 1 might not be unusually rightward, just unusually low. If you're throwing lower than normal, it might be because you're leaning more (both making yourself shorter and less powerful because your back foot isn't as anchored to the floor). Or maybe you're turning more sideways. For lots of folks, turning more sideways can take power away from the throw and make the darts drop low.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)