Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

How to remove paint from darts
Rainbow 
hi i want to remove some black grip rings from my barrels. what is the best way to do this ?
soak it in acetone aka finger nail polish remover, easy peasy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(03-27-2015, 03:44 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: soak it in acetone aka finger nail polish remover, easy peasy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

surely worth a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. thank you
(03-27-2015, 03:44 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: soak it in acetone aka finger nail polish remover, easy peasy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

100% - just be careful with black points as it can damage the finish on those - but will lift the paint from the darts rings no problem at all.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
if the paint is stubborn you might need to pick at it with a dart point, but it should pretty much just fall off Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

A quick soak in nail polish remover should work. There was a thread a while back with other ways I believe, but any acetone type should soften the paint. Then scrub with a nail or tooth brush and dish soap to clean. I am sure other members will pop in and give you other thoughts. I even got good results with rubbing alcohol.
Good luck - Boogie

Oops I type to slow!
Hi people, today I decided to make one set of my eagles natural tungsten.

I got some acetone nail varnish remover, and let the darts soak. After a few hours, I tried scrubbing the darts with a nail brush while still soaking in solution, after about 15 minutes and nothing happening, I moved onto fine-grit sandpaper.

I have managed to remove the paint from the front of the dart and the rings, but inside the rings there is still paint. Whats going on with this? I thought the paint was pretty easy to remove?

I don't actually think the nail varnish remover did anything, I think it was the sandpaper that did it.

I've gone out to buy some different nail varnish remover incase it was that that was wrong.

So, anyone who removes paint from darts and has some tips would be much appreciated. Is it just I havent left them to soak long enough? Its been a few hours now.
Started playing darts: Mid February 2015.

Darts used: Not having played for a long while, I am leaning towards my 23 gram eagles. 

180's:18 Since I started Mid February 2015. I stopped playing for a long period due to stupidity. Back to the learning process again, but am enjoying it. 
I'm starting to think this may not be paint and may actually be a PVD or something coating, any difference on removal?

Darts used: Not having played for a long while, I am leaning towards my 23 gram eagles. 

180's:18 Since I started Mid February 2015. I stopped playing for a long period due to stupidity. Back to the learning process again, but am enjoying it. 
Nail polish removing works great on paint, not so great on coatings.
Yeah its not removing it at all lol. Someone said I need something caustic like lye, so im going to try some drain cleaner later.

Well I found out PVD is bonded on a molecular level, the only thing to get it off really is sand or acid blast. I will have to be happy with silver front and rear, just black rings in the middle. I'm so glad I tried this on the eagles before the Phase 5's.

THere is a thread where somebody put it in lemon juice or something then attached a current to it. I thin kthey got it to work once but not again.

On DartsCorner forum when I used to go there, somebody bead blasted the Target CX1 and they looked awesome. They said the darts were less grippy though.

I removed the coating on my Unicorn T80 darts which i think are PVD coated using acetone and a sharp point, kind of like a modelling knife. Although it did take a couple of hours lol, good luck!
hmm, I think I prefer them with the blue really, it just makes the shape of the grip stand out in better contrast Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nail polish remover is usually acetone that’s been (very) diluted with water, so its effectiveness is limited because it’s been diluted. If you use straight acetone, I think you’ll find it quickly and easily removes almost all coatings. When using it... use it in a glass container---NOT a plastic container and don’t use anything made of any kind of plastic (like tongs or anything else) with acetone. Acetone eats up almost all plastics with surprising ease and speed. It’s also best to not use it indoors. It’ll stink the place up really bad and the women and children will make sure you never hear the end of it. When doing an acetone dip, rinse whatever you dipped in fresh, cold water right after you take it out of the acetone. After that, dry it off and give it a quick wipe with a cloth that has a very small amount of sewing machine oil or light machine oil in it. You’d also be well-advised to wear rubber gloves that are rated as being acetone (and other solvent) resistant. Don’t get it on your skin and don’t wear cheap, disposable rubber or latex gloves.

When I do acetone dipping, I do it along the side of nearby railroad tracks. It’s an inaccessible, isolated place and there’s never anybody around to start crying about my using acetone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove a broken darts stem - shaft Getagrip 14 7,220 02-02-2021, 11:43 PM
Last Post: tropicalpalmtree
  How to paint your darts Getagrip 16 7,428 09-13-2019, 04:58 PM
Last Post: The Fox
  How to remove tungsten putty m1ghty 1 1,920 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Regulatori
  Remove a broken shaft MrTinkertrain 11 4,670 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Beacon_Darts