Darts Buddy

Shot Longitude 917 Series 3 24g darts review

video link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rflfNsZUFaU&feature=youtu.be

This is another set of darts from Shots Longitude range of darts with longer than usual barrels.

This is the steel tip 917 series 3 model. They are 24g and 90% tungsten as mentioned in the previous reviews the Longitude range is in a series from 0 to 5 in both soft and steel tip. There is also a 22 and 26 gram version. They cost around £36 from Dartswarehouse, depending on the exchange rate. Here is the link to this model: Longitude 917 Series 3

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts are in a slim box with a plastic tray inside holding the darts which are fitted with Shot stems, and there is a set of shot transparent flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The barrels are a long tapered style being wider at the rear half and tapering to a thin nose. The rear of the barrel has a very nice and quite high level double micro ringed grip whereas the front half is a low level wide ring and groove style grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Yes another set where two barrels are an exact match Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. The third is just two hundredths of a gram heavier, so very good again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

The balance was kind of curious as looking at the dart you may think its more rear weighted than it is, but with nothing attached it was just front of centre:

With the supplied set up the balance moved to the rear but not as much as I thought it might:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I was gripping just front of centre, the barrel gets quite thin near the nose but I felt quite comfy with this grip but prefer the very nice feel of the rear grip so its a pity that did not continue the full length of the barrel.

Darts landed in my usual angle which I was not expecting:

CONCLUSION:

Its kind of strange but these darts look to be made for a rear gripper and as a front gripper I found they flew rather well. I had the same revelation with the Robert Wagner darts in the past, the first ones he had were this kind of shape but flew fine with my front grip.

They are good darts to throw and very enjoyable but I really like the micro ring grip on the rear and sadly its not where I grip the barrel Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Its a shame it did not run the full length of the barrel as it would make for a very nice feel gripping at the front like I do. There is nothing wrong with the front half as it is its just that rear grip is so nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts seem to be very nicely balanced just around the centre, maybe a touch past it and I did have a throw from there and the rear but did not throw so well, I know its not my natural grip but still I threw worse than I expected at those positions lol.

But throwing with my front grip was surprising as I just did not expect it to work well but it did. I got the odd dart that kind of swayed sideways but I think that was more because of the thinness of the barrel and my release than anything else. On the whole though they feel a very nice and easy dart to throw and were much more stable through the air than I was expecting them to be. Pleasantly surprised overall.

Oh and I hit a Robin Hood and a Shang Hai in my video lol, No 180 sadly Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Its a very nice set of darts again from Shot with nice machining and grip. So who will the barrels suit? A tough one as they seem to be designed for rear grippers but work quite well with my front grip, guess its a case of suck em and see really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8 (nice design)
Grip: 8 (for the rear. on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very close)
Quality: 8.5 (very nicely made)
Value: 7.5 (fine)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (I enjoyed throwing these and they seem to work well)

Best Feature: Nice micro ring grip on the rear Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

how would storm points fit on them?
Great review Darren. They are very nicely made. I have the soft tip no.5 - 14g version. My front grip works well too, but like you I would like the micro grip all along the barrel too.
Another awesome review as expected, great job bud!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review as usual Darren but should stop reading them as they make me think mmmmmm they're nice must try them LOL
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Mr Getagrip, If you're in to the micro grip have a look at the Puma/Shot Invader3 series
(04-25-2015, 06:05 PM)MichelBarre Wrote: how would storm points fit on them?

no idea, dont use them really and dont have a re-pointer but may get some in the future

(04-25-2015, 11:25 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Great review Darren. They are very nicely made. I have the soft tip no.5 - 14g version. My front grip works well too, but like you I would like the micro grip all along the barrel too.

Thanks Shawn, kind of strange how it would work for front grippers I think?

(04-25-2015, 11:53 PM)Shanesaw Wrote: Another awesome review as expected, great job bud!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Shane Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-26-2015, 12:19 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Great review as usual Darren but should stop reading them as they make me think mmmmmm they're nice must try them LOL

Thanks Chris, lol it never ends though, its a good job darts dont cost £100's

(04-26-2015, 08:48 AM)Little al Wrote: Mr Getagrip, If you're in to the micro grip have a look at the Puma/Shot Invader3 series

Yeah looked at those before I think I got a set of the Invader 2 somewhere when they were on special offer from that Chinese shop Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review Darren :whodaman:
cheers Larry Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another top review. I agree in that they would be more appealing for me also if the micro grip ran the full length of the barrel
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Thanks ED85 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Warrior Tipu 23g darts review Getagrip 9 2,301 12-23-2020, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 296 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 30 5,504 11-22-2020, 09:04 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Shot Kyle Anderson The Original O.G Darts Review Getagrip 15 486 11-16-2020, 02:29 PM
  Shot Kyle Anderson Desert Boomer Darts Review Getagrip 1 111 11-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Shot Tribal Weapon Koa Darts Review Getagrip 7 377 09-23-2020, 01:58 PM
  Shot Warrior Kapene Darts Review Getagrip 12 560 09-19-2020, 03:33 PM
  Shot Darts Daniel Larsson Darts Review Getagrip 10 384 09-04-2020, 04:48 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 278 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Shot Viking Drakkar 23g darts review Getagrip 29 5,665 08-13-2020, 04:03 PM