Shot Darts

Has anyone swapped league/pub darts for webcam darts?
Hi guys

Has anyone done this??

I must admit im struggling at the moment.

1. my team is sh*t!. there is no interest and we have lost 7-2 and 8-1 this season. I am the only one who has won.

2. its doing my head in sometimes waiting 3 + hrs to do 2 legs (3 tops).

3. somwtimes i am not playing till 23:30 and getting home till 00:30. i am up at 6 which means i have to drive and cant drink

4. i am rubbiah at chalking

I am thinking with the wcd i can play at home, have a few beers and play a fair few legs, be in a league and enter cups?

What do you think?
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

anyone with any insight. c'mon guys n gals

Please follow my blog:

Couple of questions...

-Why not look for a better team?

-Why are you only playing so few games? I play on a team of 4-5 and we play 20 matches during league night...10 singles and 10 doubles. I get a lot of playing time...often times 2-3 singles matches and at 5-6 doubles match. Plus we do a team game.

Getting on a good team makes all the difference in the world. Online darts is fun but you lose a lot of that atmosphere/fun/tension that league plays gives you. I've been on some teams that makes me want to quit league but now I'm on a great team...we always have a lot of fun win or losing. Just being out in the pub atmosphere playing people face-to-face cannot be matched in online play...nothing better than hitting a difficult out and having your teammates there to congratulate you.

I see online darts as a great addition that adds to home practice but it will never give me the same thrill as league play.
Don't they hold any mini tournaments in your area? Or at least can you organize/form a league team with committed members?
Hi Guys

to answer ure questions;

Team: they are the closest one to me. the choice isnt great. the next closest r a*******s. played a few games for them last year. after that u take a massive jump in class to some right clicky so and sos (all work or are related to each othee)

matches: the league only plays beat of 3 501 and matches start at 21:00 (or alot later). u play 9 matches (6 s 3 d). at most a player will get 2 matches.

tournies: there are 3 leagues divisions. they do play cup matches and a couple of tournaments each season. unfortunately other than the mixed doubles, the single tournies r only attended by the div 1 players (think county or super league) who look down on every other player and have no patience for slow or not good chalkers (and voice it) which os why no lower league players take part (i had it the other week 'u shouldnt come if u cant chalk" was uttered whilst i was chalking by some watching and not quietly)

there arent enough interested players as ths league struggles to hold teams outside div 1.

Please follow my blog:

Re no 4, the only way you will ever be any good at chalking is to actually do it - I mean proper chalking, none of this electronic scorers crap or whatever is used in webcam darts (I presume no1).

If you aren't enjoying your current team and there is no possibility of joining another one, and you also have no intentions of ever entering any local or national competitions, then just play on the webcam.

If you do want to enter any competitions though then you will need to learn how to chalk as they are loser chalks the next match most of the time. Players in comps are generally ok if you let them know you ain't the best before the game starts - but there's only so many times the players will be ok with this.
i do want to get tp a standard where i can compete at a good level

Please follow my blog:

I haven't gotten into the WDA thing but I can see it as a positive for your game. First, you're playing against an opponent in a more comfortable atmosphere, assuming your home is more comfortable to you than a pub. You're playing pretty much when you want providing there are folks ready to play, and I don't see that as a problem by what I've seen others on here post about their experiences. You are playing folks from all over the world, places where darts is a very popular game/sport and taken seriously. The format is longer than I find in events held in the US, especially in league play and the tournament circuit where it is only best of 3 and you either move on or move out.

The only drawback I see is from some comments I've read and a few videos I've seen when people rush to the board, quickly pull their darts and announce "125" for score when the camera clearly shows it to be more like 45. But I would assume those folks quickly garner a reputation as a cheat and find games hard to come by.
NO!
While I think webcam darts is great for anyone wanting to improve their game, I think it's best for the players that are used to winning everything in their local area. Because they're so good where they play, they aren't used to losing. Then they start playing online and get their arse handed to them on a silver platter. It helps players like that re-invent their game.

Will online play help replace league play though? Probably not. But if you're the type of player that would rather play singles and not depend on a team than go for it. You can enjoy a few drinks right at home and play several games against quality people.

For people like myself that live out in the boonies and the closest league is a 75 minute drive away it makes sense for me to play online. I can play as much as I like against great, trustworthy players that have the same goal as me. To improve.

And yes, there's a lot of cheaters. There always has been and there always will be. It comes with the territory. But the more you play online, you'll find a handful that you really enjoy playing against. As with anything in life, webcam darts is a tool. It's up to you to know how to use that tool to for your benefit.
One way to get good at chalking is to watch youtube matches with pros.
Immediately after the 3rd dart hits the board, pause the video. Then try to do the addition/subtraction based off running score. Then unpause the video and see if you get it right.

I always fine it easiest to pick two of the scores to add first and then add the third. Like if they hit 20/T12/20, I would add the 2 20's first for 40 and then add the 36.
Same with T5, 20, 5. I would group the 5's together to get 20 and then add the other 20.

When it comes to subtracting from 501, just round up or round down and then add/subtract.

Say they score 57 pts and they're at 220. I would round the 57 up to 60, subtract 60 from 220 (160) and then ADD the extra 3...so 163.
If they have 237 and hit a 72, I would round down to 70, subtract 70 from 237 (167) and then subtract the extra 2...165.
There's no way in hell I would go to play leagues that late at night just to play 2 or 3 games in a night on a crappy team. WDA all the way would be me..

Hat
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

https://www.railcitydartleague.webs.com/
Hi Guys

unbelievably didnt finish till nearly 00:30 last night having started as 9pm. Had been their since 7.30. the leagues rule of 9pm start is a nightmare. by the time id packed up, signed forms, got home and showered at was 01:15am. i then couldnt sleep due to all the cola id drunk and then had to get up at 5.30... so 3 hrs sleep.

on the plus side ive won 3 in 3 this season and won 6 legs with none dropped but these late Mondays r doing me in!

Please follow my blog:

Awesome results but that's crazy late.

That's another reason I got out of soft tip...the matches would just run on too late. All of a sudden it's midnight and we still have a bunch of games to play.

I play in a league that starts at 730...so we're usually out of there before 10.
(04-26-2015, 03:14 PM)Cyanide Wrote: While I think webcam darts is great for anyone wanting to improve their game, I think it's best for the players that are used to winning everything in their local area. Because they're so good where they play, they aren't used to losing. Then they start playing online and get their arse handed to them on a silver platter. It helps players like that re-invent their game.

Will online play help replace league play though? Probably not. But if you're the type of player that would rather play singles and not depend on a team than go for it. You can enjoy a few drinks right at home and play several games against quality people.

For people like myself that live out in the boonies and the closest league is a 75 minute drive away it makes sense for me to play online. I can play as much as I like against great, trustworthy players that have the same goal as me. To improve.

And yes, there's a lot of cheaters. There always has been and there always will be. It comes with the territory. But the more you play online, you'll find a handful that you really enjoy playing against. As with anything in life, webcam darts is a tool. It's up to you to know how to use that tool to for your benefit.

Beautifully said "0 Wise One" Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modus Icons of Darts League mc1958 402 12,472 03-15-2021, 03:15 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  CG Darts Home League mc1958 7 292 04-27-2020, 04:12 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  Webcam Darts - Using Phone mystiquesbs 5 1,350 04-20-2020, 03:04 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Webcam darts equipment 680xx 6 1,114 01-18-2020, 12:52 AM
Last Post: 5or1
  POOR SIDE OF LEAGUE DARTS Bounce Out 20 947 08-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Jefferz
  Webcam Issues for WDA Mighty apu 10 952 01-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Mighty apu
  North Belfast Darts League - PLAYERS WANTED! belfastkev 5 809 11-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Last Post: belfastkev
  Help Donate Darts Equipment for Youth League/Clubs jarthurw 3 432 09-20-2018, 06:10 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Premier league darts on sky sports mix tonight TJD180 3 458 04-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Fleet Darts League Exhibition Fento 4 548 03-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Fento