Harrows Darts.

Unicorn Limited Editon Gary Anderson World Championship 2015 23g darts review

Video link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o15Uk0BlpBg&feature=youtu.be

Ok here we go with a review of the commemorative edition of Gary Anderson's Phase 3 darts. There is only 2015 sets made of this special 2015 World Champion set and I believe its also only available in Gary's weight of 23g.

They retail for around £36 and are 90% tungsten with a couple of differences to the retail Phase 3 set.

I originally pre-ordered my set from Madhouse darts but was not planning on reviewing them as they were just for collecting only but I have had quite a few requests to do a review of them so it was a nice surprise to be sent a set by Unicorn to review so many thanks to them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. So I will be giving them away in a draw for all subscribers of my Youtube channel, if your already a member your already in the draw and I will announce the winner the beginning of May Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

https://www.youtube.com/user/dartsnutzdotcom

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

This limited edition set comes in a rather nice box which is a kind of navy blue and gold colour with a Argyll style pattern on it and a few references within to Gary's Scottish heritage which is a neat touch Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Within the box you have the barrels and Anderson signature flights and two-tone blue/white gripper 3 shafts and a purist leatherette style bar wallet all neatly contained within the foam insert.

The barrels also have a blue band on the first groove and are etched with "2015 World Champion"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a grippy purist style grip for pretty much the whole length of the barrel except for the small smooth bands at the rear with the very fine rings and grooves in between them. Over all though its a high level grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

A fairly long barrel.

Width:

Quite slim too.

Detailed dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were perfectly matched and the third was just six hundredths of a gram lighter so very good.

Weight with full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was just about central:

With the supplied set up it moved a little past centre towards the rear:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I threw the darts with my normal front grip which was close to the nose, I think the balance is better nearer the centre but it was fine there, I do think its a barrel that should work with any grip though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts landed slightly flat in the board:

CONCLUSION:

Like I said with the review of the Phase 3 Premier edition of these they are a bit longer than what I normally use but with the Gripper 3 shafts they felt a little better to throw overall.

I like the smooth transition from barrel to shaft with the Gripper 3's and it has a pleasing profile, seems to work well for me with this dart.

I think overall as a package its great and looks good with the two tone shafts too. I bought my set just for collecting only and was not intending to throw them so for collectors and Gary Anderson fans alike then its a good buy.

But the darts are nice in their own right and have a very nice grippy purist style grip. I tried throwing the darts from the centre and the rear and it was ok within the limits of my ability to try those unnatural for me grips so I think it should suit any style of grip but there is not as much physical grip on the barrel for very rearwards grip styles.

With the medium Gripper 3 shafts though I did not experience any fishtailing like I did with the Premier set up even though I was throwing them closer to the nose, they still flew quite flat though. I think my throw has been evolving more over the last few months though as I have even throw the very grippy razor style darts better than I have done in the past.

So if you already like the Anderson Phase 3's then its nice to have a limited edition set like this and if your thinking of giving the Phase 3 a try then get hold of one of these while you can! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (very nice as overall package)
Grip: 8 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8.5 (2 exact so quite close)
Quality: 8 (nothing to complain about)
Value: 7.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 7 (seem a little better than before, probably set up and me improving slightly?)

Best Feature: grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[attachment=4923]
may all the doubles be with you

Even more excited for mine to arrive now! Top work again Darren.
Started Playing: October '14
Highest Checkout: 170
Best Leg: 11 Darts
180's: >250

Lovely Darts, nice review stellar pictures . I only hope when my two sets arrive the packaging is in as good shape as yours.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
+1

Really nice darts.
Seems like very well darts. But i am in doubt about the balance point for me. Because i have slightly front-centre grip. So i have to try it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Thank you for the review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Unicorn "Gary Anderson World Champion Phase 3" 25 gr - Cosmo Fit Flight System 
Unicorn James Wade Phase 2 - 24 gr
Unicorn Gary Anderson Phase 3 Noir - 23 gr
Blade 5DC

Great review. Again, my ocd gets all fired up about 2 perfect darts and one oddball. The .06 makes absolutely no difference in the world as far as playing but I still find it odd to see so many sets of darts like this.

Beautiful pics though. I'm surprised a dart company hasn't hired you to take pics yet. Best dart pics on the internet.
Great review. Ive been thinking about getting a set or two (or two of the limited editions and one of his regular sets in 25g)
Let me put them in the checkout page and look at the price and try to justify the purchase.
Darts: A whole buncha McCoy darts, different weights
Currently playing 24g McCoy Max
Board: Brand new Shot! Bandit

Amazing pics and close ups of the darts. I sense an impulse buy coming on. Great review as always.
Again another top notch review!!!!! And like Cy has said, your pics are second to none!!!!

These are a dart I would like to have, maybe I'll win them!!!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review as always! Thanks for sharing. They are great looking darts.

A random question though; How come you have blacked out 'winmau' on your board?
2017 180 count - 3
Board - Blade 4
Darts - Unicorn Hamilton 23g with storm points
Oche - Duct Tape
Great review. I might just have to pick up a set of these. They look stunning.
Another great review - agree with Cy, one of the big companies should hire you to take the pics for them, for both their launches/catalogues and also for the stock photo's they send out to the retailers for the shops websites
Yet another great review to get everybody all they need to know and superb pictures.
Can you post the link to your you tube account please
+1 for the review and thank you
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Thanks everyone, glad you like it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(04-16-2015, 10:47 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Great review. Again, my ocd gets all fired up about 2 perfect darts and one oddball. The .06 makes absolutely no difference in the world as far as playing but I still find it odd to see so many sets of darts like this.

Beautiful pics though. I'm surprised a dart company hasn't hired you to take pics yet. Best dart pics on the internet.

Yeah seems to happen a lot really, bit weird?

(04-17-2015, 03:01 AM)FreddyOttawa Wrote: Great review as always! Thanks for sharing. They are great looking darts.

A random question though; How come you have blacked out 'winmau' on your board?

I was planning on putting "Darts Nutz" over it but not sure what to use yet, may just do it with some white paint but think it would go to hard on the sisal?

(04-17-2015, 07:48 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Yet another great review to get everybody all they need to know and superb pictures.
Can you post the link to your you tube account please
+1 for the review and thank you

Adding the link above but you can also click the Youtube icon at the bottom of the forum Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 336 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 680 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 823 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Shot Darts Kyle Anderson Battler Darts Review Getagrip 6 339 11-24-2020, 06:52 PM
  Shot Kyle Anderson The Original O.G Darts Review Getagrip 15 528 11-16-2020, 02:29 PM
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 4,950 11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Shot Kyle Anderson Desert Boomer Darts Review Getagrip 1 154 11-11-2020, 08:22 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 412 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Code Players Gary Anderson Darts Review Getagrip 23 1,080 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 341 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM