Target Darts.

I just can't do it dammit !!!
At the club I play pickup games mostly now and love singles and partner play.
How ever when they start playing 3 and 4 teams I'm in the bin. I just can't play well because of having to wait soo long between throws! Who's up and players at the bar between throws and its just not fun for me. I'm a rhythm player and waiting 2-4 min between throws destroys my game Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm with you. Even doubles can grind my gears sometimes.

We do a "team game" of 1001 to end every league night, best case scenario it's a 6 vs. 6.... It makes throwing darts painful.
No other extra boards around for you to keep your engine running?
I hear you in that regard. I too think of myself as a rhythm player and waiting while someone chats up the gal behind the bar, needing to pee in the middle of the game, or worse yet, texting or talking on the cell-phone simply makes me insane.

Is it too much to ask for them to keep their attention on the game and not run around and act like a little kid with ADHD. Hell, even under optimum conditions I still don't care for long waits between throws even though when practicing alone, I will purposely wait between tosses as if I had an opponent.

My best darts are when playing a quicker paced player that throws, retrieves the darts and gets the hell out of my way and line of sight.
Good ol darts in America. Everyone wants to plays games with 47 players. At a recent MAJOR US tourney they had mixed triples pajama darts :S Nothing like standing around for 3 minutes until it's your turn again. No thanks
A few of the large tournaments have four man team events -I always end up playing but I don't like it. Too long between throws and it shows -everybody throws their worst in these events
(04-15-2015, 05:05 PM)majeek Wrote: No other extra boards around for you to keep your engine running?
We have two boards and when 8 players playing both boards. I try and get them to split up and the winner of 1 board plays the other butt nooooooooooooooo drives me Nutz
100% with you on this, singles, doubles OK, more than that WOFT for me. People stop focusing, concentration gone to s*!t and waiting so far away from the board you have no idea whats going on
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Singles is where it's at. That's proper Darts. Doubles is good, but no more. We do have to play more on Team League night, triples, and we play a single Leg of 1001 Quads to start off Thursday night league match; I'm captain, and always opt out of that.
(04-15-2015, 05:35 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: Singles is where it's at.

Total agreement with that. Doubles is tolerable(?), but only barely so. Three-man and four-man team games should be outlawed and those disrespectful, self-absorbed jerks who head off to the bar to grab a refill during a game should be burned at the stake.
Works that way for me with golf. Need to walk and hit, walk and hit...not walk, stand, kibitz, wait, then try to hit.
(04-15-2015, 05:19 PM)*Saber* Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 05:05 PM)majeek Wrote: No other extra boards around for you to keep your engine running?
We have two boards and when 8 players playing both boards. I try and get them to split up and the winner of 1 board plays the other butt nooooooooooooooo drives me Nutz

This is what we do. Splash for teams... Winners stay on the board, losers move to another board. The winners of the loser board then stay together to play the winners of the winner board. Every player on the loser board splashes so teams won't stay the same.

If there is a huge discrepancy in skill, then we break up a team after 3 straight wins on the winner's board.

It keeps everyone playing... and no huge team crap.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
In my league we play triples (one leg 601), doubles (best of 3 501), and singles (best of 3 401). I don't particularly like the format, as I can't get into a proper rhythm playing anything other than singles. I've said to my captain on more than one occasion that the league should have a rethink and just have singles 501 best of three, and then at the end of the night possibly a couple of doubles games if there is interest.
(04-16-2015, 03:53 PM)dannyd180 Wrote: In my league we play triples (one leg 601), doubles (best of 3 501), and singles (best of 3 401). I don't particularly like the format, as I can't get into a proper rhythm playing anything other than singles. I've said to my captain on more than one occasion that the league should have a rethink and just have singles 501 best of three, and then at the end of the night possibly a couple of doubles games if there is interest.

Singles 401.....! That strikes me as rather odd. Yes you can play it, but why... really why would a League do that, selling all the players short, surely.
6 players in a team in our league

6 games of singles then 3 games of pairs.

good format and enjoyable at the end of the night but would just like a league of complete singles but our darts committee keeps voting no starting to think they are not true darts players...........