Double Top Darts.

Unicorn Madars Razma 25g darts review

Video link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfH_vbfVyYU&feature=youtu.be

Here is another very nice and grippy dart from the Unicorn Global range, the Madars Razma (great name!) 25g 95% tungsten darts. I only seen Madars play briefly at the Lakeside but thought he looked a good prospect so its nice to see him being sponsored and I hope it inspires more people into darts in his native country of Latvia, its so good that so many players are coming on the scene now from such countries, all good for darts in the long run though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts retail for around £30 and like a cross between the Barney Phase 2 and 3 which is certainly no bad thing at all.

More info on the Unicorn site here: Madars Razma 25g darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the normal clam shell style pack with a compact case, 8 flight protectors, a set of gripper 3 shafts in medium and Madars Razma signature flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a mix of razor/shark style grip and a thin micro ringed grip. The whole of the barrel is very grippy and a high level of grip the razor style grip been just a little more aggressive than the ringed micro grip of the centre.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Dimensions in detail:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third was just two hundredths of gram heavier which is pretty good for a barrel with such a lot of cuts!

Weight with the set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was just a touch front of centre:

With the supplied set up the balance moved a little to the rear of centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

As usual I gripped them quite close to the nose, they seemed well balanced enough here although better balanced nearer the centre as you might expect.

Darts landed in the board a little flatter than my usual upward angle:

CONCLUSION:

These are a good looking dart and a very good buy for the price for a 95% tungsten dart. I know the barrels are 25g which is only around 1 to 2 grams than I usually throw but they had quite a weighty feel to them which kind of made them feel a little heavier but it was a nice feel all the same Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Grip is very good and assured especially the razor style grip but I am quite fond of that ringed micro grip in the centre but I was gripping the darts at the front as per usual and although it was not the best balance point of the dart they did seem to fly very well and a little flat.

I think the barrel shape lends itself well to any grip style really, I did have a go throwing from the rear and centre but was too weird as its just not my natural grip but I don't see any reason why it wont suit you if its your style.

I think I may be getting a feel for these more aggressively gripped darts now as I seem to have less problems with my release like I did have and the style of grip was helping rather than hindering my throwing. I think the slanted back cuts give something positive to push against as I throw the dart and it was very nice to throw overall. I could be wrong but I think it just adds little extra force because of the grip and they were working well for me.

I think may be still a touch heavy for me though but really nice darts and well recommended Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 8.5 (a very nice looking dart)
Grip: 9 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (very close)
Quality: 8.5 (very nice)
Value: 8
Suitability for me: 8 (surprisingly nice to throw and worked better than I was expecting)

Best Feature: Excellent grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I must comment this first I think
180-1(33)

I really like those darts- Super review Plus 1 Darren you deserve it buddy.
Those just look good!
Excellent review as always. +1. Those things look GRIPPY!
Awesome images grip! The unicorn global range have some interesting darts
Great review again Darren. They look like a dart barney would get on well with too.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

Nice review! Anyway you could do the 20g tomonori takeda darts review? Just saw this as an interesting headline in USA but i dont know how to start a new thread, "Blind man accused of fraud after winning darts match" Great review as always!
My complaint is that retailers have terrible graphical imagery and limited dart specifications. Even the manufacturers fall short. But we can always rely on DNFs own Getagrip to provide us with spectacular imagery. It just keeps getting better.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Great review Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The darts are so sharp...! >.<
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
great review but ouch, I just can't get on with sharp grip
Thanks everyone! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Had some 20g Tomonori darts before so not sure if I will get another set, will have to see.

Yeah the darts are grippy and I used to struggle with such grip but I think my deftness of touch is coming back so it was not so bad at all surprisingly for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Keep thinking this would suit me as I like the Barney feel. Thanks for a good one once again D. (+1) buddy
(04-13-2015, 04:18 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Keep thinking this would suit me as I like the Barney feel. Thanks for a good one once again D. (+1) buddy

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 782 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 5,118 11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 458 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Code Players Gary Anderson Darts Review Getagrip 23 1,222 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 376 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Purist 25g darts review Getagrip 94 68,705 09-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Unicorn Raymond van Barneveld World Champion Phase 1 25g darts review Getagrip 24 12,392 07-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Unicorn Lumina DNA 21g darts review Getagrip 40 26,504 05-14-2020, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Bart
  Unicorn Phil Taylor Phase 3 Purist Darts Review Paldini-fc 6 865 04-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Last Post: WhiskyPops
  Unicorn T90 23 grams review. Phil D 6 818 03-28-2020, 06:04 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade