Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Red Dragon Amberjack 14 23g - Mini review/pics
Right here we go.

On monday night I ordered a set of Red Dragon Amberjack 14s as I read somewhere on here that they are a repackaged Winmau Fitton. Did the usual research and found out that they are indeed.

The package arrived today, again a testament to how good Red Dragon are

What you get

For a great price you get an XS Wallet with plenty of storage, the barrels with medium alluminum shafts and 3 sets of Red Dragon Hardcore flights in Black, Orange and a hybrid design. You also get a guarantee card.

Broken link(s) removed

For £15.40 delivered to the UK in less than 2 days when ordered on a Bank holiday this is the best of value.

The dimensions of the darts can be found below for those curious. I do not have the relevant measures as this forum has not dragged me in deep enough yet.

https://www.reddragondarts.com/det/11330...4-23-gram/

The barrel itself is weighted ever so slightly towards the front of the barrel and pretty much in the middle.
Broken link(s) removed

And with the full supplied set up is weighted more towards the back.
Broken link(s) removed

I gave them a few throws and I must say they feel great to throw and they hit the 20s more than I usually do (still practicing). The points look smooth but god did they stick in the board hard. The grip on them is adequate but the only things I can compare it to are the nano grip on the Target Buntings and the very very grippy Winmau Fordhams so I can't really say too much about it.

Here is a pic comparing the Amberjacks, a Target 17g Bunting nano and a 23g (catalog shop bought) Winmau Viking Raider just for a little size comparison.
Broken link(s) removed
(Floating mysteriously in mid air as I forgot to rotate the picture)

Overall I must say this is a great dart at a great price and worth a shot at the price it is offered at.

Broken link(s) removed

Hope you enjoyed my first review (ish) post
Walking in a Wolfie and Viking Wonderland!

Currently using 23g Red Dragon Apollo (ex Winmau Fordhams) w/ Intermediate Target Pro Grip and L-Style shape flights
Nice darts! Just a little bit thicker than the Fittons, my 23g are 6.8mm. Been tempted to get a set of these
You cannot go wrong for the price they are

Currently using 23g Red Dragon Apollo (ex Winmau Fordhams) w/ Intermediate Target Pro Grip and L-Style shape flights
Good looking darts and good review. I have a set of the Target Fittons .These would look good in my collection. Definitely a good price point.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Thats great! Good to see a new member getting stuck in with a review, +1 well done! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice review!! Now get them soaking in some acetone and dissolve that ghastly orange and black paint lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I am tempted to get the paint off. Sort of look good with the flights provided though. I'll see

Used by great effect by Jeffrey De Graaf in the recent WDT I believe.
Just watched a video from WDT (I was there but you couldn't see that close lol) and it looks like he is using the 25g version

(04-08-2015, 07:14 PM)bfrposh Wrote: Right here we go.

On monday night I ordered a set of Red Dragon Amberjack 14s as I read somewhere on here that they are a repackaged Winmau Fitton. Did the usual research and found out that they are indeed.

The package arrived today, again a testament to how good Red Dragon are

What you get

For a great price you get an XS Wallet with plenty of storage, the barrels with medium alluminum shafts and 3 sets of Red Dragon Hardcore flights in Black, Orange and a hybrid design. You also get a guarantee card.

For £15.40 delivered to the UK in less than 2 days when ordered on a Bank holiday this is the best of value.

The dimensions of the darts can be found below for those curious. I do not have the relevant measures as this forum has not dragged me in deep enough yet.

The barrel itself is weighted ever so slightly towards the front of the barrel and pretty much in the middle.

And with the full supplied set up is weighted more towards the back.

I gave them a few throws and I must say they feel great to throw and they hit the 20s more than I usually do (still practicing). The points look smooth but god did they stick in the board hard. The grip on them is adequate but the only things I can compare it to are the nano grip on the Target Buntings and the very very grippy Winmau Fordhams so I can't really say too much about it.

Here is a pic comparing the Amberjacks, a Target 17g Bunting nano and a 23g (catalog shop bought) Winmau Viking Raider just for a little size comparison.
(Floating mysteriously in mid air as I forgot to rotate the picture)

Overall I must say this is a great dart at a great price and worth a shot at the price it is offered at.

Hope you enjoyed my first review (ish) post

Very nicely done, good review and all the info other Nutz need to make up their mind/order that's an easy +1
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Cheers!

(04-09-2015, 01:20 PM)bfrposh Wrote: I am tempted to get the paint off. Sort of look good with the flights provided though. I'll see

Very nice review; I agree with it completely. Good job with it!
The Amberjack is one of the best darts I have ever used.
The shape is literally perfect!

I like the black and orange theme. Here's mine:
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They look great with those flights!

(04-09-2015, 05:42 PM)bfrposh Wrote: They look great with those flights!

If you are interested in getting those, those are the Harrows dimplex and the orange shaft is the RED one80 ProPlast shafts (yes, the shafts are orange colored but they call it red).
Enjoy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great review!! I love reviews like this, Big +1 from me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Champion Special Edition Torpedo Darts Review Getagrip 7 400 02-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Red Dragon Darts Gerwyn Price Blue Ice Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 11 728 01-16-2021, 10:09 AM
  Red Dragon Falcon GT's 24g Darts Review Getagrip 10 15,906 01-10-2021, 08:19 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright World Championship Tapered Special Edition Darts Review Getagrip 14 945 12-28-2020, 03:42 PM
  Red Dragon Darts Camaro Darts Review Getagrip 9 494 11-18-2020, 08:00 PM
  NODOR 1400 series Dragon NR-1408 24g dart review Ryk 2 359 08-24-2020, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Red Dragon Stuart Kellett - 24g review Trainor180 19 7,201 06-16-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sithlord
  Red Dragon Evoke 24g darts review Mailman Barry 17 1,356 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Red Dragon Virage 22g Darts Review Getagrip 22 3,346 05-28-2020, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Luke_Kuechly_59
  Shot Rob Heckman Dragon 22g Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,218 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM