Double Top Darts.

Single Malt Whisky
Do we have any Malt Teasers among us?

I always try to sample new Malts on darting days out I have a vast collection of Liquid gold In my house.

So lets share Whisky knowledge I bet I can find whiskys you have never tried that you will fall in love with
Darts Used: Phil Taylor 9Five weight of 22grams. 

My weakness!!!! I'm far from an expert but I do enjoy a drop every now and then, I very much enjoy the dark/peaty flavoured ones. Jealous of your "vast collection" though!
(04-02-2015, 10:19 AM)lovejoy Wrote: My weakness!!!! I'm far from an expert but I do enjoy a drop every now and then, I very much enjoy the dark/peaty flavoured ones. Jealous of your "vast collection" though!

I live in the right part of Scotland so I have easy access to good whisky!

I often take a look a round tesco's or Asda and the finest Malts aren't available.

Which Peaty Whisky do you enjoy?

(04-02-2015, 10:25 AM)LesWallace180 Wrote:
(04-02-2015, 10:19 AM)lovejoy Wrote: My weakness!!!! I'm far from an expert but I do enjoy a drop every now and then, I very much enjoy the dark/peaty flavoured ones. Jealous of your "vast collection" though!

I often take a look a round tesco's or Asda and the finest Malts aren't available.

If I lived there I think I would be pissed up 24/7! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I was given a single malt as a tip on a job at Christmas last year, I forget the name but I believe it was from Islay? I think it was around 16/17 years old and it was very dark and smokey, it was fantastic! Unfortunately I drank it, threw the bottle away and can't for the life of me remember what it was called!
Nice thread.

I'm no expert either, but would gladly hear your recommendations. I have a collection but it's far from vast. The next addition will be from either Tasmania or Japan to try as I've heard good things.

My wife and I like a Talisker 10 y.o. at the end of the day, amongst others.
not for me but my Dad loved it, was a long time ago since he had a drink though as his health would not allow any alcohol, hopefully he can drink all he wants know in heaven Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Quote:Which Peaty Whisky do you enjoy?

The two you can always find around here are Laphroaig and Lagavulin. I like both, even the cheaper versions.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(04-02-2015, 10:31 AM)lovejoy Wrote:
(04-02-2015, 10:25 AM)LesWallace180 Wrote:

If I lived there I think I would be pissed up 24/7! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I was given a single malt as a tip on a job at Christmas last year, I forget the name but I believe it was from Islay? I think it was around 16/17 years old and it was very dark and smokey, it was fantastic! Unfortunately I drank it, threw the bottle away and can't for the life of me remember what it was called!

Could be the bowmore you had its dark and smokey

(04-02-2015, 10:32 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Nice thread.

I'm no expert either, but would gladly hear your recommendations. I have a collection but it's far from vast. The next addition will be from either Tasmania or Japan to try as I've heard good things.

My wife and I like a Talisker 10 y.o. at the end of the day, amongst others.

I have tried a Japanese whisky and It was very nice Yamazaki it think it was called. Apparently Hibiki is a nice whisky howver this one is a blended

I would have a few years ago,then over done it,cannot drink it now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-02-2015, 02:17 PM)brenthahn Wrote:
Quote:Which Peaty Whisky do you enjoy?

The two you can always find around here are Laphroaig and Lagavulin. I like both, even the cheaper versions.

I have tried them ones I like my Highland malts or even the speyside malts are decent.

Bowmore, Glenlivet... the lighter less smokey, seaweedy/iodine (Laphroiag for example) single malts.

A side note: What do you think about a Japanese whiskey(s) out ranking Scotch Whiskeys in the latest whiskey poll?

https://nypost.com/2014/11/04/japanese-w...sh-brands/
(04-02-2015, 03:54 PM)redhedkev Wrote: Bowmore, Glenlivet... the lighter less smokey, seaweedy/iodine (Laphroiag for example) single malts.

A side note: What do you think about a Japanese whiskey(s) out ranking Scotch Whiskeys in the latest whiskey poll?

I like the Japanese Whisky but there are probably several Polls which have various results. I prefer Grey Goose to Russian Vodka so it's the same if you like the taste then go for it. The Japanese are fast becoming big Whisky sellers but the Chinese prefer to buy the Scottish Whisky over the Japanese according to tourists I have spoken with. But it really is a preference thing.

I know a whisky tour guide who told me about a customer who complained that his 50year old malt wasn't tasty...Just because its aged doesn't mean one will like it..I prefer older malts but hey...I like Carol Vorderman so each to their own haha

(04-02-2015, 04:26 PM)LesWallace180 Wrote:
(04-02-2015, 03:54 PM)redhedkev Wrote: Bowmore, Glenlivet... the lighter less smokey, seaweedy/iodine (Laphroiag for example) single malts.

I like the Japanese Whisky but there are probably several Polls which have various results. I prefer Grey Goose to Russian Vodka so it's the same if you like the taste then go for it. The Japanese are fast becoming big Whisky sellers but the Chinese prefer to buy the Scottish Whisky over the Japanese according to tourists I have spoken with. But it really is a preference thing.

I know a whisky tour guide who told me about a customer who complained that his 50year old malt wasn't tasty...Just because its aged doesn't mean one will like it..I prefer older malts but hey...I like Carol Vorderman so each to their own haha

As far as Vodka is concerned... the more it's distilled the better, it should not taste like lighter fluid.

Tito's Vodka, distilled in Austin Texas is actually pretty damned good for the price.
https://www.titosvodka.com/
The Whisky I recommend to all is Glendronach aged 12 to start off its casked in olorosso sherry casks and its a fine whisky.

Below is copied directly from Glendronachs website this stuff is liquid Gold

Expression
12 Year Old
Appearance
Deep amber-red gold.
Nose
Sweet, creamy vanilla, with hints of ginger. Spiced mulled wine and pear.
Palate
Rich, creamy, silky-smooth. Warm, rich oak and sherry sweetness, full mouth feel, raisins and soft fruits. Spicy with medium length and a dry finish.
Conclusions
Long, full and firm, slightly nutty.