Harrows Darts.

Newbie Trick
Have some stems that continually loosen up and didn't know about O rings yet.. had to improvise something, so I grabbed some Teflon tape (the kind you use for threads on pipes) and put it on the threads. It has taken care of the problem..... so if you don't like the look or feel of an O ring give it a try..... just cut a small piece ~ an inch (25mm) and then cut it straight down the middle to reduce the width.
(03-25-2015, 11:48 AM)Rob22 Wrote: Have some stems that continually loosen up and didn't know about O rings yet.. had to improvise something, so I grabbed some Teflon tape (the kind you use for threads on pipes) and put it on the threads. It has taken care of the problem..... so if you don't like the look or feel of an O ring give it a try..... just cut a small piece ~ an inch (25mm) and then cut it straight down the middle to reduce the width.

Yeah that's a good tip Rob, should work a treat too, +1 for posting Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You can get a liquid equivalent to.
Cheers Geordie.
Careful though Geordie, if you use pipe dope you may never get it back off!.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Plastic bag works too, but I can see Teflon tape staying on the threads a lot better.
Its called PTFE tape and can be bought in any DIY shop in the plumbing section
whenever I've used aluminium stems, the hole in the side takes a Point in it perfectly, allowing you to tighten it just that little bit more than you can with your fingers. They never come loose then.
I carry a small roll of this in my league night dart case, in case of emergency for my teammates and I. If done properly, it doesnt bulge out like some o-rings do when tightened.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

I like it.
I even use Teflon tape with my nylon stems. It needs freshening up every couple of weeks, but it works great. I don't bother with cutting the tape in half, btw, I just wrap it around and then yank off the loose dangly part.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I do too Brent - I use nylon stems and it locks em in nice and tight. No aluminum Saber Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

When in pub I just pick up a napkin and roll it up on the shaft thread, lock it on the barrel and remove/wipe the excess with damp cloth.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math trick for noobies Baloos 10 1,104 05-24-2019, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Cat
  Trying the Broken Storm Vinegar Trick Dart Snob 33 9,213 04-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Fred-180