Darts Buddy

How the Pro's Grip their Darts
interesting!
Dunno if somebody already posted this video.
None of the top images work like Phil Taylor..If you can't change the links or use this site to upload pictures.....then close this... waste of my time to signup...
(12-13-2020, 10:08 AM)Stargate44 Wrote: None of the top images work like Phil Taylor..If you can't change the links or use this site to upload pictures.....then close this... waste of my time to signup...

The images in the first posts of this thread are over 7 years old.  We don't restrict people from using their preferred photo service.  But the fact is - some people just don't keep pictures that long.  Or more likely, the terms of that service - or the service itself - have changed and is no longer viable.

We can't change the links, because we don't have access to the original target image.  You CAN use our forum to upload pics - but you're not forced.  We've removed many broken links as we find them - but deleting all posts in a thread because a few links don't work isn't always the best idea.  This site is a community of dart enthusiasts, run by unpaid volunteers.  We don't throw tracking cookies at you - or send unsolicited emails like some - free or not.  We do our best to ensure content works, but with close to 300k posts and 15k members over 7+ years, some links are inevitably broken.

Sorry you feel you've wasted your time.  If you reach out via the Contact Page, we'll unsubscribe your registration.
Better reference.

NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-13-2020, 01:11 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Better reference.

Vid removed

Thanks AD, appreciated.  As long as that Youtube poster doesn't remove his vid, should be good. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-13-2020, 01:18 PM)nixer55 Wrote:

Vid removed

Thanks AD, appreciated.  As long as that Youtube poster doesn't remove his vid, should be good. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

There are way to download YT videos using external programs at posted or sometimes enhanced res Nixer. Do a search.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  I used to, but since i switched to surfing with my phone, it's a lot more troublesome or ineffective.

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-13-2020, 01:45 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote:

Vid removed

There are way to download YT videos using external programs at posted or sometimes enhanced res Nixer. Do a search.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  I used to, but since i switched to surfing with my phone, it's a lot more troublesome or ineffective.

Yes, know how to do that - no googling required - lol.  But not hosting videos due to size regardless.  Nor take the time quite frankly.
(12-13-2020, 02:24 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 01:45 PM)Ancient Darter Wrote:

Vid removed

Yes, know how to do that - no googling required - lol.  But not hosting videos due to size regardless.  Nor take the time quite frankly.

Unless one wants to keep them as some sort of reference in case of deletion or locking up (privacy)?

Definitely getting off topic, but there's over 6000 video links on this forum as we speak.  And close to 300,000 image links.  I have been known to preserve image copies for high profile threads - like Forum Challenges for example.  Embedded videos links - not so much.  The scope of the task is just too great.

Nor can we realistically store on our own host.  The financial implications alone would put us out of the picture.  Never mind backup and restore of such volumes of data.  We just got through a major initiative in the past year to eliminate some 20GB of storage.  Small potatoes for big operators I'll leave unnamed, who offer virtually unlimited amounts of their own storage.  But those are huge profit based companies running big data-centre operations.  And there's always a trade off.  Always.  You don't have public stock offerings without a return on investment.
Personally, I love the forum. I think the volunteers running it do a tremendous job with little to no credit for their time and effort. I stop by almost daily and have never been disappointed, despite the occasional old broken link.
Yeah, back to topic Nixer. I've tried all sorts of finger positioning to be honest, many worked for a short while till i got tired and my stroke changed, or it just fell short. Fingertip holds never worked for me since we're not talking about fine, intricate or delicate minuate movements, but a fairly violent, large range of movement, the huge thrusting motion. Taylor uses almost a fingertip hold, but thereagain, he's Phill Taylor and gets away with almost anything!

I realised last night before stumbling on this thread, like another member here, that the grip and release part of the stroke was what was causing me issues- over 5 years. And i wondered about who i could approach for help till i remembered the match between Taylor and Shunpe Nogi, another Target player at that time and how the latter holds his darts - like a baby grasping onto a stick with the entire palm. I adopted the essence of the concept and things are certainly looking up in the past few hours!

My grip is identical to The second players throw in ADs YT link.

Artut.. A player whom I’ve never heard of! -I should try to release as he does so very cleanly.

I always thought I was a front gripper, due to my middle finger having the most forceful position at the front, and using it as a kicker to get my spin and a bit of speed....but it’s not necessarily THE GRIP point , I seem to have three touch points.

However! After showing a member my grip , it was identified as a mid/rear grip as the thumb grips middle and index finger /tip or side  are touching  and rear .

I think where I liked front tapered barrels...I was gripping towards the beginning of taper. And when I first started playing with Anderson’s WC P3 , they were long straights, and i gripped much different then than I do now. At the front!

Time to finish that video as my first thoughts were, who the heck makes these compilations (thank you, music especially ???, slow motion?)

Cheers!

Index is usually raised pointing upwards to stabilize the dart.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Just came across this thread. Tidy.

Been looking for a video of Taylor’s darts through the air for ages.

Made my day. Cheers.