Darts Buddy

Shows us your motorbike and rides
Want to know if anyone is riding a motorcycle around the world from the dartsnutz!!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Haven't done much riding around the world, but plenty around a track. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Carvin on the SV

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And a Multistrada I rented with the girlfriend while out in California last year.

Is that first pic not workin? Tried it like 10 times, even used different pics...

NM, I found a pic that worked...
Cool bikes, I have never rode a motorbike in my life.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Never too late to start. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I used to be a Motorcycle Safety Foundation rider coach and taught beginners how to ride from scratch... had people from all walks of life and all ages. Some even in their 60s.
I want to get an Yamaha R6 in near future first license lol without its imposible hehe
In america Im pretty sure you just take a written test for a learners permit. Not supposed to ride after 10PM I think and not supposed to give people rides. Can get on a bike yourself no problem though.

Why an R6 and not R1? You will want it eventually.
The Yamaha R1 its just too fast and to much KW nearly 55 more than the R6 its cheaper and better for customization and dont like the sound of it preffer a 600cc bike Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. the Suzuki GSXR 600 is also nice bike
(03-10-2015, 07:46 PM)Dmott Wrote: In america Im pretty sure you just take a written test for a learners permit. Not supposed to ride after 10PM I think and not supposed to give people rides. Can get on a bike yourself no problem though.

It varies by state. The only route that doesn't vary by state is taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginner Rider Course. It's a 50 state approved program for licensing and BY FAR the wisest route to go about learning how to ride. If I didn't have a career change that got in the way, I'd still be teaching the course. It has its flaws, but its worth is undisputed, IMO.

An R1 as a first bike is a great choice for a fool. Don't care how "mature" you are... Even the R6 is a very questionable decision. It's equivalent to jumping in a Lamborghini having never learned how to drive. You're stacking the odds strongly against you.

My first bike was a ZX6R... As "mature" as I thought I was being, I was STILL a talentless twat on it and I'm lucky to be alive. Luckily I fell in with the right crowd who took me under their wing, calmed down my riding and helped me develop my skills in a way that didn't increase my chances of pitching my bike into a brick wall and wrapping myself around a telephone pole.
(03-10-2015, 08:15 PM)OreoGaborio Wrote:
(03-10-2015, 07:46 PM)Dmott Wrote: In america Im pretty sure you just take a written test for a learners permit. Not supposed to ride after 10PM I think and not supposed to give people rides. Can get on a bike yourself no problem though.

It varies by state. The only route that doesn't vary by state is taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Beginner Rider Course. It's a 50 state approved program for licensing and BY FAR the wisest route to go about learning how to ride. If I didn't have a career change that got in the way, I'd still be teaching the course. It has its flaws, but its worth is undisputed, IMO.

An R1 as a first bike is a great choice for a fool. Don't care how "mature" you are... Even the R6 is a very questionable decision. It's equivalent to jumping in a Lamborghini having never learned how to drive. You're stacking the odds strongly against you.

My first bike was a ZX6R... As "mature" as I thought I was being, I was STILL a talentless twat on it and I'm lucky to be alive. Luckily I fell in with the right crowd who took me under their wing, calmed down my riding and helped me develop my skills in a way that didn't increase my chances of pitching my bike into a brick wall and wrapping myself around a telephone pole.

I guess me and my family are "fools" haha. I grew up on dirtbikes, friends have had honda 969s, my brother has the R1. So maybe for me it wouldnt be considered a "first bike"? I just wouldn't want to buy a bike, then after 6 months regret the decision and want the faster one, while you still have X amount of months to pay it off (unless you have enough money... but then Id buy like a Ninja250 or whatever instead of an R6, and upgrade whenever I felt comfortable).

Obviously you are knowledgable, but don't some experienced people like the extra power for safety because they feel they can move out of the way quicker? (I understand an R6 is way faster than a honda ruckus scooter and thats probably what they are referring to. I just know, personally, if I had an R6 I would end up with buyer's remorse).

Edit: Did I confuse what Honda used to make? Did they make a 696 or a 969?
If you grew up on dirtbikes, it's probably not a first bike now, is it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I'm speaking about the "Hey I've never ridden a bike in my life and have absolutely no frikkin idea what I'm getting myself into, but lets start on an R1 cuz I don't wanna outgrow a 600, even though I've never ridden one of those, either" crowd. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As for the "extra power for safety" argument, I've never seen any data that supported the argument that a more powerful bike was safer than a less powerful one, but plenty to support the contrary. And in the tens of thousands of miles I've done on the street (many on my girlfriend's Ninja 250 which is a HOOT to ride), I've never gotten into a scenario where my safety was compromised due to a lack of power. But I suspect if I ever did end up in that situation, my awareness as a rider let me down long before the bike itself.

Motorcycle riding isn't a skill of the hands and feet, it's a skill of the mind and eyes.... The safer rider isn't the one with the most capable bike, it's the rider that knows precisely what their bike is capable of AND how to use it accordingly without getting themselves into a situation they can't safey get out of.
(03-10-2015, 09:41 PM)OreoGaborio Wrote: If you grew up on dirtbikes, it's probably not a first bike now, is it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I'm speaking about the "Hey I've never ridden a bike in my life and have absolutely no frikkin idea what I'm getting myself into, but lets start on an R1 cuz I don't wanna outgrow a 600, even though I've never ridden one of those, either" crowd. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As for the "extra power for safety" argument, I've never seen any data that supported the argument that a more powerful bike was safer than a less powerful one, but plenty to support the contrary. And in the tens of thousands of miles I've done on the street (many on my girlfriend's Ninja 250 which is a HOOT to ride), I've never gotten into a scenario where my safety was compromised due to a lack of power. But I suspect if I ever did end up in that situation, my awareness as a rider let me down long before the bike itself.

Motorcycle riding isn't a skill of the hands and feet, it's a skill of the mind and eyes.... The safer rider isn't the one with the most capable bike, it's the rider that knows precisely what their bike is capable of AND how to use it accordingly without getting themselves into a situation they can't safey get out of.

Yeah I think we agree entirely, I was just lumping myself in with a complete beginner when I might be more of a novice or whatever.

Everybody has seen those videos where grandma decides to ride the scooter, and gets "whiskey throttle." Now imagine if that was an R1, grandma would be doing backflips haha.

edit: If I can find some old pictures I will post some
lol I think we hijacked this thread enough as it is. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

MOAR PIX OF MEMBERS RIDING! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
4 wheels but i am counting it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
i am way to old to ride on 2 wheels
you count 180's
i'm counting money
     :usa:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which Comedy shows,/Comedians You Into? derryfilm 24 564 04-15-2020, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Lotto
  Top Gear: live shows in doubt after Jeremy Clarkson’s suspension Aussie Kev 12 1,882 03-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Last Post: redhedkev