Harrows Darts.

Red dragon Hi-score?
Hi people, just wondered what your views are on the red dragon hi-score board? It's made by nodor, and caught my eye as it comes with a set of free darts that are usually £12, so the board only is really about £15 if you take the darts off. It also means I get to try the phase 5 shape if I get the matras, so seems really good for the price.

I currently use a late 1980's winmau board, so need a new one.
Oh I've realised it's not a blade style of board, I might as well just stick with my old one until I upgrade to one of them. No worries.
Conan I see you are in the UK - get yourself to argos and pick up a blade 4 for £21 or a dual core for £30
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(03-04-2015, 01:12 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Conan I see you are in the UK - get yourself to argos and pick up a blade 4 for £21 or a dual core for £30
Thats really cheap. I heard a rumour the argos ones are seconds though on a forum, is there any truth in this?
(03-05-2015, 02:01 AM)conanthewarrior Wrote:
(03-04-2015, 01:12 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Conan I see you are in the UK - get yourself to argos and pick up a blade 4 for £21 or a dual core for £30
Thats really cheap. I heard a rumour the argos ones are seconds though on a forum, is there any truth in this?

I have heard this as well. Not entirely sure if this was ever validated. I've bought numerous boards from argos, always the Winmau blade boards, and never had a problem with any of them. For me it's worth it as you are saving a good bit against what other shops sell them for. You can always ask the person in the shop to open the board for you to inspect before taking it just to verify that it all looks as it should - bull is centered, no cracks, number ring intact, etc
=========================================================================================
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

I dont think the rumour is true, I would have thought that if the factory was producing that many 'seconds' it could supply argos i would imagine they would sort out quality control sharpish due to financial losses. Plus the purchasing team at argos wouldnt buy in seconds, they have enough leverage to buy a1 products cheaply.
(03-05-2015, 01:49 PM)jebrand Wrote: I dont think the rumour is true, I would have thought that if the factory was producing that many 'seconds' it could supply argos i would imagine they would sort out quality control sharpish due to financial losses. Plus the purchasing team at argos wouldnt buy in seconds, they have enough leverage to buy a1 products cheaply.

Ok I thought it sounded a bit off. Will have to get one at that price. Only thing is I need to mount it on my door, the current darts cabinet was mounted by the previous home owner, they mounted it at 5 foot 3. Unfortuneately my walls are only about 5 foot tall and then they slope toward the ceiling, so will have to door mount it.
Seconds are good too but the buyers should be informed about it as such.

The seconds of Levis are stamped as seconds in the tag so I'm okay to expect some minor defects on it - and feel glad for the 85% Off deal.

Hopefully the "seconds" type of dartboard if so - isn't missing the bulls eye!
(03-07-2015, 06:49 AM)majeek Wrote: Seconds are good too but the buyers should be informed about it as such.

The seconds of Levis are stamped as seconds in the tag so I'm okay to expect some minor defects on it - and feel glad for the 85% Off deal.

Hopefully the "seconds" type of dartboard if so - isn't missing the bulls eye!

Yeah nothing inherently wrong with them, when I skated in my teens I used to buy factory second ricta wheels, instead of around £40 they were £12.99 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images., and to be honest, you wouldn't even know they were seconds.
Apparently it was misprints on the wheel logo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red Dragon Hi-Score 2 Dart Board ChrisTheFish 1 415 01-19-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: nixer55