Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

6 Darts for Practice !
Some times I will use 6 Darts for practice. Only on certain ones though. Like around the world on singles or throw three at the trip 20's 3 at the 19's and so on. I use the same dart make and weight in other words 2 sets of my Rasta's or my Phase 5's. I never throw at one number or section with all six because then I would increase tearing up flights unnecessarily .
I like it because when pinched for time I can throw a lot of darts, two I like getting use to switching numbers on the fly so to speak.
Its not a every day thing but a nice change of pace so to speak.
I don't recommend using sets that are different.
Im just now going to have two sets of the same exact darts, so I will be doing this more often.

My friends and I have this pot going where we put in $5 whenever we play and first person to hit the shot wins. The shot is very hard though so there is already probably $200 or maybe even more in there.

The shot you need to hit, in order, is:
D20
T20
Red or Green Bull
Opposite bull of the previous one you just hit
T3
D3.

So its pretty much 6 perfect darts and you don't get the help of a previous dart sucking a slightly off dart into the target. So what Im saying is we will probably never win and will have to just split the money eventually, its more like a bank account haha.

But throwing six darts seems to help with getting a good rhythm going. Somebody posted a challenge or practice exercise where you throw 6 darts and Ive enjoyed it ever since then.
I have been using 6 identical darts for several years. The advantages is time, building trust in your rhythm.

Agree wholeheartedly that finding proper drills save on flights and shafts and the wear and tear on the finish of your darts

Currently the two drills I include 6 darts are:

RTW Doubles (first dart in the double .. no second or third dart at the same double)

Larry Butler's drill (two of 3 three darts into the DOUBLE .... great for grouping and doubles muscle memory)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
Nice post