Darts Buddy

Darting Idols
Just wondering who are the darting idols of you guys?
For me its Paul Nicholson I met him at an exhibition once and he was a really nice guy gave me a set of flights and answered all my questions!!
For me it's Taylor but that's the obvious one.

My others are James Wade (speccy left hander just like me) and Ste Bunting, local lad! Love the way he's shot up in the PDC, obviously wasted in the BDO
Dennis Preistley for me. Had the pleasure of meeting him once and he was such a nice guy. Could have won more world titles if Phil Taylor hadn't turned up....
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bobby George who was still a top ten player when I first started to watch darts and he is a bit of a character but not nasty with it as Bristow always came across to me as being.
Keith Deller who came out of nowhere to shut Eric up in the final and of course Jocky.
Steve Beaton - top fella, greatest throwing action of the circuit when in full flow IMO.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Mt first darting idol was Bristow, i loved the bravado backed up with sublime talent. Now i guess it would be Lewis as i think when on form he is a joy to watch with Anderson not far behind. Also have to mention Tony O'Shea who is not only a great dart player but a true gent too.
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Medium Natural 
Flights: Standard No.2

My favourite must be Shayne Bulldog Burgess. A really fantastuc guy who got to number 1 in The World without a sponsor
For me it is Simon Whitlock great guy although didint talk much when i got the chance to play him, although did give me some advice and a set of his darts and a few flights! Arron Monk, who I played at the same time said i could become world youth no.1 at some point so puts him up there i think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'd have to say Dennis or Harrington. I had the pleasure of meeting Dennis in 1996 at my very first tourney. I ended up playing a few games of cribbage with him up in his room that night. He happened to be sharing a room with Phil that weekend. Funny thing is, I had NO idea who they were at the time other than what I heard about them that day. Dennis was the first person I ever saw hit back to back 9 marks playing cricket. He teamed up with Phil in the doubles and they killed everyone.

The other one is Harrington. We had a crazy weekend in 1999 when he was world ranked #1. I won't go into details too much but some of the things that happened was Big Cliff ended up on the bar room floor in a tussle with 2 other guys and Rod ended up playing mixed doubles with my ex wife. He had a fondness for her 2 special features. That's the only reason I can think of why he played with her. LOL
Eric for me, played up and backed it up with ability.
Got to say that Wade and King for me from the current players, they just play, don't use gamesmanship and let their darts do the talking
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Phil Taylor,RVB, MVG, Beaton,Wade,Silverzahn and last but not least Winstanley.
Well I've met Colin Lloyd a number of times and he's a really lovely bloke, I just wish he could find a bit of form is I could cheer him on

As a kid john Lowe was a favourite, now it's got to be Anderson and Adrian
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

Barney, Bristow, Wilson, Lowe, Taylor to some extent but I guess its obvious as he is the one who has won the most Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(03-03-2015, 06:30 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Barney, Bristow, Wilson, Lowe, Taylor to some extent but I guess its obvious as he is the one who has won the most Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Totally old school mate lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Anderson has been my favourite player since watching him play in the BDO world Championships in '03. Met him and played darts with a few times as well and what a top drawer guy!

Uncle introduced me to Brendan Dolan at an exhibition in Galway several years ago and again, what a phenomenal guy. Great to throw darts with and have a few pints.
Current Tournament Darts: Modified Gary Anderson "Dreamboys" 24g

Other Match Darts:
Gary Anderson Phase 3; RVB Phase 2a; Taylor Phase 5 Rosso; Target Silica Apollo

Favorite Players: Gary Anderson, MVG, Brendan Dolan.

Hometown: Killorglin Co. Kerry Ireland; Boston

CONGRATS GARY ANDERSON 2014/15 NEW WORLD CHAMPION!!!

GARY ANDERSON 2014/2015 PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION!!!