Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Raymond Van Barneveld Unicorn & Darts Nutz Q and A
Barney will be visiting Unicorn HQ Weds 11th March, so if you have a question you would like to ask him then please put your questions in this thread along with your name and location.

All questions should be submitted before Monday 9th March.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Barney,

Having been at the top for so long how so you motivate yourself to practice and how long do you generally practice for?

Nick

Essex
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hallo Barney,

When are u back in Spain? Hope we can meet and play a game of darts or a game golf at La Marquesa Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Greetings, Jordi
Hello Champ,
Being a nurse I'm interested in how your diabetes is going and what affect it has had on your game.

Larry - USA - Palm Coast
Hi Raymond,

I would like to know if you had any favorite players that you looked up to as a young man starting out in the game of darts and also what is your favorite venue that you have played in around the world.

Regards,
Greg - Preston, UK
Your words and actions have all the tell tale signs of blood sugar levels being out of control.
You often complain of fatigue and blurred vision when you are not playing well,and loosing matches.
What steps are you taking to get yourself sorted.
Good luck to you as diabetes is a hideous chronic disease .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Raymond, your wife, Sylvia, attends some of your events. I feel her presence at these events has a bit of a calming effect for you and you do seem to focus more intently when she is in the audience. I she going to be attending more often in the future?

Thank you,

Earl, New Orleans, LA. USA
1- We noticed you keep on switching into different darts as the tournament progresses. What prompts you from doing so and from among your darts, which one is your favorite?

2- 5 years from now, who do you think would be the top five players in PDC?

3- Any plans in competing in soft tip tournaments?

EDGAR M.
BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA
Hi Raymond,
If you had one bit of advice for a budding thrower what would it be?

Barry
Co. Antrim, N. Ireland
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Hamo, lurgan in n.ireland.

You recently started the bates method to help your eyesight. Do you think kt actually helped or will you be going for the lazer surgery or just settle with the glasses when needed.

Barney Army!!!!!
Raymond, you live in The Netherlands yet you play professional darts mostly in the United Kingdom. What is a typical week like for you travel wise?

Robert

Nova Scotia, Canada
Raymond,
are you glad knowing so many dutch youth players were inspired by your succes?

Michel
Volendam, the Netherlands
hi barney.

as my icon in darts, i love to watch u play bcoz of ur calm n really cool when throwing.

how did u keep calm, focus n be very cool like u usually do? n dont u everl feel like come to malaysia? hahaha.

izzat - kuala lumpur, malaysia.
Trying to be better darts player insyaAllah.
Hello Raymond,

- Could we see an up close view of your grip? I grip near the front of the dart too and would love to see a close up of your grip at various angles.

-Are we ever going to see a Unicorn flight that resembles your cut down Maestro's? (where you cut the edges down at an angle)

-I heard you were using the 21g version of your Phase 5s. Is this still the case? Any reason why you prefer the lighter weight in the Phase 5's after playing with 25g Phase 2A's for so long?

-Any chance you're going to revisit your modified Phase 2A's with the nose section that's been modified further back? What was the reasons for this modifications? I was thinking of picking up another set of Phase 2A's just do this modification because see you throwing them made me curious. haha

A huge fan in Seattle, Washington, USA - Jeff
Hello Raymond, love to watch you play Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Your technique is so silky smooth, was it always like that from your first throw or did you work on it to develop it that way?

Why do you think you are so well liked with the U.K. fans?

Which player do you like beating the most?

Do you think the standard is so high now that we should have divisions like in football?

Darren, Middlesbrough
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts Nutz Darts By Darts Nutz Members Part 7 2nd Weight Getagrip 25 7,036 01-20-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Wolfiebrian180
Question Darts Nutz Darts By Darts Nutz Members Part 1 Getagrip 34 8,312 10-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
Wink Darts Nutz Darts By Darts Nutz Members Part 6 The Weight Getagrip 21 5,342 09-26-2015, 07:23 AM
Last Post: JayKay
  Darts Nutz Darts By Darts Nutz Members Part 5 Final section Getagrip 36 6,901 09-23-2015, 06:52 PM
  Darts Nutz Darts By Darts Nutz Members Part 4 Getagrip 35 5,878 09-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Last Post: BigE
  Darts Nutz Darts By Darts Nutz Members Part 3 Getagrip 27 7,892 09-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Troll
  Darts Nutz Darts By Darts Nutz Members Part 2 Getagrip 24 6,632 08-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: TimK
  New Upcoming Unicorn and Darts Nutz Q & A videos! Getagrip 0 2,577 11-09-2014, 04:24 PM