Target Darts.

What size stems should I use with kite flights?
What size stems should I use with kite flights?

Hi all!

I'm currently using kite flights and was just wondering what size stems best compliments a kite shape flight?

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Kites on tweenies for bullet type darts always works for me and most my friends.
So many factors come in to play I think it's very hard to answer this. I always think it's best to have a play around and see what works best for you and your current darts.
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What Rich345 just said. Everybody's throw is so individual even though they pretty much look the same in many ways. It depends on the darts you use, how much force you use when throwing since some folks arc their darts, others throw in a straighter line, etc.

On my darts, I use either short or medium stems when using kites and just medium if using standards. But that is what works for me. Like they say in many commercials---"Your results may vary."
Trial and error is the only way you can answer this question.
Too many variations to factor in. Pretty much what people are saying above.
Good luck.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Thank you to everyone for your response. I will be using a 17g 48mm tapered barrel with a 50mm total length point (around 45mm exposed). I throw extremely similar to mvg except the fact that I stand face on. I find that kites are the most stable flight for me as I like to guide and float my darts in. I want to use pure white stems and didn't want to have to spend money on different length stems and just wanted to get everything I needed in one order to save on the postage. Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sorry buddy its trial and error- each person has to experiment whats best for themselves.
Considering how inexpensive stems are, a few extra in your cart of varying length is only going to help you in the long run. Better to have a few different lengths on hand so the next time you get the itch to buy new darts (resistance is futile here) you'll be able to dial in that new set that much quicker.
Nothing left to do but Smile Smile Smile

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good post Quack
(02-19-2015, 01:41 AM)Quackered1979 Wrote: Considering how inexpensive stems are, a few extra in your cart of varying length is only going to help you in the long run. Better to have a few different lengths on hand so the next time you get the itch to buy new darts (resistance is futile here) you'll be able to dial in that new set that much quicker.

Have to agree. I've used medium, tweenie, and short on various darts with various flights and have found that I like the tweenie shaft the best. Another dart player with exactly the same equipment at his disposal would likely choose totally different to me. Just get a few of each length and have a go.

Wayne
Unicorn Barney Phase 1 23g darts
Harrows Gripper tweenie shafts
Newcastle United standard flights (HTL!)
Depending on which darts I was using at the time it would be either short or tweenie, but as said above it's different for everyone
(02-19-2015, 12:43 AM)DanGoldsmith180 Wrote: I will be using a 17g 48mm tapered barrel with a 50mm total length point (around 45mm exposed).

That's a very light dart with a very long point. Nobody could possibly predict what stems would work best for you. Or for that matter, what flights.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Send those darts to me and I'll find out for you! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-19-2015, 10:30 PM)majeek Wrote: Send those darts to me and I'll find out for you! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Don't send em to Majeek he'll put standards on them!
Lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How important are stems and flights? Westy182 20 989 04-28-2021, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Westy182
  Mission Force M11 darts - what size stems are they supplied with? sydneycarton 3 212 01-05-2021, 02:38 PM
Last Post: sydneycarton
  Does the color of your stems and flights really make a difference? *Saber* 53 15,472 09-20-2020, 05:32 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  One80 Vice stems & L Style flights Chappers 8 976 02-19-2020, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  Cosmo Fit Gear (Stems & Flights) Curtis8976 2 424 08-07-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  How do you insert flights into aluminum stems? jwiere03 12 2,814 08-15-2018, 08:44 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  2ba thread size in mm? cubdog 11 9,271 01-14-2018, 04:32 PM
Last Post: cubdog
  Which stems and flights Nikw13 10 2,448 06-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: rockyboy
  What stems suit these flights? DanGoldsmith180 4 1,098 11-12-2016, 05:32 AM
Last Post: DanGoldsmith180
  Back to normal stems/flights GOLGO-13 17 4,076 07-19-2015, 01:39 AM
Last Post: GOLGO-13