Harrows Darts.

Shaft Comparisons
Newbie dart player here, I can't see any real difference in regards to the various dart shafts. Started playing in a local league and most have aluminum shafts. Any shaft hits or deflections player rolling them on tables to make sure they are still straight. Shaft flight holders bend too. Guys breaking carbon fibre shafts as well. I use Target Pro Grip or Unicorn Gripper nylon shafts and if they break or get bent out of shape toss it. Are the titanium shafts more durable or same as aluminum? I can't see paying extra cash for the metal or carbon fibre and they break the same. Am I missing something here?
No you're not
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Some of the metal ones sure look perty thoughGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
go with nylon/plastic and put a whizcap by Winmau on the end. My stems have become indestructible lol seriously though I haven't broke a single stem since using whizcaps. without them and I can go through a couple of sets a night sometimes
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-16-2015, 10:26 PM)AD18 Wrote: Newbie dart player here, I can't see any real difference in regards to the various dart shafts. Started playing in a local league and most have aluminum shafts. Any shaft hits or deflections player rolling them on tables to make sure they are still straight. Shaft flight holders bend too. Guys breaking carbon fibre shafts as well. I use Target Pro Grip or Unicorn Gripper nylon shafts and if they break or get bent out of shape toss it. Are the titanium shafts more durable or same as aluminum? I can't see paying extra cash for the metal or carbon fibre and they break the same. Am I missing something here?

You make some good points AD18, especially about bent metal shafts. I believe ithat all metal shafts have the potential to bend.Titanium is much more rigid that aluminium but it is much thinner too.
I use solid brass which due to its density is the thickest metal shaft around and yet I have found that some bend ever so slightly as well.

In fact I wonder just how often players regularly check to see if their shafts are out of shape? (I bet most do not)

It's critical to their accuracy and flight path that all darts are 'true'...just like an aerliron on a aeroplane or a boats' rudder, any slight change at the back has a major and dramatic affect on their direction.

Like archers ... get a bent arrow and your results are all over the place and way off target!!

So plastic materials are less likely to be deformed but I'd check a few anyway just in case.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."