Target Darts.

About stance
Hi .I now put weight on my front foot and my game is getting better .Now for instance I got at least one treble 20 in 15 of 20 turns . But my problem is that my legs are getting tired very quickly standing this way . Any advice?
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I also stand with all of my weight on my dominant leg (right) and experience the same problem. After about an hour I cannot bend my right knee and almost hobble to the board every time. It's been like this since I started 4 months ago and I am yet to find a solution so I just try to continue regardless. As far as my research brought me there was no obvious solution so I guess just play through the pain?
Started Playing: October '14
Highest Checkout: 170
Best Leg: 11 Darts
180's: >250

(02-13-2015, 10:44 PM)Troll Wrote: Hi .I now put weight on my front foot and my game is getting better .Now for instance I got at least one treble 20 in 15 of 20 turns . But my problem is that my legs are getting tired very quickly standing this way . Any advice?

it is an unnatural position for your leg, it will get easier with time I would say stop practicing until it feels better, short but sweet sessions. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
What is tiring the most? Hip, knee, ankle, etc..?

You really shouldn't put all of our weight on your front foot because you end up rocking (and can't be good for your joints lol). I think most people do a percentage of 80/20, 60/40. Plus that's just a lot of weight on one leg for a long time. You'll start to tire and lose accuracy/focus.

Is your front leg flat against the oche or more angled?
no angle parallel. My front foot (left) is less hit by palsy and my left side is my dominant one. Also I don't lean forward ,because my balance is very very bad
180-1(33)

See if you can back off a little bit off your front foot and just keeping adding weight in small increments to your rear foot...see if you can find a sweet spot between accuracy and being comfortable. I throw really well with my foot flat/parallel against the oche but it just puts too much stress on my front knee/hip. I've been trying to slowly give it more angle to help the pain but still keep that accuracy.
My stance has always been like a taylor stance side on but i used to lean forward so much about 90% front 10% back and my knee would swell after long sessions, in the end my knee gave in to the point i needed to retire from football and take rest for 6 months. I came back to the game and had to change my stance completely. I was stood in the same position but more or less stood up straight with a 60/40 and it took an absolute age before it felt natural but now i have absolutely no problems with the knee at all.

*tip* if you stand side on, before you go to release your darts just turn your foot straight before making the walk as this will release any pressure and buildup caused by twisting the knee.
Darts: Colin Lloyd Pro League 18g custom points
Stems: Dimplex Golfball
Flights: Harrows retina
Flight protectors: Yes

Best leg: 10 darter
Highest checkout: 170
Best average: 99.35 best of 7 legs.
Fav Double: 20
Fav Player: Chris Mason/Alex Roy
Fav Tournament: Matchplay

2 feet except when excited.
I keep both feet flat on the floor, back foot parallel to oche, front at about 45 degrees, lean only slightly, shoulders lined up a little off to the right, elbow chicken winged a little to compensate and give me a good line to the target. Moving only my arm and not shifting any weight during the throw from this stable and comfortable position works well for me and at 65 yrs of age, I've never experienced any pain or fatigue in my lower limbs. My right shoulder and tennis elbow are a different story, however.
I do all my own stunts.
I was thinking it over again, and got to conclusion that in my health situation ,when I have paresis on right side of body . I already have weight on left foot apriori and adding more on my own can will result in rocky movement that Regulatori mentioned
180-1(33)

If you say you put weight on front foot and legs is getting tired - then probably time to lose some weight.

Philosophy 101 (Intro to Logic). Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yesterday we had discussed that issue with my friends. He said as he leaned forward he threw more consistent. I think main thing is about balance while throwing. while pushing and pulling darts, According to physics 101, negative force of throwing also exerted to our body. its not such a big force, on the other t20 isnot that big either. I think leaning forward makes the body more resistance againist such forces.
I'm not so called, a real darts nut!!
would be nice to be able to see the pros and how their feet are, a couple minutes of googling and didn't find out very much.

I have been throwing with my backfoot not flat on the floor and leaning forward, and here recently i've noticed a little bit of back pain and knee swelling. It's just been doing this recently but it making me think i might should change something up a little bit before it bites me years down the line.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Stance is real important....that is what I am working on now....it's my current bete noir.....any suggestions from the "peanut gallery" would be greatly appreciated....by my cat, especially, as my extemporaneous comments are really messing with his nap time....he naps behind the Oche....:-)
Stance is something that I am working on at the minute. My stance has evolved into be similar to Gary Anderson - very straight on. However, I find that when the nerves kick in my leg can feel "wobbly" and the stance isn't giving me the solid base that is needed and I can end up twitching or leaning too much. A slight modification should correct this, but it is finding that modification whilst keeping the rest of my setup and throw the same and being able to repeat it every time that I haven't quite honed yet.

If we had nothing to work on the game would be boring...wouldn't it... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stance problems Troll 0 250 01-15-2020, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Troll
  Stance issue kennytheger 6 476 11-23-2019, 03:48 PM
Last Post: kennytheger
  Stance and Tempo and Oche Position UncleJJ 3 386 09-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Last Post: UncleJJ
  Stance for 3 darts at wide doubles Sultan Pepper 10 1,065 08-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: wongerchi
  Stance problems Troll 9 3,285 01-30-2018, 04:27 AM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Is there a way how to know is your stance solid enough without using video Troll 4 15,517 06-30-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Troll
  Oche Stance Jamesr4300 15 1,871 01-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Jamesr4300
  Stance questions (2) Troll 6 1,098 12-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Serial 7hriller
  Stance questions Troll 5 922 12-22-2015, 12:27 AM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Stance overhaul ks99dime 20 2,781 10-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Last Post: BigE