Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Dart grouping for more advanced players
Grouping phase 2

This routine is for improving your dart grouping like the name indicates. You start off with number 20 and use all the numbers on the board. You shoot only at the small segment of the number! triples , doubles and large segment don't count you must place at least 2 darts out of three to mark. You must do this 5 times to close out the number. You shoot in order and if you miss you must move on to the next number .

Example: You get three darts at the 20 , you only hit it one time = no mark, next number 19 you hit 2 = 1mark, next 18 and you hit 3 = 1mark and so on and so forth. You keep going around until all numbers are closed.
Before some of you think this is too easy try it hehe. Remember only the small segment counts . This is an excellent routine for accomplished players. To start pick between 9-11 numbers. You should be accomplished in phase 1 before doing this one.

I do 15 numbers 40 min or so. Good luck.
(05-07-2013, 12:08 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Grouping phase 2

This routine is for improving your dart grouping like the name indicates. You start off with number 20 and use all the numbers on the board. You shoot only at the small segment of the number! triples , doubles and large segment don't count you must place at least 2 darts out of three to mark. You must do this 5 times to close out the number. You shoot in order and if you miss you must move on to the next number .

Example: You get three darts at the 20 , you only hit it one time = no mark, next number 19 you hit 2 = 1mark, next 18 and you hit 3 = 1mark and so on and so forth. You keep going around until all numbers are closed.
Before some of you think this is too easy try it hehe. Remember only the small segment counts . This is an excellent routine for accomplished players. To start pick between 9-11 numbers. You should be accomplished in phase 1 before doing this one.

I do 15 numbers 40 min or so. Good luck.
u talkin to me lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
naw I said more advanced players Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. :rofl1:
(05-07-2013, 06:39 PM)*Saber* Wrote: naw I said more advanced players Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. :rofl1:
nice one knew id get a reaction lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
bump
I dont get it? Two doubles will get you one mark? And you need 5 to close?
Oh ok i will try it
Going give this a try, just done round the clock pretty quickly, which is a surprise to me.
Highest Checkout - 156 
180's - 17
Best 501 - 15 darts
Hit my first 180 - 27/1/14

That wasn't easy, got to 13 before I finally put 2 in small segment I was aiming for. Really good challenge.
Highest Checkout - 156 
180's - 17
Best 501 - 15 darts
Hit my first 180 - 27/1/14

bump for newbies
hello Larry!!!
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
hello still kicking- should have next health appointment next week(God they slow)
they like to take their time!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Could you tell me what phase one is? This phase two practice is great though. Always good to get new practice routines to play with

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanced finishing routine rvh1991 13 205 07-30-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Silly grouping warmup studart 6 230 04-19-2021, 07:29 PM
Last Post: studart
  Advanced Double/Treble Practice Dorian 4 769 07-16-2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Fernando de Oliveira
  Tri-Segment Grouping Practice rawdarts 10 2,961 03-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Last Post: chak840
  Targeted grouping drill: K3 BigE 9 2,626 03-08-2018, 09:58 AM
  Grouping and accuracy practice video neilbirkin 4 1,287 03-07-2018, 03:47 PM
  Anyone have tips on getting my grouping tighter ? Black Dog 13 2,730 07-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Dmott
  Grouping your Darts *Saber* 21 10,570 08-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Last Post: *Saber*