Target Darts.

RedDragon 21 gram Scorpions
Well as many of you know these look a lot like the shape of my customs so I knew eventually I would have to try them. My father had to sign for them today, so I had to show him and wrestle the catalog away from him after a while.

The packaging and catalog...

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Of course they include the best bar wallet as usual. Two sets of shafts, aluminum and nylon and three sets of flights.

The specs....
Very close weight matching, .04 max difference spread.

51mm long

7.45mm Max diameter

6.1mm min diameter

26mm point protruding

12.5mm drilled out depth

Here they are next to my match set of customs...

Set up as supplied...

Set up as I will most likely throw them...
Size three hybrid spinning shafts, rocket inside shape air flights.

Will add notes after throwing but these things feel great. I really like the grip. It is just a micro shark grip but feels super aggressive I would say 4+ out of 5 on grip scale. I can't explain it but for some reason they just feel sharper that other shark grips, may be the angle of them, or how fine they are. I also don't see the grip wearing too quickly as the area is recessed from the outer most part of the barrel.
so about 15 minutes with them and I really like them. The grip is on the cusp of being too grippy for me but I think I can get used to that and will definitely move forward with including more grip on my next set of customs. Also with any long dart I feel that imperfections in your throw are magnified and these are no exception. If I released wrong the dart would go tail left but still not as extreme as on other 50 mm straight barrels. The grip and balance requires me to grip a little behind where I usually do but it's not uncomfortable in any way and feels quite good. One thing I noticed is that they will eat flights as I was grouping very well very quickly. They look too narrow for storms but may give it a go anyway.

I would definitely recommend these especially for the price. I am a front gripper and while it forced me to grip slightly more rearward I would still recommend these to a front gripper. I think Hatrick and Troll you guys should definitely try these if you get the chance. Also anyone who grips just rear of the center of the barrel, likes a front loaded dart, or a grippy dart would probably get along with these.
+1 bud, now I want some lol
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Ok now it's finished.
So a little more time with them today and they feel good. 3 - 100s in a row (not sure if I've done that before) but the doubling isn't great. I must reiterate that they are flight shredders and the grip is so grippy I am feeling it may be too much for me.
Nice one Nick, good review +1

They are certainly a strange looking dart and very similar to your custom set, I like them coz they are weird Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice reviewGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reddragon Jonny Clayton Lunar SE 22g Steeltip darts Don Q 15 481 12-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Last Post: boof29
  Reddragon Gerwyn Price Lunar SE 23g steel tip Don Q 15 526 12-12-2020, 07:35 PM
Last Post: AndrewK
  Reddragon Peter Wright Snakebite Lunar SE 22g Don Q 12 1,376 03-25-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Don Q
  RedDragon - Wes Newton - 22g - Mini Review vanJupp 13 2,477 10-05-2018, 04:03 PM
Last Post: neiller
  Reddragon Carnage #3 in 23g review theblindPew 23 7,075 04-05-2018, 03:20 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
Star RedDragon Daryl Gurney Fred-180 25 9,339 10-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Last Post: copigme
  Red Dragon Scorpions 23g darts review Getagrip 13 26,602 03-19-2016, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Pac