Darts Buddy

Flight in the middle of the shaft?
Hello, I have some questions.

Lately I've seen at my local darts club something like a flight in the middle of a shaft. I tried digging up for some answers but to no avail. All it does is send me to the FitFlight which isn't the thing I am looking for.

It's basically a very long shaft hollowed out in the middle where you insert the flight. Any information on these type of shafts, what they do, if they're any good, advantages/disadvantages would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Masterdarts Steve Brown 25 gr. Steel
Geologic Falcon Classic 16 gr. Steel/Soft
HS : 160
To do :
Get a 180
Score under 21 Darts game
Be epic.
These would be what you are talking about. https://www.madhousedarts.co.uk/shafts-s...74121.html

Unsure of the pros and cons though as never used one myself, though I'm sure somebody will have some info on them for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Started Playing: October '14
Highest Checkout: 170
Best Leg: 11 Darts
180's: >250

(01-29-2015, 08:41 PM)TiernanTon80 Wrote: These would be what you are talking about. https://www.madhousedarts.co.uk/shafts-s...74121.html

Yes, those are the types I was looking for!
To do :
Get a 180
Be epic.
Pro: flights are always close to 90 degrees; Built in flight protector so prevents robin hood.
Con: your darts might get stuck between the "legs" of the shafts
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You mean something like : I throw a dart, the next one might get stuck in the first one's shaft gap right?
To do :
Get a 180
Be epic.
Ayup Bogdan

Slickstix as used by Phil Taylor, that should be all the pros needed.
Not everyones cup of tea, but a pretty reliable system.

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ahh.. Phil Taylor, I knew I've seen those somewhere before the Darts club I signed up. Very interesting, I might have to get myself a set of these some time soon.

One more question, what type of flights fit in that said slot? My main concern is whether it will be too short and the flight will just move back and forth when the dart is thown.

EDIT : Also, what kind of barrel is best suited for those kind of shafts?
To do :
Get a 180
Be epic.
Ayup Bogdan

There made by unicorn, so I'd say most but not all unicorn flights will be ok.
Im not an expert on them, but someone will post with better info than me.
Bulls also do a similar stem, worth taking a look at.

Shed
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Most will work, only ones I found small were the Harrows Quadro, not that bad tho. Some are tight but an easy fix is a small trimming of the fight. If you use Taylors old system Sigma or Phase 5 are a bit heavier, the normal slikstiks are aluminum and a little lighter and you also have the option of all plastic, however, I found these break way more often the other two mentioned. Bulls also makes a similar product. Used them for years before Cosmo, good stem and very limited breakage. Purchase o-rings if you go the Sigma, Phase 5 or Aluminum route, you won't have to keep re-tightening the stems using o-rings.
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
I see, I have quite some options to explore and decide what to use, thanks for the info guys!
To do :
Get a 180
Be epic.
What about the one80 intelite shaft system?

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/advanced_s...82&x=0&y=0
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

(01-29-2015, 09:05 PM)Mr.K Wrote: Pro: flights are always close to 90 degrees; Built in flight protector so prevents robin hood.
Con: your darts might get stuck between the "legs" of the shafts

Just make sure - you are referring to darts or else. . .!
I prefer the Bulls version Shed mentioned, accepts more sizes of flights
I just got Phase 5 stems, and also purchased the DMX flights to go with them, not realizing just how small those things were. I was able to get a set of my McCoy Power Max flights into the slikstiks, however I'm now trying to get my throw down better to use the DMX flights. I'm getting a little sideways action, but they fit together so well, you can really get some tight groupings and less deflections.
The Bulls version and the Shot/Puma version are very similar,,,they come in medium and short versions,,,All the standard flights I have tried fit with no problem,,,,The Unicorn versions come in Titanium,,,,Magnesium,,,,Aluminum,,,and Nylon,,,,,Titanium are the heaviest at almost 2 grams,,followed by Aluminum then Magnesium and Nylon,,, Aluminum and Nylon come in 2 sizes Medium and short,,,The Nylon Mediums are just slightly shorter than the metal mediums,,,Unicorn flights fit well as they should,,,,I have trimmed off brand standard flights just a tad to make them fit,,

I really like this system ,,I have been throwing these for awhile and have yet to break any,,,,,It's simple,,,It's cheap,,,and I have the very rare flight pop out on a very odd throw,,,

My girlfried did this with a set of Shot sidewinder stems,,,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Barrel length v shaft and flight length Ed180 10 980 09-18-2020, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Force Majeure
  Weight of fit flight shaft carbon size 1 TheCrane180 4 1,726 10-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Last Post: TheCrane180