Unicorn

Unicorn Ronny Huybrechts 23g darts review

Video link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SrogaXvXus

I reviewed Kim Huybrechts darts not so long ago, here is the link: Kim Huybrechts review so now its the turn of his older brother Ronny Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Ronny's darts are a classic straight barrel dart with a minimal amount of grip but they are a very solid feeling 95% tungsten. They retail for £30 and are part of the Unicorn Contender range. You can find more info on the Unicorn site here: Ronny Huybrechts darts

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the usual plastic clamshell style packaging and inside is a compact plastic case with 8 flight protectors. The barrels are fitted with Gripper 3 shafts with spring clips and Ronny Huybrechts signature flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS IN DETAIL:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts are mostly smooth except for the 2 small sections of ring grip near the front and towards the rear. The grip on the ring sections is a little grippier than I first thought, its got quite deep grooves and the rings are quite thin and edgy so I would say its a high medium. The smooth section in the middle has Ronnys nick name etched in "The Rebel".

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Just the right length for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

The darts were quite closely matched just 4 hundredths of a gram difference between lightest and heaviest:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was pretty much in the centre of the barrel:

With the supplied set up it moved a past centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short stems:

MY GRIP WITH THESE:

I was gripping near and on the front ring section, I also tried throwing from the middle and the rear, balance was very nice from the middle but too weird for me from the rear:

Darts landed in my normal tail up angle:

CONCLUSION:

The first thing that struck me about these when I took them out the box was the very solid feel they had, they have a nice feel of weightiness and solidity which I can only guess comes from the higher % tungsten at 95% but they seemed to feel heavier than 23g to me.

The dart is a very classic simple design but that's no bad thing as it will mean the dart can and does suit a lot of styles but if you really need some grip its only got the two narrow ring sections. I felt for me personally these were more than adequate in grip but a little too narrow in width, I think an extra 2 or 3 more rings would have felt perfect, but of course the darts are designed to suit Ronny Huybrechts and the grip is his preference.

Balance of the dart was quite nice with my front grip but seemed a lot sweeter at the middle but it felt kind of off when I threw them from the rear but its more likely the fact its just not my natural position to grip from.

The darts were nice and steady through the air but I felt like they dipped a little for me at first but soon got used to them and was finding them a satisfying dart to throw.

Overall they are a nice solid dart but I think the small grip section could be an issue for those that need more grip.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 7.5 (basic design but quite a pleasing understated look)
Grip: 7 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (fairly close)
Quality: 8 (has a nice solid feel about them, neatly machined too)
Value: 8 (seems fine price for 95% tungsten)
Suitability for me: 7 (had some good throws since and like the feel)

Best Feature: Nice solid feel Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Ayup Darren

Great review and a nice clean set of darts, rings look deeply cut?
Great set of darts for money.

Shed
Thanks Shed, I accidently posted the review without finishing it, so deleted that one and waited till it was finished Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Rings are quite deep cut just wish there was an extra 2 or 3 to make those sections a bit longer Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

another top notch review. i think for me the rear grip section woudl need to be a little longer but as you say they are designed for Ronnie.

+1 from me.
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

(01-29-2015, 04:06 PM)rich345 Wrote: another top notch review. i think for me the rear grip section woudl need to be a little longer but as you say they are designed for Ronnie.

+1 from me.

Thanks Rich, yeah I find that with a lot of darts I often feel me self thinking if this was there or that was longer etc, but I guess we have to accept its designed for a particular player the way they want it. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Not my cup of tea but beautiful review as always. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery
Thanks Sam Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice reviewGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-27-2015, 04:31 PM)levikusz Wrote: Nice reviewGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Was curious about these recently and after watching yet another great review I'm going to order a set now.

Well done Darren, top shelf as always. :thumbup:

Brad
Cheers!

Hope they work well for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(07-31-2016, 11:23 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Cheers!

Hope they work well for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Received them last week when I was gone and will give them a good test the next couple of days.

Hope they work as well. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn John Lowe World Champion Phase 2 Golden 21g darts review Getagrip 41 12,212 Today, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Tomislav Smolcic
  Unicorn 2022 Gary Anderson Phase 5 Noir Darts Review Getagrip 14 395 12-02-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: sincaid
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 22 5,365 11-29-2021, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Unicorn Dimitri Van Den Bergh Silver Star Darts Review Getagrip 8 155 10-27-2021, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn 2022 Gary Anderson World Champion Phase 5 Darts Review Getagrip 24 653 10-24-2021, 04:45 PM
Last Post: NeoRox
  Unicorn Premier Dimitri Van Den Bergh Darts Review Getagrip 4 127 09-30-2021, 09:09 AM
  Unicorn 2022 Dimitri Van Den Bergh Noir Darts Review Getagrip 13 292 08-26-2021, 03:53 PM
  Unicorn Lumina DNA 21g darts review Getagrip 41 26,799 04-25-2021, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Bart
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 844 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 529 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade