Target Darts.

Bulls Razor 23g darts review

Video Link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76gGII1a2CE

These are the new Bulls Razor darts, they come in 3 models, R1,R2 and R3. Each model is available in 2 weights. This is a review of the R2 23g version, you can find more info here: Razor R2

The darts are 90% Tungsten with a Blue Ti coating at the front and retail for 64.95 Euros which is approx. £48. They should be available to buy in the U.K. very soon Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

BOX AND CONTENTS:

The box is a slim cardboard box with a window showing the darts. The contents should have included a set of Altra Spin shafts but they actually came with Tecno Alu shafts, which look like a Tweenie size. I was told the shafts got replaced as they noticed a small QC issue with the first lot of Altra Spin, nice to know they check them and I don't mind as the Tecno Alu shafts are quite a nice shaft, I know its alloy Larry, but if you want extra grip on the shaft area then these are very good for that and the flights slide in very easily. My only issue was no rubber "O" rings to keep them on tight. Also included is standard Power Flite 100 micron flights and as well as the barrels (of course) there is a Bulls Cone case to store everything:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts have a very nice look about them, the Blue Ti does look deeper in the flesh than my pics actually, I think my lighting overexposed it a touch but the blue contrasts very nicely with the silvery natural tungsten. The grip pattern on the blue section is kind of like a wavy ring grip, its got a very nice feel to it which I liked, the gaps inbetween the ring edges adds a little more grippiness, I would say its probably a high medium. After the blue section there is a smooth section with the logo and name then at the rear is a very thin razor or knife edged style grip, I would say the grip here is kind of borderline between a high medium and high level of grip.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Dart was looking than I though it looked and was a little surprised it was this long:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Well its another perfectly matched set of darts, impressive! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Weight with the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was weighted just a little in front of centre:

With the supplied set up the balance was pretty much bang in the middle:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE:

Darts landed with my usual tail up position:

CONCLUSION:

These are great looking darts which is something you notice about them straight away. I thought the grip might be a bit off putting but its actually very nice and seems to work well for me, not too aggressive and releases easy too. I love the way the light plays on the grooves in the blue section too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

When it came to throw the darts I thought they flew very nicely overall, a very easy dart to throw and was well behaved through the air with my front grip which I was not really expecting. But I tried to throw them from the middle and I think they were sweetly balanced there and although it is not my natural grip I hit 2 T20s throwing from that grip position. Then I tried from the rear holding where the Razor style grip is and managed to hit a T20 from there too which was very surprising! So I think they are probably a very versatile dart overall but might suit centre grippers and rear grippers best.

The quality of the darts is very high and this is again one of a handful of darts where all three darts were exactly the same weight. The only criticism I can find and its one that I noticed more after taking the pics than with the naked eye is that there is a little patchiness to the blue ti coating on some edges and around the nose of the barrels, no big deal but I had to find some fault didn't I ? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I was surprised that such a long dart worked so well with my front grip though, I think the fairly short 25mm points and Tweenie stems probably help though.

A great dart that look good, feels good and flies good Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 9 (very nice)
Grip: 7.5 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (Perfect!)
Quality: 9 (great quality, lost half appoint for the slightly patchy blue ti coating)
Value: 8 (not cheap but a very nice set)
Suitability for me: 7.5 (tempted to give 8 but will leave it there, fly very nice though)

Best Feature: Quality Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review grip, this dart came pretty close to me pulling the trigger just wish the blue section was on the back Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1!
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Great rerview Darren, and wonderful pictures! Great looking darts -I want some!
(01-26-2015, 06:04 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: Great review grip, this dart came pretty close to me pulling the trigger just wish the blue section was on the back Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1!

Cheers Nate, I think I few people want the whole dart in that wavy blue grip, I can see one issue with a lot of darts where the logo and name etc is printed and its obviously smooth at that point for that purpose but I think that Razor style grip would have been better if it covered the second half of the barrel really, I think the other models have a different grip pattern though.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-26-2015, 06:11 PM)Tormentor Wrote: Great rerview Darren, and wonderful pictures! Great looking darts -I want some!

Thanks Shawn Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review grip & lovely darts.
Another great review Grip i'd love to try all 3 models but at the price tag per set i think i'm leaning towards the R1
Great review! these darts look very nice
Thanks guys! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review Darren. I was at the German Gold Cup at the weekend and there was a vendor selling all the new bulls range. I can confirm these darts look amazing when you actually see them. Also so do the Stingray Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
+1 chief
Hi there, I saw your pics elsewhere, amazing darts and have to have them, but who sells them in U.K.?
Just watching the video now. I had to come over here and comment after I saw you put them on the scale. WOW!!!! Simply amazing attention to detail. If I recall, didn't you do another Bull's review and the weights were right on?

That alone would make me consider buying from them. A huge selling point imo.
One of the best looking darts I have seen without doubt. Great review yet again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Started Playing: October '14
Highest Checkout: 170
Best Leg: 11 Darts
180's: >250

Lovely looking darts and great review.
Darts - 24g ShowTime Destiny S/T
Dartboard - One80 Gladiator 2
Best 501 leg - 12 darts (30/10/2014)
Wow, beautiful darts!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Justin Pipe Edition One Darts Review Getagrip 7 191 07-09-2021, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls reviewed darts index mc1958 13 3,583 07-08-2021, 07:31 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1 jordanhopper180 13 1,898 03-01-2021, 06:28 PM
Last Post: dexterwolf
  Bulls Mensur Suljovic Black Edition 23g darts review Getagrip 22 10,603 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls NL Dirk van Duijvenbode Aubergenius Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,260 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bulls Typhoon 23g darts review Getagrip 19 3,388 11-30-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: nrb1
  Bulls Jermaine Wattimena 22g darts review Getagrip 19 8,444 03-11-2020, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls Jan Dekker 22g darts review Cateye 10 1,608 05-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Last Post: italNZ
  Bulls Fighter Dolfin 18g darts review Getagrip 20 20,193 05-04-2019, 06:31 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Designa Razor Grip V2 Seven Lock 24g Darts Review Getagrip 12 2,607 04-09-2019, 03:35 AM
Last Post: CalixNL