Harrows Darts.

Dimplex shafts
I have a few sets of Dimplex shafts that were included in the “freebie flights/shafts included” along with some sets of darts I bought here at DNF a little while ago. My evaluation of the way they seem to work is “Yeah---they’re shafts.” Just out of curiosity---Does anybody seriously think there's anything to the “technology” of those little concave indentations in the surface of the Dimplex shafts or is it just more silly advertising/PR malarkey?
I always wonder but from my own experience if it does work I am not good enough to detect it unless it makes a really big change. But a lot of things sound plausible and may have some benefit but its over such a short distance and my skill level is not at a high enough standard to perceive it.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
No difference IMO
Ok I currently use these, only because the are the size I need. The work the same as normal stems BUT in the back of my head I'm thinking "if there is something in it, then at least it is helping slightly better than normal stems would.."
This is just a positive mentality thing and with the game of darts being mental then at least it helps there, if not with the actual stability in air.

If you think it helps then it probably does help you.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
OK! I’ve got some sets of unused Dimplex flights left over from 20 years ago and the Dimplex shafts that came along with the darts I bought recently. I’ll use the shafts and flights when I start league shooting in 2 weeks and watch whether the other shooters laugh, roll their eyes up or cringe in fear...
LOL, hmm, I think they may roll their eyes Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-25-2015, 10:31 PM)Adams Wrote: OK! I’ve got some sets of unused Dimplex flights left over from 20 years ago and the Dimplex shafts that came along with the darts I bought recently. I’ll use the shafts and flights when I start league shooting in 2 weeks and watch whether the other shooters laugh, roll their eyes up or cringe in fear...

Hmm ... anything for a mental edge, no? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They used dimplex flights on Star Trek so maybe in the future they think they work.
Well --- under any circumstance, I never argue with flights that are the right shape/size and shafts that are the right length/material when they’re free and already in hand.
Im thinking its all a bunch of marketing bull. Golf balls are dimpled to reduce drag but we're talking about objects moving much faster, with much greater arc, over much greater distances. I'm not sure how much practical impact dimpled shafts, or even flights, would have, for a thrown dart over a short distance. Just my 2 cents.
Current Match Setup:

DPC Gun Metal 25g w/ Voks Tornado points.

(01-26-2015, 08:58 PM)Beacon_Darts Wrote: Im thinking its all a bunch of marketing bull. Golf balls are dimpled to reduce drag but we're talking about objects moving much faster, with much greater arc, over much greater distances. I'm not sure how much practical impact dimpled shafts, or even flights, would have, for a thrown dart over a short distance. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe they help if you have Air Con problems.
There must be something in the dimplex effect, even if it is just a placebo. Every major darts company makes darts and flights with some sort of dimpling. Unicorn's Machina is more obviously golf ball derived but Winmau and Target also go down that the road (the latter with the pixel grip as used by Taylor) they call it by different names but everyone attempts to harness that effect one way or another.
I think its the "golf ball" principle behind it, but the dimples on a golf ball only come into play depending on its "spin", my son hits a Titleist Pro V1 X ball, this has less dimples than the Pro V1 ball , the more dimples the more spin, more dimples also means they "grip" the greens more on landing, less dimples means a more stable flight, my son hits a ball at 118 mph, !!!!,
I don't think a dart is in the air long enough or travelling fast enough to utilise these aerodynamics,
Your thoughts Boys n Girls ?
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

I can see where dimples on a flight can and do make a difference in the flight of a dart. Dimples on the shaft seem to me like they would have very, very little affect, if any. Unless the barrel was smooth the groves, scalloping, and shape of the barrel itself would over ride any affects. Boils down to location and surface area in my opinion.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

Reckon it's all marketing guff.
I just use standard shafts.
On and off dart player.

Twitter: @EastKentTom

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post