Shot Darts

I got this tip from Robbie Green (Kong) on shooting double 1
We all have been there shooting double 1 after messing up other chances at doubles. I had ask Kong about his approach to this. And I quote " On the first dart always shoot high for a marker, if ya outside the wire you now have that marker, however you will be surprised at the number of times you actually hit the double 1.

I have taken Kong's advice and it works for me.
Thanks for that Saber
i have a teammate who u will hear in the background shout 1 out 1 in if you end up on double one same thing as kongs advice i suppose
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
that is the exact advice that I give my teammates. If you miss outside a little then you have a tracer dart and can adjust accordingly.

It is truly remarkable how often you tag the double one anyway though. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Great because you hit the out. Not so great because you weren't aiming at the double Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Exactly how I do it too.
https://youtu.be/UAFnQoN2s8w  you only see my hands Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

https://www.pinterest.com/claudinetrvds/darts/
It all started with a 60 peg.....drifted into the 1 with the first dart, 19 to clean it up for double tops drifted into the treble leaving me the double 1 for game. Hit it easy and haven't been afraid of it since.

I'll take a pic of our SuperLeague stats. I've got 23 finishes on double 1. Split 50/50 between having a bad night and breaking down for it on purpose.
And all this time I thought I had missed the D1 on my first shot? Here I was just setting up my next dart. Thanks for sharing Saber
Great advice. And too high beats too low.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

Oh there nothing like the feeling of holding three darts in your hand and plopping your first dart in the high single 1's bed, then sheepishly looking at the other two darts in your other hand.

"Um, I guess I'll just buy a pint now."

Also the way your teammates just stare at the board and not at you is great too.
I was scoring a 501 game at a money tournament several months ago and one of the players wound up with 17 left. When he came back to the board I was instinctively looking at the 1 so he'd leave D-8 when I hear a thud in the board and look down to spot a dart in the S-15 and just as I spot the dart in the 15 I hear another thud and look up and he hit the D-1 to win.

As he was retrieving his darts he said, "I'd probably wind up there anyway so might as well get it done earlier." As for me, I hate D-1 because that means I've generally gone from D-16 and run the gamut and missing that many doubles pretty much ticks me off.
I concur, I aim at the bottom of the 1 wire and have found I am either close or get lucky and hit it.
(08-21-2014, 09:16 PM)Leaky Wrote: I concur, I aim at the bottom of the 1 wire and have found I am either close or get lucky and hit it.

Nice one and welcome to the forum Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Bump
Nice tip. I have a team mate that always tells people when going up to throw at x1, "you have 3 darts, use all of them", kinda on the same line.
I aim at the wired number which ends up low and just think to myself "just hit it and stop thinking about hitting it" usually I hit it but I'm a D 13 out guy I like the right side of the board.