Target Darts.

Two questions
Hi I have two questions
1. I changed my throw ,and I am really afraid that old throw will come back little by little and I even wouldn`t notice it? Could it happen ?
2. With new throw It is all reallygreat ,but I have real problem hitting top sectors of board 5,1 ,20 18.
Any ideas?
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Try to keep on experimenting for other throwing style without jeopardizing/compromising your comfort. You should be feeling relaxed with the throw and posture you chose.

PS: What's wrong with the old form?
First of all my darts where fishtailing a lot in air and didn't land in board straight ,also I wasnt playing well
180-1(33)

FishTailing indicates that your dart is not inline with the target when you release. You can throw in the right direction, but if the dart is not in line with the target it will do a little dance on the way. I have struggled with this and realizing the dart alignment was key has been a big help. I too have trouble with the top numbers. The solution giving me relief involves verticle alignment. I started holding the dart with the point facing more up. I realized it was probably pointed towards the 19 even though I was throwing up (no pun intended). Seeing the dart fly true was a revelation and a joy. This has brought improvement over the last month and has lasted. Hope this helps you as it has me. Good luck.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

Now with shorter drawback I don't have fishtail problem.That`s the one of reason I changed to new throw .About points interesting will have a look.Big thanks mate
180-1(33)

So the adjustment I found I needed to make was completely opposite to what I believed was correct and what I was trying to do. A few minutes ago I chucked three with the old form just to see. Almost got my second 180 in a few weeks. Only the middle dart was just above the wire. But see? I can't go back to that. There is no consistency there. I think whatever gives the best grouping over time is the path to follow.

The first thing I did when I decided I wanted to play darts was internet search. First thing I found was detailed analysis of Phil Taylors throw. I wanted that cocked back wrist straight over the top follow through. Now, my grip is in a nerdier, pointy position. I feel like a geek. I just can't knock results.

I am a short critter. The top of my head is perfect for bull alignment checking of board height in dubious establishments. About pointing the dart... Mostly, I am aiming up. Why not point the dart up? To me it feel like what golfers call "puring the shot." You hit the ball with the direct sweet spot of the club face and the ball just jumps. I know there are all kinds of approached to tossing darts. I can see it in the best. For me, I want to fly darts with a pure flight. Point A to B, no messing around on the way there.

Three months later I'll probably be posting another new theory, like I have kept doing through the last few months. I hope not. I hope mine and your paths have found a true direction. Here's to our latest success sticking and leading to even more.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

This may sound dumb try two different things...

1. Take notes about your throw. Maybe even sketch a quick picture of where your feet are positioned...or when you're throwing, draw a quick sketch of where the dart flight is positioned in front of your face relative to the board. OR even simple notes like... "draw back about 8" in front of my face"..."rear shoulder pulled back a bit, etc.."

2. Set up your cell phone or a camera and record your throw from various angles. Then just save it on your computer in a folder. If you happen to struggle in a few months and can't figure out what you're doing wrong, video throw again and compare the new video with the old video.
(01-14-2015, 07:33 AM)Regulatori Wrote: This may sound dumb try two different things...

1. Take notes about your throw. Maybe even sketch a quick picture of where your feat are positioned...or when you're throwing, draw a quick sketch of where the dart flight is positioned in front of your face relative to the board. OR even simple notes like... "draw back about 8" in front of my face"..."rear shoulder pulled back a bit, etc.."

2. Set up your cell phone or a camera and record your throw from various angles. Then just save it on your computer in a folder. If you happen to struggle in a few months and can't figure out what you're doing wrong, video throw again and compare the new video with the old video.

Or simply ask a friend nearby to assess your throw and suggest improvements.

That's the beauty of playing in leagues and tournaments. You meet a lot of people who are willing to contribute for your improvement in your game.

That's how playing darts is being taught and learned.

With friends.