Harrows Darts.

What are pros and con`s of this type of throw
Hi. I will try to redefine my question .I am completely changing my throw .And it looks similar to this polish guy .What are pros and con`s of this throw style and what things I need to look for.
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Pro: Minimal draw back means less room for error.

Actually that throw looks a lot like Leaky's throw, but Leaky is slower with more follow through
How is Leaky ?
180-1(33)

If you mean everything about his throw, you have to be careful with the rest of the body movements. The short drawback is great , but if you have to put your whole body into the dart to get it there it might be tough to control and hone in.
I like Richie's 3rd dart release Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have very little back momentum (a touch more than both of the players in video), thus to eliminate any shoulder/elbow realignment for consistency. My main focus is the follow through right to the target, I have to admit I get lazy in less stressful matches and have to constantly remind myself to fully follow through. I was using 24 gram darts and by playing with my throw found now that a lighter dart makes me follow through more. I am now using 20 gram darts. The downside that I have found, in my opinion, from going to a lighter dart is you have to be consistent with every throw (follow through). With a heavier dart you can get away being lazy on some throws (short arming). The upside to this is now that over time, by lots of practice and keeping to it, my muscle memory is there, and my consistency has dramatically improved. This did come fairly natural for me right off the get go, my advise is to use whatever feels the most natural/comfortable to you and stick with it no matter what.....results will come.....all muscle memory for consistency and the rest is in your head.....confidence.
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
(01-12-2015, 10:24 PM)Ni518079 Wrote: If you mean everything about his throw, you have to be careful with the rest of the body movements. The short drawback is great , but if you have to put your whole body into the dart to get it there it might be tough to control and hone in.
Ideally just action,but I have palsy and force in throw is issue so I believe my body Is moving . Is this throw same style as polish guy ?
180-1(33)

Cy, the second dart around the 1:06 mark? That to me was classic follow through and nice tempo, I find Richie gets to snatchy and fast and doesn't have a relatively consistent temp. With my similar style, I need to set up each throw and focus on my target first, tried the MVG way and was DFO a no go! I guess I am not that smart, need time to set up and think.
Medicine Hat Darts League---------------------------------                 Darts Used: 22g One80 R2 Renegade's
Ayres? He's got a short draw back but you can still see he puts some power into without moving everything. But that's not to say you can't get good throwing comfortable moving all over the place. Look at Jockey Wilson.
I know body movement is bad ,but I just dont have enough force in arm ,I am like women in force department both women finalists moved
180-1(33)

I like his throw a lot
A little off topic, but I highly suggest you get George's book Darts Beginning to End. It has a a few chapter about throw, stoke, and changing it.

Darts isn't about strength. I believe it was that book that helped me when I was working on changin my stroke. There was one exercise where you hold your arm at 90 degrees (no draw back) and using your wrist and hand movement only (as much as possible) try to get the dart to the board. You will realize that is where most of the power and throw comes from.

Keep in mind I'm no expert but highly suggest the book. You can get it for like $3.00 kindle edition too. I think George also sells them on his facebook or something too.

https://www.amazon.com/DARTS-Beginning-E...1441538712
I have it ,My favourite book
180-1(33)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with type of darts to use? Craddyson 4 388 09-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Ryk
Question Why don't the pros darts... but mine do? GreenDart180 14 2,685 03-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: GreenDart180