Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

A tweak here and there,
Hi all, so everynow and then I tweak my throw/stance/grip etc there must be something I can do to make it all fall in to place right Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. today I tried moving my neck and it seems to be working. Although it feels like my neck is crooked a lot of arrows are going where I'm throwing them Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. basically what I've changed is making the 2 darts that I see when I setup my throw level either side of the target I'm aiming for (as I said earlier this makes my neck feel a bit crooked, I'll have to record myself to see if it is or not) normally the left dart was a little bit higher than the right (hope this makes sense). Do you guys have level darts when throwing? Is this something obvious I've missed out on all these years? It feels a little uncomfortable at the minute and I may not be able to move my neck in the morning but we shall see Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. lol

Cheers
Kev Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Beware the honeymoon effect. Often, any change at all can make for a great improvement. But this does not last. Especially when an awkward or uncomfortable approach is used. I think ultimately what will work for you (or me) is something that feels comfortable and natural.

That said, specifically the change you have made, I can't make heads or tails of what you are saying.

"basically what I've changed is making the 2 darts that I see when I setup my throw level either side of the target I'm aiming for..."

Huh?

Good luck with your journey. Over the last year, I have tried everything I can think of. The simplest ideas seem to be the ones that stick. For me, it is starting to feel natural and I am spending less time thinking about my throw/sighting the dart and more about hitting my mark.

Throwing a baseball seems easy. Most of us having been throwing things since infancy. Try throwing a baseball left handed to see what a beginner feels. But, most of us haven't been throwing darts since infancy. It really is different and we have to realize we are starting as beginners. Time and diligence conquers all.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

If you are not in a comfortable position, you wouldn't sustain it for a time in a match. Keep on trying but comfort should not be compromised.
You should not force yourself into any position that will become uncomfortable, it will not be good after a while.

I found a few months ago that I got my darts to fly straighter by pushing my shoulder forward a little and slightly to the right, I ended up with a terrible pain in my shoulder that has took about 4 months to clear up. It could be to do with a previous injury but I wont be doing it again. The way I stand now is probably not the best way to get the most accuracy but its the way that's most comfortable for me and so now I just stick with that.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You should not force yourself into any position that will become uncomfortable, it will not be good after a while.

I found a few months ago that I got my darts to fly straighter by pushing my shoulder forward a little and slightly to the right, I ended up with a terrible pain in my shoulder that has took about 4 months to clear up. It could be to do with a previous injury but I wont be doing it again. The way I stand now is probably not the best way to get the most accuracy but its the way that's most comfortable for me and so now I just stick with that.

thanks Getagrip, sorry for the late reply, I've been sticking with it and my neck hasn't been too uncomfortable, although still doesn't feel natural, I'm still mucking about trying to find something that works

If you are not in a comfortable position, you wouldn't sustain it for a time in a match. Keep on trying but comfort should not be compromised.

Hi Majeek, the most I've player with this new technique is 15 legs and on the whole it seems to have improved my game, but it's remember to do it all the time sometimes I'll have thrown and then think, oh i forgot to do that!!

Beware the honeymoon effect. Often, any change at all can make for a great improvement. But this does not last. Especially when an awkward or uncomfortable approach is used. I think ultimately what will work for you (or me) is something that feels comfortable and natural.

That said, specifically the change you have made, I can't make heads or tails of what you are saying.

"basically what I've changed is making the 2 darts that I see when I setup my throw level either side of the target I'm aiming for..."

Huh?

Good luck with your journey. Over the last year, I have tried everything I can think of. The simplest ideas seem to be the ones that stick. For me, it is starting to feel natural and I am spending less time thinking about my throw/sighting the dart and more about hitting my mark.

Throwing a baseball seems easy. Most of us having been throwing things since infancy. Try throwing a baseball left handed to see what a beginner feels. But, most of us haven't been throwing darts since infancy. It really is different and we have to realize we are starting as beginners. Time and diligence conquers all.

thanks dart buggy that's what my wife said when I explained it to her, lol, all I can think of to explain it is when you look at the dartboard you can see two images of your dart yes?. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Comfort, comfort, comfort....most important if you shoot alot. Either at practice or match! For me, it's keeping my back foot flat on the floor.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Whatever You Do, Do It Right And Enjoy Doing ItGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

22g Sigma 4 Pro
22g Power 9 Five
I don't keep my back foot flat, but make sure it doesn't move