Double Top Darts.

Entering my first competition.. How to prepare mentally?
Great story Icedmind. Got much to learn.

Anyway, my second tournament went much better! Lost the first match 2-0 against a really strong player, then won my next 3 games. Lost the next one by missing the T20 on the wire. Great fun!
Be as prepared as possible.

Know the format .. is it best of 3 or round robin or knock out

Does the format change after round 1 or 2 or 3 ... BE PREPARED

next

Bring snacks ... protein bars .. etc

know when you can go for a bite to eat or a smoke ... plan when you are going to have your lunch or dinner

next

bring replacement parts .. flights, stems, tip sharpener

next

have a practice routine while waiting

next

stay hydrated ... come rested

drink alcohol appropriately

next

stay focused when something happens on the next board or your opponent does something or says something
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
As a lot of others have said. In a sport where your opponent can not affect on your play/score just concentrate on the board & your scoring, if you can, blank out the opponent ,his throw/score, & above all Relax easier said than done in your first /early comps, win or lose just enjoy, or it will be a a maybe (should I do it again) thing.
Well done in your first two competitions, glad you had fun and to finish in the top half first time out is awesome. I'm sure once you can bring your game and not be concerned with others you will enjoy it even more and go even higher.
Played my first comp in 30 years last week and had a great time, great grouping but lots of T1's for me...... But next time I'll be ready Ha Ha
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good in practice, poor in competition Ed180 9 690 12-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  Amount of practice before competition husky333 11 953 05-16-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Jusa73
  Failure to Prepare Grey Owl 4 1,564 07-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Grey Owl