Harrows Darts.

Isn't this how it usually goes?
I got a small windfall, slight breeze actually, in some unexpected money coming my way in the tune of $450 a few weeks ago.

I decided to check my Charbroil Commercial Grill that is in need of some upkeep to get it back to normal operating conditions. Seems the parts I need will run me in the $175 range to get it back up to snuff------ fair enough.

SOOO, while checking out the grill I decided to get a load of wash going and when I came in to check it, there was water on the floor. Further investigation shows that the tub seals are leaking and the replacement kit is a mere $86.66 , but you need a special tool to remove and replace said seals and bearings and that tool is ONLY $100.65. While taking things apart to find the leak I noticed the Stator has several cracks in the housing and should also be replaced before it comes completely apart. For only $147.65 I can own a new stator.

The kicker is, when moving my wife's ironing board to make room to work on the washer, I accidently knocked over her iron and broke it.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get up.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
LOL sounds like my luck Earl. Been there done that stuff buddy.
Murphy likes your house too!!! :-)...Inadvertzantly drowned my remote for the garage door the first day of Christmas vacation...old garage door opener, not cheap to replace. So far, lucked out. Put it in baggie with rice to dry out....seemed to do the trick.

I bet the Nutz on this forum have ever so much better "Murphy Came to Call" stories like Gumbo's. It might be great fun to do a thread about Murphy incidents.

Don't yell at me, Gumbo started it!!!! (LOL)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Had to do some work on my washer recently and found this site. Good prices, full schematics, install videos and very fast shipping. Might be worth your while to check it out.

https://www.appliancepartspros.com

Was it a spanner wrench you needed?

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/pro-s...03397.html
(01-08-2015, 06:42 AM)Ni518079 Wrote: Had to do some work on my washer recently and found this site. Good prices, full schematics, install videos and very fast shipping. Might be worth your while to check it out.

https://www.appliancepartspros.com

Was it a spanner wrench you needed?

https://www.appliancepartspros.com/pro-s...03397.html

Thanks for posting that, but that's the site I went to for parts. The special tool is one to remove and install the new bearing and seal kit on the shaft for the tub, not the one in the diagram you posted.

Even though the washes is only about 7 years old and still looks brand new, I'm not going to spend more than half what a new one costs to repair it just to chance continuing problems.

To say I'm disappointed in this Whirlpool Cabrio washer is an understatement. Last washer I had lasted almost 20 years before it gave up the ghost. The dryer I am using is over 20 yrs. old and I'll just buy a set this time around.

I looked at sets in Home Depot yesterday just to see what's out there and the sales lady said the life expectancy of new washers is now in the 13-14 yr. range by industry standards.
Yeah, even though my dad is a bit older/grumpy/cynical, he does have some good points now and again. He swears they purposely build appliances with weak areas so they'll break down in less than 10 years...that way you're forced to keep upgrading/buying the newer model.

Too bad Honda won't get into appliances...just about everything they make is so reliable (cars, generators, lawn mowers, etc..)
I call it "Planned Obsolescence" where the manufacturers make sure you have to purchase new products fairly regularly. You know, gotta keep that economy going and the CEO's need their big bonuses every year.
Damn , that normally happens to me when I have no money Buddy, at least you had ya windfall to soften the blow lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I called a used appliance business this morning that is close to my house to see if the owner would be interested in picking up the old washer with the leak to use for parts. I told him the body of the washer is flawless, no dings, scratches, rust, etc. and explained what I found wrong with it and what it would need in parts to fix.

He asked what kind it was, and when I told him, he begged off saying it was not worth his time to fix since that new of a machine was all electronic and not what he'd fix to sell. He said he only sells the older model direct drive machines. He went on to say if you got 6-8 years out of a new machine, consider yourself lucky because they don't build them with the same integrity they once did where you could rely on having them last 15+ years.

The machine I had prior to the one that just broke lasted me close to 20 years.