Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Electronic Scorer 2000
As a new year project I hope to build an electronic scorer with as many features and possible and will chart the progress and design here.

If anyone has suggestions on possible features let me know and I'll try to incorporate.

Original Thread was here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/showthread.php?tid=10433
I think if your in the U.S. then yes you should have the Cricket side added too.

Can you add an lcd screen to play animations like on the soft tip boards?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-03-2015, 04:58 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think if your in the U.S. then yes you should have the Cricket side added too.

Can you add an lcd screen to play animations like on the soft tip boards?

Ok, so Cricket is in. Figure I can use the 3 leds for each number as an indication of darts thrown in a standard '01 game also.

Basic layout in attached image. Plus optional Android App for control.    

So I guess your an electronics wiz then Joey?

That looks good so far Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-05-2015, 01:19 PM)Getagrip Wrote: So I guess your an electronics wiz then Joey?

That looks good so far Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I wouldn't say a wiz but electronics has been a hobby for many years and I work with micro-controllers.

So, this project is going to be pretty much a kitchen table project with easy to get parts, as much as possible.

I'd really love to get my hands on a CNC milling machine to do some nice finishing work on this but will have to see how the budget is through the year to come.

And I just love darts. Playing or watching.
Sounds good then, would be nice if you had a nice fancy case to house it in though, would make it all the better Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I'll be looking forward to reading the progress. The layout in the graphic above looks a lot like the Bull's MasterScorer.

It's an awesome idea to be able to control from an Android device; none of the others available are able to do that.

x01 and Cricket/Tac-Tics seem to be the predominant games. Some scorers, I believe, also have RTW. I tend to play that 'in my head' and don't keep score. I don't know how others approach it.

When you have something completed, will it be marketed?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- If it don't fit, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
- If it ain't broke, you might still be able to fix it.

"Maintain a solid 60.  What you do with your other two darts is up to you" -Unknown

My match darts:  21gm Harrows Wolfram Infinity, short nylon/Target Carbon Ti Pro stems, standard flights.
Photo 
Hi JayPro, took a look at the Bull's scorer. Yeah, has a similar look alright.

The Android app is up and running on my old scorer and works quite well. I will try to do a video at some point showing it in operation.

I hadn't considered RTW on the scorer. I'm open to all suggestions for features so happy to consider anything that fits with the design I've layed out.

I don't plan on marketing the scorer, it's just a hobby project for me right now. I think it may be too costly and most people these days are happy to use a darts scoring application on their phones, so don't think there would be too much interest anyway.

My biggest problem is going to be getting a nicely designed enclosure. Being a 'Kitchen Table' project, I don't have a workshop, so it will be a challenge.

I've started to mock up a design in Solidworks ( which I'm just learning ) just to give an idea of what I'd hope the end result to look like....not finished ( see attached )

I think you could likely sell these if they come out like that Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Let's just see how things go so....

I was surprised to see on the dartsmaster webpage that they are talking about a production run when they have 1000 orders/deposits of the DartMaster3. This without any further enhancements or upgrades to it.

This thing I'm building should cost no more than the DartMaster3 but with significantly more features.

Hope it doesn't disappoint. Just wish I had more time to spend on it. For now it will be a 1 year project ( hopefully sooner ).
Sounds like it will a winner Joe, cant wait to see it in all its glory when finished Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(01-22-2015, 04:32 PM)joeyla Wrote: Let's just see how things go so....

I was surprised to see on the dartsmaster webpage that they are talking about a production run when they have 1000 orders/deposits of the DartMaster3. This without any further enhancements or upgrades to it.

This thing I'm building should cost no more than the DartMaster3 but with significantly more features.

Hope it doesn't disappoint. Just wish I had more time to spend on it. For now it will be a 1 year project ( hopefully sooner ).

They were talking about upgrading the new run of dartmaster, but I'm not sure exactly what that entails.

If you did consider selling this, I would double check on the dartmaster's patents. Your design is extremely close in function, and may be infringing on them.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Holy crap. Never though about anything like patents.

The plan isn't to sell it but I'd be interested to see what they have patented? Any idea what specific patents would be infringed and where I could take a look at them.

Aren't all scorers much the same ( keeping score ) or is there something unique about Dartmaster3.
(01-22-2015, 06:10 PM)joeyla Wrote: Holy crap. Never though about anything like patents.

The plan isn't to sell it but I'd be interested to see what they have patented? Any idea what specific patents would be infringed and where I could take a look at them.

Aren't all scorers much the same ( keeping score ) or is there something unique about Dartmaster3.

Let me see if I can dig them up...
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Just a couple of updated pictures of the design.

I haven't decided on the window type yet. Glass outside or inside so have done both for now. Outside will probably be easiest but if I get that CNC who knows.

Also, haven't decided on buttons so they are not added to the model yet.

Ops, just noticed I forgot to add the 'Cricket' text for that section.