Unicorn

Doubles Practice
Anybody have any doubles practice routines?? Played a 5 set game tonight hit only 9 out of 50 doubles!!!!!!
Good grouping is the key ingredient to being a great finisher.

There are a few routines to help you ...my favorite is a simple around the board 1-20, you can include the bull if you wish (I don't as I practice this separately). On Monday nights I play 301 league and I usually complete at least 3 around the boards before moving on to trebles, and bulls etc in my warm up routine.

Another popular and very useful routine is to keep halving the doubles i.e 20/10/5/2/1 and 16/8/4/2/1.

Another favorite I play is 301 in doubles (sometimes against a mate)... you start by hitting a 25 and from there on you can only score and finish with doubles...this has the effect of you having to totally ignore everything but the double ring. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(12-29-2014, 04:22 AM)Dorian Wrote: Another favorite I play is 301 in doubles (sometimes against a mate)... you start by hitting a 25 and from there on you can only score and finish with doubles...this has the effect of you having to totally ignore everything but the double ring. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That sounds like a great practice game. I think I will try it when I get a spare year.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

https://www.dartsnutz.net/showthread.php?tid=10083
Something I like to do for doubles and bull practice when I get board is shoot for bull with the first dart. If I hit 25 or bull I shoot for bull with the next two darts. If I miss it I shoot for the double of the number I hit with the last two darts. You can also make a game out of it with points. Another variation is if you hit bull or 25 on first throw you can choose which double to go for with the last two darts. It's quite fun actually and gets you throwing all over the board, and very easy to make into a one or more player game.
i think i'll have to try some of these double routines
Me too, I have been terrible on my doubles lately!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I've been using Bob Andersons 27 which is working great for me. you start with a score of 27 and working your way from doubles 1-20, throw 3 darts at each double. each dart that hits then add that score to your points so, for example, if you hit 2 double ones then you add 4 Then move on to double 2. If you miss 3 darts at a double though you subtract that double value from your score. I've only managed to reach double 13 before reaching zero!
When I first started playing darts many years ago I'd head to a good dart bar known for decent players frequenting the place. Many Friday afternoons found us playing 101 DI/DO for a nominal fee of $1 per man.

We'd get 4-5 of us together, each put up $1 and the first to take it out would win the money, but all players got a chance to do so and if player #1 took it out and then player #5 did the same, then it was a tie and another dollar was added to the pot by all players. Same thing happened if no players took it out----add another dollar and start over.

Nothing like a bit of financial compensation to sharpen the eye, up the concentration and help with the bar tab.
Round World on the Doubles ... the twist is you must hit it with your first dart.

Example:

D1 - Miss
D2 Hit
D3 Miss

Next time you shoot D1, D3, D4 ... do this until you have reached D20 or even more challenging DBull
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darts: 22g Rebel One80 / 22g John Part Golden Hero
Stems: Harrow Magnetic Mediums
Flights: Combat
Board: Blade 4
Board Light: Circumluminator

Highest checkout: 167
Favorite checkout: 125 (50-25-50)
Fave players: Anderson, Wright, Part
Fave double: D16
Fave double in: D20
Best Game: 9 Dart 501

Best Darting Moments: playing John Part at an Exhibition / Being in attendance at World Grand Prix in Dublin 2014
[video=youtube][video=youtube]https://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZK8vv0D0YU[/video][/video]
Great video Saber, I was actually looking for a way to practice my doubles!
Masterdarts Steve Brown 25 gr. Steel
Geologic Falcon Classic 16 gr. Steel/Soft
HS : 160
To do :
Get a 180
Score under 21 Darts game
Be epic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls and Doubles Practice routine - vid *Saber* 23 6,999 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Chads2478
  Doubles Routine Vid - Sabers - Fight Practice boredom *Saber* 20 7,413 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jaycee07
  Elevendarter's doubles practice routine elevendarter 2 1,422 06-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Favorite doubles practice routine? The Nomad 31 4,191 03-26-2018, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  Doubles Practice Joe Garofalo 5 1,075 01-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Doubles Practice ranger86 13 2,505 12-15-2016, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Tom12481
  Doubles practice videos neilbirkin 10 2,123 11-16-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: neilbirkin
  My version of doubles practice(s) laurensvanputten 4 936 08-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Last Post: laurensvanputten
  Doubles Practice Game MichaelB 3 1,022 05-28-2016, 04:55 AM