Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Dart Practice Games Dartsnutz University: Beginners Level
(Source: Five Challenging Dart Games That Will Keep You Practicing www.nicedarts.com))

Dart practice for MAXIMUM effect!
The trick to practicing darts is keeping it interesting. So you're not just aimlessly throwing darts at a dart board. Here are five great dart games that can make dart practice fun again.

Dart game: 80 shot

How many times out of ten can you score 80 points with three darts? There are many different ways to do it, but it can be more challenging than you imagine. Keep track of your scores: Beginners 3, Average 5, Expert 9+.

Dart game: Five Shots

A great ’01 practice game for an individual as well as a large group, each person takes five throws to accumulate as many points as possible. The winner has the most points. When practicing alone keep the total score for each throw, add all five throws together and divide by five – that will give you your average score. Keep track of your average score over the course of one month and you should see it increase.

Dart game: Pinpoint Accuracy

For players of all skill levels, this game works on becoming reliable at hitting what you are shooting at. Start off shooting for the single area of each black number. Give yourself one point for each hit and subtract a point for each miss. Keep practicing until you can score 8 or more points and then shoot for the double area for each black number. And after that shoot for the triple.

Dart game: Flim Flam

A great group game as well as an invaluable Cricket practice game, everyone starts with 40 points and the objective is to score as many points as possible. You start at bull’s eye and work your way up from 15s to 20s, throwing only three darts per number, per round. But there’s one catch. You have to shoot for doubles in round three and triples in round six. Any number's double or triple will work. Every time a player misses on all three darts that player's point total is cut in half. And yes, you can end up with a negative total. When you practice alone you should try to achieve 500+ points.

Dart game: 21 points

This is a great practice game because you can play it alone as well as against competitors. Similar to standard Cricket, you shoot for 20-15 and the bull’s-eye. However, you only get three darts on each number to shoot as many of that number as possible. You start on 20s and work your way down to bull’s-eye. Darts only count for the number you are shooting at – no slop counts. The objective is to hit at least three of each number (7 total numbers), totaling 21 points. Anything over 29 is considered expert throwing.

Start throwing! What makes darting interesting is the fun of doing it!
You should add 101/121/161/181

You start with any of those 4 options, and you have a set number of darts to get out. Usually if I am practicing solo, I do 101 with 9 darts... This way I should get more darts at the doubles for practice.
If you hit the out within that number of darts, you move up to the next number (102,103 etc) if you MISS, you drop back down to your starting number (101).
You can add some fun into it... Like if you get the out in only 3 darts, you get a token which allows you to stay on an out if you miss.

Have an out chart next to you... Preferably one that has both 3 and 2 dart suggestions ( like the unicorn one ). You'll learn your outs extremely quickly doing this.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great stuff Majeek plus 1 bub.
how do you get a neg number in flim flam? not following the directions very well in this game and would like to give it a shot. +1 anyways for great tips
Steel Tip:
22g Carrera C10,C9,C3
Soft Tip:
18g Target Carrera C11,C1
18g Cyclones
Total 180's 1
First 180 Nov 8 2014 on wda
Trips for show, Dubs for dough
Nice one Edgar! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I like to play Bob's 27. When I'm not hitting doubles at all, I play it with singles. Also, too close to a drill on Flight School is Around the clock. Also a good practice. And both have the advantage you can practice with friends without taking the drills as game play and competition. It helps best if your friend can watch your stroke and follow through to give you suggestions on how to improve.

My lightsaber: Bull's Mamba 97 24g
My blaster: DPC Golden Guns 23 g
My astrodroid (helps me when I need it): Bull's Pegasus 24g
My ship: Short
My wings: Standard / Harrows Click / Condor

My dart collection: https://flic.kr/s/aHskHdPmnt

Cool games to try out. I always use 21 as a fast warmup!
Good stuff Maynard...lol...I will try this bit tonite.
Been doing the 80 shot and its challenging..my score was 4 or 5 before now I'm 8 or 9... I like the pinpoint accuracy better though...
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.: Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. darts for life..! :stressed:
Darts: unicorn blackstar 22 grms carbon shaft Robson plus flights
Board: Terton Craft Samurai
Isn't it impossible to get a negative score in flim flam if you're just cutting your score in half every time? You could infinitely miss numbers and still never be negative right? Or am I missing something? I like the suggestions though. +1 from me
Hi all, thanks for the great advice on here!
Nice! that Interesting thingy... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
great stuff. will definitely try it out!
Some advice for number in the upper section?, I mean 5, 20, 1
Valencia/Spain

(12-26-2015, 12:54 AM)paco soledad Wrote: Some advice for number in the upper section?, I mean 5, 20, 1

I find the best practice for a number or area I'm less good at its just to throw at it. If I felt I needed work on 20, 5 & 1 I would do an A1 type drill and concentrate on those numbers. This it's how I got better at numbers like 18 and 17.

Not sure what to suggest it there's a physical reason why you can't throw to the top pay out the board.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Money saving tip for beginners Trukje 15 3,245 02-25-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: LouDog29
  Beginners average expectations Jason Gourley 27 8,118 01-05-2021, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Jackgist
  my way for beginners part 10 nightcrawler 14 2,724 02-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Last Post: nightcrawler
  Darts - Beginners 3 things you must do to become a good Player *Saber* 140 68,891 01-06-2020, 12:43 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Darts General Orientation (Dartsnutz University: Beginners Level) guest2 17 10,488 02-07-2019, 08:07 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Useful Bobby George video for beginners. Boneshaker 11 1,495 11-29-2018, 01:40 AM
Last Post: Boneshaker
  my way for beginners part 3 nightcrawler 11 3,315 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  my way for beginners part2 nightcrawler 13 3,243 09-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Kavel
  my way for beginners part 1 nightcrawler 19 5,316 09-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Godfather4074
  my way for beginners part 8 nightcrawler 9 2,351 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Kolby Irving