Harrows Darts.

How many sets of darts you've bought before finding the perfect set?
just started playing soft tip darts a month ago. bought a cheap set of harrows on ebay and now only after a month bought a set of targets. looking at a set of a flows in the future.

-just curious how many sets it usually takes for people to find the ones they are game regularly.
-how many sets the avg person has.
-and how much did people spend on their first set of darts and their second set

cheers
(12-21-2014, 09:56 PM)Vangolf604 Wrote: just started playing soft tip darts a month ago. bought a cheap set of harrows on ebay and now only after a month bought a set of targets. looking at a set of a flows in the future.

-just curious how many sets it usually takes for people to find the ones they are game regularly.
-how many sets the avg person has.
-and how much did people spend on their first set of darts and their second set

cheers

Getagrip and MC1958 throw the averages WAY off Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I have 2 (same sets) of steel tip and 1 set of soft tips.

I've played with just a few sets of darts in my life over 25 years.

My 1st set of darts cost about $35. I have a set of $300 darts on the way. Is one better than the other? Nope.
I can throw with almost any dart but I like trying out new or different ones. I probably have bought over a 100 but regularly use about 5 sets. Currently I have over 25 sets but slowly selling them off. Now to answer your question 3. Avg player probably 1-2 sets. Here the avg member probably 10 sets or more. Grip has around 400 set if I remember correctly and some members just 1. My first set 20.00 usd my second was 110.00 usd a set of Black widow soft-tips. Now I know better lol.

STILL CHEAPER THAN FISHING OR GOLFING BY A LONG SHOT!!
I remember buying my first set of proper darts in jjb sports. Harrows Eric Bristow nickel silver 26g. At the time I was always playing darts and always played Saturday afternoons after being to play pool/snooker in rileys. I bought numerous sets of cheap darts over the years until I started taking it seriously and then I bought my first set of tungsten darts. 21g B+W tony west off ebay and they cost me about £10.00. I used them for a long time but then the bug hit me - until now I have 300+ sets. I can honestly say though out of the whole lot I have only used about 5/6 different sets for long term periods.

1. 21g tony west
2. 21g Barney bulls phantom grip
3. 10g Microlites
4. A set of copper tungsten customs
5. Unicorn Anastasia dobromyslova 24g
6. Current - 22g tony oshea target which I have been using for the last 6 months or more

I think the only way you will find a set you like is by purchasing a few different stlyes to try out. And if I can give you one piece of advice, do not pick expensive darts for experimentation. Just because you have a set with a players name on doesn't make you play like them.
Well over 100+ still not sure if I have the perfect set.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I started shooting in the early 1990’s and purely by luck stumbled into “the right set” of darts that worked great for me on my third set into the search. Settling into the right shafts and flights took some experimenting, but I found the right combo in a couple months. I stuck with that setup for a number of years and then didn’t shoot for over 15 years.

I just recently started back into shooting at home and this time I’m experimenting with a lot of different weights and barrel styles. Right now I’ve got 2 soft-tip and 14 steel tip sets. I’ll probably settle into using a couple favorite steel tip sets almost all the time and then hardly ever use the rest.

Edit: Forgot to mention---My 1st and 2nd sets were dirt cheap. Set #1 was brass and #2 was nickel steel, and they were both early 1990’s prices (probably about the amount of the tax on a decent tungsten set these days)...
100+ and I don't feel any of them are "perfect".
The fun is trying lots of darts, there's no such thing as " the " set of darts
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
40+ and another set should be here mon / tues ...
Basically one.

When I started to play darts, I went into a local dart shop with a friend (starting the same time). We threw maybe two or three dozens of different sets.

Then I went with the one I felt comfortable with.*

I later changed to Taylor's Phase 5. But they are very similar in shape and weight. The first one was just not of the same quality.

Got some more sets of them over time, and stems and flights might have changed, but it's the same barrel.

Occasionally I feel like I need to try something different and buy a different set, but I always return to those Phase 5 darts rather sooner than later.

* I bought another set for soft dart which got hardly any use.

I have 80 odd sets and maybe buy a set a month on average im a bit like Darren i enjoy experimenting with different setups but i only play league with two different sets max.
6 sets...the 6th worked for me...right shape for my hands. 1off EBay just to have Tungsten, 2 were the same, but different weights, 1 from Milky, then the 5th was the right "shape" but shark grip-30 minutes flight time and set them away , and the 6th was "the one"- bought a backup ofthe same darts as my 7th. Have several other sets - have to feed the "Dart Tart".
The answer to your question is: a "crapton" or "Buttload"

Pretty sure im sticking with my 23g MVG's but i am finding I am still buying darts just because i'm curious to how they will fly.

So there's no guarantee once you find "the ones" you'll stop buying darts :p
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Unfortunately for most 'The Grail' will be forever elusive Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. because the large majority of players will change their grip, flight, stem, stance etc far too often. They will then feel at some point that their darts are letting them down Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. and start looking for something new Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.....the phrase "The only thing that's constant in Life is Change," quickly comes to mind on this topic.

However it's so much fun somehow thinking that you'll improve tenfold overnight by changing darts....but remember life's too short and a change is as good as a rest.

Anyway got to go and get back on-line to see what's on offer today Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

The next thread title should be: How many sets of darts you've bought after finding the perfect set?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to find your perfect darts? vanJupp 103 35,478 01-26-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: robinsonfunk
  Winmau and how to play perfect darts *Saber* 3 2,350 01-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Last Post: toeirzt
  Finding YOUR Setup AD18 12 4,642 08-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: ballouj74
  How I found my perfect darts (so far :) ) Miek 8 3,538 03-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: off the mark
  Advice requested on a few (cheaper) sets of darts jp58 18 3,335 10-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Last Post: JordWareham501
  Finding “the right darts" Adams 10 4,376 03-31-2015, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Dalman