Shot Darts

Why I hate metal stems and like nylon
1. Number one reason is they bend easily.
2. They become loose too easy
3. To keep tight buy little o rings (hassle)
4. Expensive ones you can bend back but usually not straight.
5. Break off in barrel you got problems.

Nylon,
1. cheap
2. wears very good
3. don't need O rings
4. stays straight better
5. If break in barrel easier to remove.
i like them cos they look good but it ends there so i just use nylon, ally stems too much hassle and cost too much
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I really hate metal stems lol.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I really hate metal stems lol.

nice helmet cam i switched to cosmos and just found a few bags of ally stems from the mid 90's never moreGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
metal stems get out of round real easy and you have to keep tightening them up even with o-rings- too much of a hassle for me.
Just the fact they bend easily and them damned 'prongs' close up meaning you have to start trying to persuade them open again with a dart point to get the flights back in.

Number of times I have stabbed me hand doing that - no, alloys the devils work.

Nylons for me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
all of the above and they dont take wizlock caps
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
Agreed.

There seems to be an emphasis on weight, balance, etc etc but people still use aluminum.
Once they bend they are rubbish.
Rarely break stems, even less so since using Cosmo, but I'm happy to replace them as often as I need too knowing my darts will be straight!
Am I right in thinking you dont like metal stems Pops?Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

i wonder why they even bother making them there useless things try getting one back in on a leauge nite game under enough pressure already terry jenks uses them any other pros?
I think Steve Beaton does

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

hankey uses them i'm sure
(04-29-2013, 08:44 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Am I right in thinking you dont like metal stems Pops?Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
aww did I give that impression. hate them
or do you secretly love them and your trying to put everyone else off so you can keep them all,:thinking:

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(04-29-2013, 04:35 PM)paddydub Wrote: What did that stem ever do on you Saber ??????
Used them in the past during league - flight pops out and the stem is so tight can't get the flight in, messed the flight up them had to change stem and all the flights because I want them to all be the same. Then stem got loose even though I had o-rings. After all that mess it messed my rhythm up. Nooooooo more metal stems. And on bounce outs ya better take the flight off roll it on the table to check if its out of round. Any more questions on the metal demons? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Nylon/plastic Stems? Billyscarfe 49 18,110 12-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Breadfan
  L style metal champagne cups Ed180 6 428 03-25-2020, 01:46 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  SLIM Plastic/Nylon/Hybrid shafta Ancient Darter 0 317 12-16-2019, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  Unicorn shafts...nylon/polycarb Baloos 5 604 05-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  Durable Metal stems IoloLlywelyn 8 701 04-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Looking for Metallic Coated Nylon Stems Ancient Darter 10 3,539 11-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Ed180
  Purple Nylon Stems/Gripper 2 thurgood107 8 617 09-26-2018, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Little al
  Puredarts Deflectagrip Nylon Jakke 2 747 08-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Jakke
  Nylon shafts Blanton 19 3,363 03-07-2018, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Oldsalt
  Nylon stem removal thurgood107 14 1,896 03-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Gotanypop