Cuesoul

Harrow's Turbo 3000
I haven't seen a write up or any questions about the turbo 3000's. I use them on my 24g supergrips in a medium length. I have to say I like them a whole lot better then the supergrip shafts or any aluminum I've tried. I have been using them for about 3 weeks now and I've robinhooded them three times. Each time I have been able to straighten them out without any sort of problem.

The ends are replaceable if they become damaged. Since I have been using them, I have not had one flight pop off. I've been swapping flights pretty regularly to find the best one for me. None of the ends have created a loose grip on any flight I shove in the ends. Being that the supergrips have a long barrel. I found that the medium shaft with a lantern flight works great for me. I use 100 mic. Pentathlon flights. Those too are pretty sturdy flights I must say.

With that combo, I get a dead nutz no wiz wobble fish tail toss. The darts land at about a 9° angle. Varying force gets straight or taller angles. They just feel good as well as make the dart look pretty sharp.

A standard flight in this setup gives a little movement in the tail end as well as raise the angle of penetration. To me it feels like the dart wants to stall out. That's just me. All in all I like these shafts and if you Like the look. I would recommend them. I want to say that I tried them on some shorter barrel fires and I didn't like the flight so much. I did like how the shaft allowed me to fold my finger around the end of the barrel at the base of the stem. I think I will get these in the midi and try them on my fires at a later time.

Thanks, Chuck.
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=50551

Just had a look. I must say that I've never been drawn to utilising these type of slim stems, never really considered it too much.

Was always a touch wary about the strength of 'em if a Bounce out occurs, know what I mean. Reading the Spiel about 'em in the link it seems that perhaps Harrows reckon they've found the answer to the toughness concerns one might harbour.

I'm looking at 'em, and it'd be nice to know the weight, I think they should endeavour to place that info.

Have you had any Bounce outs hitting the Deck stem first...? Have you compared these Stems to the Harrows Carbon Plus, perchance.

Good they're working out for ya... always nice when you hit on a favourable Stem/Flight set up.
(12-14-2014, 10:35 AM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=50551

Just had a look. I must say that I've never been drawn to utilising these type of slim stems, never really considered it too much.

Was always a touch wary about the strength of 'em if a Bounce out occurs, know what I mean. Reading the Spiel about 'em in the link it seems that perhaps Harrows reckon they've found the answer to the toughness concerns one might harbour.

I'm looking at 'em, and it'd be nice to know the weight, I think they should endeavour to place that info.

Have you had any Bounce outs hitting the Deck stem first...? Have you compared these Stems to the Harrows Carbon Plus, perchance.

Good they're working out for ya... always nice when you hit on a favourable Stem/Flight set up.

That info is in the link you posted - 1.4g

I used to use the Harrows Carbons but was getting through a set a week as you couldn't replace the tops, so I went back to the 25p nylons - it's good you can replace these ones
How the Bloody hell I didn't see that, or let it register in the Grey Matter... I can not fathom.
I think I have some but never used them, probably hidden away in one of my drawers or boxes so I aint going to bother searching, will be there for ever Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've had many bounce outs of the wires, richochets off other darts and no real probs. I was more concerned with the robinhooding. The ends have a dimple in the fingers which is supposed to cut flight resistance. I find that the dimples help the fingers bend back to shape easier without miss shaping the finger to where it won't close back properly. My opinion on that and I was impressed.

I haven't tried the carbon stems yet. For me there were three factors as to why not. First the price, I thought they were a bit pricey at the time to find out if they would snap hitting the deck. Second, the weight might be to light and I wasn't looking for to much nose in. Third, the design. The flight ends are pretty fat and if they bend will they bend back easily. They also have a square edge on the flight fingers. I do want to try some for sure down the road and I would be interested in hearing peoples impressions of them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrow's latest stems Ancient Darter 10 3,373 07-25-2016, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Harrow Alamo stems! DanGoldsmith180 3 1,635 06-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Last Post: guest2