Shot Darts

Unicorn Wez Newton natural tungsten 22g darts review

Video link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk1RfEHYBuM&feature=youtu.be

These are the Wez Newton natural tungsten darts from Unicorn's Maestro Premier players range. Here is the link to Unicorns site for these darts: Wez Newton darts

Newton had been using the gold version of these for some time and recently switched to these natural version.

The darts retail around £31.99 and come in the Unicorn cardboard box with luxury midi wallet. The barrels are 90% tungsten and are fitted with alloy shafts which are pre-fitted with rubber "O" rings. They are supplied with some nice red Wez Newton signature flights.

BOX AND CONTENTS:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PIC'S OF THE DARTS:

CLOSE UP PICS:

The darts are quite slim and apart from the short tapered nose the barrel is made of a thin cut ring grip which extends right to the end. The grip level is about a high medium, a little grippier than it looks really. One thing I notice is the barrels don't have Wez Newtons signature on them, I guess its because it is too big to fit on the front nose and no space for it elsewhere, little bit of a shame though, maybe they could just put his first name?

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

Width:

Detailed Dimensions:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were the same weight and the third was just 4 hundredths of a gram heavier:

Weight of the full set up as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrels are quite evenly weighted, just a slight front bias:

With the supplied set up it is more towards the centre:

Balance with my own medium, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

I gripped these near the front but after a few throws I changed my grip a little more and moved it even closer to the nose, it just seemed to fly a bit better for me then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts landed quite flat in the board:

CONCLUSION:

I think these darts a good for a variety of grip styles, most straight barrel darts such as these are quite versatile really. I tried throwing from the centre and it flew quite well but was very surprised to see them also fly well when I threw with a rear grip, I was really expecting them to fly too high as it is not my normal grip but they held a nice steady line. Also if you need grip right to the end of the barrel then these have it.

The grip is nice and uniform and I think its about the right level for most people, not too smooth and not too aggressive.

The darts did seem to fly quite flat for me and after I moved my grip a little closer to the nose I was starting to get a feel for them and they were keeping a nice stable flight, I think if your a naturally flat thrower they could work well for you.

Overall its a nice quality dart that can work well for many styles Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

SUMMARY RATINGS:

Looks: 7.5 (nothing fancy but classic ring grip style)
Grip: 7 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 8 (2 were exact so quite close)
Quality: 8 (nice quality)
Value: 8 (reasonable price)
Suitability for me: 7 (fly a little flat for my throw but I was getting used to them)

Best Feature: Uniform grip throughout Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

They look like a great all purpose dart. I guess they would be good for a beginner too.

Thanks for another top review
Darts: 20g Peter Wright Euro 11 Elements 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

(12-13-2014, 04:21 PM)rich345 Wrote: They look like a great all purpose dart. I guess they would be good for a beginner too.

Thanks for another top review

Cheers Rich, yeah they could be ideal for beginners, its a dart that fits a lot of classic values and something that would work well for all grips so you could try as a beginner then work out what you need from there. I think a lot would likely stick with them though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

What the heck grip, it's like you read my mind. Yesterday I was looking at these and thinking I think I would like them and then you post this awesome review??! +1 bud Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(12-13-2014, 05:07 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: What the heck grip, it's like you read my mind. Yesterday I was looking at these and thinking I think I would like them and then you post this awesome review??! +1 bud Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL yeah I have psychic powers but only in darts, for some reason though when I try to use my powers to hit 180's its not working, keep getting 26's, think I need more Spinach. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers!

You were mentioned in Dr Darts latest Newsletter too, have you seen it?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

No Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Munchy gave me a heads up that I might be mentioned, any links?
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

I was almost tempted in buying a set his gold darts a while back, but at 22 g are a tad lighter than I normally throw.
Nice review...

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]®[/font]

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(12-13-2014, 06:17 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: No Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Munchy gave me a heads up that I might be mentioned, any links?

Its in pdf in the emails he sends out, sometime he puts them on the site.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hi Nutz!

Great reviews on here, I love watching the YT channel reviews and I got these darts on the strength of this review and got to say they are great, really suit my grip and throw.

Just want to say thanks for all the effort that must go into these reviews, keep em coming Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
They really are a great looking dart...surprised they aren't more popular since they have such a simple but classic design.

BTW...I think you should do a set of the Aden Kirk 22g next (under Unicorn's Global line).

Definitely my favorite 22g dart...and such an underrated dart. I'm going to do a quick comparison when my 24g Barney Hero's come in since they share the same dimensions.
I like these reviews too but cant see a review on the Viking Raiders darts that I throw, have you ever reviewed them?
Thanks guys!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I picked up the Maestro Premier version of these in 24 grams and I really like them. They work for me throwing them from the middle of the barrel.
Good to hear Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I just discovered these darts, the gold version that is. Love the grip, and that is goes right til the end. Reminds me of the Andy Hamilton grip, just a bit stronger. Nice work as always Darren!
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Premier Dimitri Van Den Bergh Darts Review Getagrip 4 105 09-30-2021, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Unicorn 2022 Dimitri Van Den Bergh Noir Darts Review Getagrip 13 276 08-26-2021, 03:53 PM
  Unicorn 2022 Gary Anderson World Champion Phase 5 Darts Review Getagrip 15 383 08-02-2021, 03:01 PM
  Unicorn 2022 Gary Anderson Phase 5 Noir Darts Review Getagrip 13 308 07-24-2021, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Simoski
  Unicorn Lumina DNA 21g darts review Getagrip 41 26,792 04-25-2021, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Bart
  Unicorn Sigma HS Darts Review. One For Star Wars Fans? Getagrip 18 841 01-10-2021, 08:31 PM
  Unicorn Jeffrey de Zwaan 23g Darts Review Getagrip 21 5,295 11-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Papa w
  Unicorn Irina Armstrong Black 23g - Darts Review Ryk 3 520 09-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Unicorn Code Players Gary Anderson Darts Review Getagrip 23 1,402 09-14-2020, 03:23 PM
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 410 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM