Double In - Need to get better
My favorite starting numbers for a double in type of game are D6 and D13.
Mine is double 20 and if blocked go to d-16
I personally go for D16 or D11 when i need to double in as i've been naturally good at those
Time consuming but in order to get off in a match using doubles, I do the following in my practice in the weeks before (I only have one or two comps where it's double in a year).

I simply walk up to the oche and throw my first dart at the chosen double and then retrieve it. Repeat over and over again until you're regularly hitting it first dart (more often than not). You then take this positive "can do" attitude into the game with you and even if you miss due to tension / nerves / what-ever, suddenly you find yourself with the luxury of two more darts, quite often with a handy marker which does wonders for the instant relaxation and confidence.
(01-02-2015, 06:57 PM)Kameleon Wrote: Time consuming but in order to get off in a match using doubles, I do the following in my practice in the weeks before (I only have one or two comps where it's double in a year).

I simply walk up to the oche and throw my first dart at the chosen double and then retrieve it. Repeat over and over again until you're regularly hitting it first dart (more often than not). You then take this positive "can do" attitude into the game with you and even if you miss due to tension / nerves / what-ever, suddenly you find yourself with the luxury of two more darts, quite often with a handy marker which does wonders for the instant relaxation and confidence.

Nice idea Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Good discussion for those playing a lot of DI/DO.  If you can't start, you can't finish.  After yesterday, believe me, I know! Tongue
Our league does double in double out, I always go for D6 or D10, not the highest break but I'm always confident it'll get me off the mark fairly quickly.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
The main thing I see in the double in matches is how stressed people get if they don't get away really quickly and it really affects their throwing. I always try to be relaxed and have a laugh if I'm suffering in the start, you'd be surprised how quickly you can get back in the game, more often than not (in my league anyway) the other person will get stuck on the double out and before you know it you've caught them up. Smile

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
I line up with the left or right side of the board so if you miss low or high you still have a shot at hitting the double
(05-08-2019, 05:00 PM)T4cTiCs Wrote: I line up with the left or right side of the board so if you miss low or high you still have a shot at hitting the double

Advice a bunch of us received from none other than John Lowe, MBE - more than 35 years ago.  At an exbo in Atlantic Canada.  But some have better vertical vs horizontal accuracy.  So as usual, your mileage will vary.