Darts mathematics, probabilities, and out shots
Obviously this is an offshoot of Cyanide's thread and the debate continues here on ico's thread.

This is all about one's personal experience in which case all those who got involved in presenting their views based on their individual experience - are correct.

I would like to declare or propose a deadlock on this type of discussion.

As if one imposes his belief over the other who refuses because he has his own, it will only end to nothing.

Please let's call it a draw or ceasefire. . . otherwise. . .I'll start a barrage of Yo Momma jokes again.

I am a big fan of true gentlemen dart players like you guys so please allow me to continue to respect all of you.

Thanks a lot!
it'll be a pretty quite forum if we stop discussing things people want to talk about . Cys thread was great this also is a good thread offering a different view . who is right ? i don't care ,but it'll all food for thought
[Image: drUF6Pb.png]
Ok, I'll sum up Cyanide's joke again:

With two darts in your hand, it is easier to take out 110 than it is to take out 72.

If this is what people want to believe (hitting T20 D25 is easier than hitting T20 D6) - so be it. I hope to meet many of you at the board.

Enough said. No Yo Momma jokes for me - this claim was funny enough.

Thanks for doing this ico.
This is a fair discussion point I agree, but cy's thread got a bit heated. We can discuss anything to great length and detail as long as its kept in good spirit.
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
Be careful what you wish for ico, cyanide is one of the top players at nutz lol
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
Cy's got broad shoulders i'm sure he can take any jibs as they are without taking it too serious . still the discussion can be made and thoughts given without the need for saying anyones opinion is a joke . no need to make things personal .
[Image: drUF6Pb.png]
Here's what I think Cy was trying to say with his 6 vs 8 marks... from my 3rd party perspective.

what is the #1 most important thing to do in 501? Make absolutely sure you have a dart at the win.

ok... so from 129. If you hit a s19, even aiming at t19... you only need 3 more marks with your second dart to have that chance at the win. That's 4 marks over the first 2 darts. Which, in his argument is FAR easier than hitting the 2 trebles (6 marks) you would need if you went 20s first, or hit the treble 19.

I concede that the bull is harder than a numeric double. But, having a chance at the out is paramount.

I believe this is why most pros suggest, and go for out shots the way they do. To give themselves the highest percentage at having a shot for the match.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
(11-20-2014, 05:33 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: I believe this is why most pros suggest, and go for out shots the way they do. To give themselves the highest percentage at having a shot for the match.

Seems to me, the mathematical probabilities are variable, depending on the game situation. I'm by no means a great player, but when I can smell the kill, the odds of my hitting a big shot go way up.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(11-20-2014, 05:44 PM)brenthahn Wrote:
(11-20-2014, 05:33 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: I believe this is why most pros suggest, and go for out shots the way they do. To give themselves the highest percentage at having a shot for the match.

Seems to me, the mathematical probabilities are variable, depending on the game situation. I'm by no means a great player, but when I can smell the kill, the odds of my hitting a big shot go way up.

Same for me. That, and when I NEED to hit a shot... especially coming from far back, I find the pressure makes me focus that little bit more.

I can't tell you how often the person in front of me hits a ton, and I match or beat it... It is a challenge that I accept!!

I really wish I had the stamina to focus like that every, single, shot...
That is one of the things that separate some of the top pros from just great shots.

Chizzy is the perfect example. The dude can pound 180s all day. But his focus and confidence seem to lack at times, and his game suffers.
-Milky

Keeping dart retailers in business since 2012.
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]