Set Up Guide For 501
Wow what's with all the animosity recently?!
Clearly no one will concede so just leave it be. Its like two boxers ruthlessly shadow boxing claiming they win.
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
(11-19-2014, 08:17 PM)ico Wrote: Yeah, been there many times... hitting treble, missing the single... saying "DOH". Lol

But if your Lillyfee asks you what you'd like, you surely take the T17 and go the easier route.

And that's why you say "Thank you for the T19" on 129, as your winning chances have just raised about 2x - 3x over the single. Throw the 2nd treble as usual, but get a big fat double. Smile

129 and 127 are nothing alike at all. If the 1st dart goes in the treble they couldn't be more different.

Going at treble 17 (2nd dart) from 127 is fine. But just be aware it carries unneeded risk. Going at the treble 17 is greedy. As a dart player, the more risks you take, the sooner it will bite ya. Remember, make things easier, not harder.
(11-19-2014, 08:15 PM)Jugger Wrote: I..... FROW..... DERT.....

STICK.... IN.... BERD....

DeRRRRRRRRRRR??!?!?

lol, not sure why this made me laugh so hard but it did. Been having a rough day and needed that one thanks Jugger Smile

I've enjoyed reading this post, and believe it or not I learn best while seeing an argument and all paths of logic that lead to it. This thread might be a little heated but I have enjoyed reading the different theories non the less Smile
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

(11-19-2014, 08:20 PM)JayKay Wrote: Wow what's with all the animosity recently?!
Clearly no one will concede so just leave it be. Its like to boxers ruthlessly shadow boxing claiming they win.

Heck I'm mostly confused about the whole dang thing anyways!!

though.... I can whoop the heck out of my shadow!! Sometimes it takes all day until he runs away, but every day... eventually he runs away like the chicken that he is!
How about some "Knock! Knock!" Jokes?

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Canoe.
Canoe who?
Canoe help me with my outing?

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you going to stop arguing about outings?

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Dozen.
Dozen who?
Dozen anybody want to talk to my horse?

Knock, knock.
Who’s there?
Boo.
Boo who?
Gosh, don’t cry it’s just a knock knock joke.
(11-19-2014, 08:25 PM)Jugger Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 08:20 PM)JayKay Wrote: Wow what's with all the animosity recently?!
Clearly no one will concede so just leave it be. Its like to boxers ruthlessly shadow boxing claiming they win.

Heck I'm mostly confused about the whole dang thing anyways!!

though.... I can whoop the heck out of my shadow!! Sometimes it takes all day until he runs away, but every day... eventually he runs away like the chicken that he is!

i opt to fight jugger!!!

shadow :p
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

[Image: RqGF7IG.png]
Throw the darts one and two at T19 and at T20.

Question 1: Can we agree that those darts are totally independent from each other? I.e. what you hit with the first dart doesn't effect what you hit with the second?

Then it's obvious that if you failed with the second, you won't have a finish, no matter what.

But T19 leaves you on D6 now, while S19 leaves the bull.

Question 2: What is easier to hit now? D6 or the bull?

I really hope that we agree that D6 is easier to hit than the bull.

Question 3: Now was hitting T19 a good thing or a bad thing?

Does anything need to be agreed? Really? How long will this be dragged on for?
[Image: fXeMWag.png]
Not sure... I get the impression that Cy thinks that the result of one dart has influence on the next.

If this is the case, this discussion here makes no sense at all.

This is a good read for stochastic independence: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independenc...ty_theory)

It really is not more than dice throwing... after rolling 2 times "6", is the probability for another "6" any less than after rolling "1" and "2"? No, it isn't. Same with darts.

And that's a truth that every darts player must embrace. Each dart is thrown independently. It doesn't matter if you score T20 S1 S1 or the other way around. It doesn't matter on that last dart on D16 if you come from 152 or from 72. You will hit it with the same probability.

I have no bearing in this argument but that reminded me. I had a statistics professor that assigned us to go home and flip a coin 1,000 times and record the results. He instantly failed half the class because if there wasn't a run of 7 or more heads or tails in a row he knew they just made up their answers as it is a statistical impossibility for there not to be.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts keep falling out? Guide to scuffing your points Regulatori 45 26,351 02-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Kaigen Moore