Set Up Guide For 501
(11-19-2014, 06:46 PM)Cyanide Wrote: [quote='ico' pid='140894' dateline='1416419011']
With 3 darts in hand, what is easier to get to 110 or 72?
Not sure what you ask here.

It's easier to take out 72 with three darts. And it's easier to take out with two darts.

(11-19-2014, 06:55 PM)ico Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 06:46 PM)Cyanide Wrote: [quote='ico' pid='140894' dateline='1416419011']
I ask again:

You have two darts in your hand. Which finish is easier: 72 or 110?

PLEASE give an answer.
it's like talking to a horse.

why so hostile?!?!
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

[Image: RqGF7IG.png]
(11-19-2014, 06:56 PM)ico Wrote: Not sure what you ask here.

I answered your question with 72. Answer mine now please.

You're standing at the oche, it's a fresh turn. You have 3 darts in hand. You're on 129. Is it easier to leave 110 or 72 after the 1st dart throw?

Very simple question. What is easier to do?
Because I can give clear mathematical prove and get no answers to my questions that would guide him to see his error.

I mean that 129/110/72 example pretty much boils it down.

The first dart thrown is a matter of the past. It has no influence on the next two darts whatsoever.

If you think that your first dart has influence on the next one, please explain how. Do they talk to each other? What if you don't look and so don't know where it has gone?

Throw one dart at a target, and you've got a probability for hitting the areas around it.

A basic assumption: you hit a treble with every third dart, you hit a double with every third dart, and you hit bullseye with every eighth dart. Numbers may vary.

Hit treble and double for 72 with the prob. of 1/3 * 1/3 = 1/9. Thats 11 % success rate.
Hit treble and bull for 110 with the prob. of 1/3 * 1/8 = 1/24. That's 4 % success rate.

Really, how can you think that T20 D25 is easier to hit than for example T16 D12?

(11-19-2014, 07:06 PM)Cyanide Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 06:56 PM)ico Wrote: Not sure what you ask here.

I answered your question with 72. Answer mine now please.

You're standing at the oche, it's a fresh turn. You have 3 darts in hand. You're on 129. Is it easier to leave 110 or 72 after the 1st dart throw?

Very simple question. What is easier to do?

It is easier to leave 110, no question.

Yet, it is much preferable to have hit the treble and be left at 72!

You're not seeing the big picture Ico.

Using that fancy math of yours, what's a HARDER shot, hitting 8 marks with 3 darts, or hitting 6 marks with 3 darts?

8 marks from 129 = treble 19, treble 12, double 18. Or whatever treble you pick for the 2nd dart. Doesn't matter.

Or 6 marks from 129 = single 19, treble 20, bull.

Simple right?

Me, I stand a better chance hitting 6 marks 100% of the time than I would hitting 8 marks.
Or.... check out this scenario.

[Image: Fairy_(A_Link_to_the_Past).png]

As you step to the line with 129 left a magic little dart fairy appears out of nowhere. It grants you the power that ONE of your darts is guaranteed to hit a treble. With 100% certainty just one of your darts will hit a treble.

What dart do you pick?

3rd dart is out. You want that one in a double.

1st dart is out. That doesn't promise anything at all.

Me? I'm picking the second dart guaranteed in the treble 20 for a shot at the bull.
No. The question is not "What is more likely - finish 129 on bull or on D12?"

After your first dart you have a score to kill. It can be 72 or 110.

In this situation, what is easier, and HOW can it make a difference where the first dart is?

Really, please answer this one now and directly:
How is your second/third dart effected by the first one? It just sticks somewhere, be it S1, T19, or the floor.

129 and the other guy is on a double if you have an option of 1 treble t19 or t20 2nd dart after a s19 id definately take the t20 2nd dart for a guaranteed shot at the bull instead of a hypothectical shot at a double.
(11-19-2014, 07:25 PM)Cyanide Wrote: Or.... check out this scenario.

As you step to the line with 129 left a magic little dart fairy appears out of nowhere. It grants you the power that ONE of your darts is guaranteed to hit a treble. With 100% certainty just one of your darts will hit a treble.

What dart do you pick?

3rd dart is out. You want that one in a double.

1st dart is out. That doesn't promise anything at all.

Me? I'm picking the second dart guaranteed in the treble 20 for a shot at the bull.

T20 of course (let's say the second dart).

But even here your logic is on the line... maybe you get it this time. Smile

Would you rather hit T19 or S19 with your first dart, giving your 2nd will be T20?

That boils down to: Do you want to throw at the bull or at D6 with your last dart?

You logic dictates you want the bull, because 6 marks are easier than 8...

Come on, man...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts keep falling out? Guide to scuffing your points Regulatori 45 26,366 02-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Kaigen Moore