My guide to keeping flights on stems.
Cut them out completely with One80's Intelite system. I haven't had a single lost flight or robin hood since I started using them.
[Image: 39952462010_db5ca0a1d0_b.jpg]

Darts: 22g Azzurri Cortex CX2 | 180's (total): 85 | 180's 2019: 1 | Highest Checkout: 136 (T20, T20, D8)
(05-15-2018, 10:10 AM)Sir_Chjaka Wrote: Cut them out completely with One80's Intelite system.  I haven't had a single lost flight or robin hood since I started using them.

Yes, I've looked at this system, but it seems like it would be to much "back end" weight and cause the balance of the Dart to be thrown off. Can you possibly elaborate on that.  Smile
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(05-15-2018, 02:55 PM)Spencerdl Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 10:10 AM)Sir_Chjaka Wrote: Cut them out completely with One80's Intelite system.  I haven't had a single lost flight or robin hood since I started using them.

Yes, I've looked at this system, but it seems like it would be to much "back end" weight and cause the balance of the Dart to be thrown off. Can you possibly elaborate on that.  Smile

I suppose it all comes down to personal preference with regards to the balance of the dart.  There is a very noticeable difference to the flight of the dart when swapping between standard medium stems & medium Intelite stems but as I like a long dart that describes a flat trajectory they suit me perfectly.  However, you may retain the balance you desire by using the short or extra short version.  I guess the only way to tell for sure would be to pick up a couple packs of pre-punched stems and flights at different lengths and see if any suit you.

Rubennv has also started using them so you may wish to pick his brains on the subject to see what his opinions are.
[Image: 39952462010_db5ca0a1d0_b.jpg]

Darts: 22g Azzurri Cortex CX2 | 180's (total): 85 | 180's 2019: 1 | Highest Checkout: 136 (T20, T20, D8)
(05-15-2018, 03:10 PM)Sir_Chjaka Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 02:55 PM)Spencerdl Wrote:

I suppose it all comes down to personal preference with regards to the balance of the dart.  There is a very noticeable difference to the flight of the dart when swapping between standard medium stems & medium Intelite stems but as I like a long dart that describes a flat trajectory they suit me perfectly.  However, you may retain the balance you desire by using the short or extra short version.  I guess the only way to tell for sure would be to pick up a couple packs of pre-punched stems and flights at different lengths and see if any suit you.

Rubennv has also started using them so you may wish to pick his brains on the subject to see what his opinions are.

Oh Ok. Thanks for the info. I guess for me, I want to maintain a certain overall Dart length, so trying to maintain the correct balance thru shorter or longer Darts with the One80's Flight system would be ...challenging.  Big Grin Have FUN and throw DARTS.
(Disclaimer: I throw primarily soft tip)

I’ve ran Fit Flight nylon, Fit Flight carbon, Fit Flight titanium, L-Style carbon, various nylon shafts with punches flights and rings. Here’s my opinion:

I currently run L-Style carbon with the champagne ring. I like them because of the pre-molded flight, rarely fall off, and...well...they look slick as ice. They are cheaper than Fit Flight and, in my opinion, have the same quality plus look cool. Nearly everyone that throws competitive darts in my area throws Fit Flights.

Best system, though? Probably some Target ProGrip Flights punched with a quality slot ring. Almost never ever have a Flight fall off, very rarely have a shaft break, and are extremely cheap.

I change my barrel, shaft, and Flight combo all the time. I’ll proably eventually move back to just ProGrips and punched flights.
(05-26-2018, 01:53 PM)DirtyDale Wrote: (Disclaimer: I throw primarily soft tip)

I’ve ran Fit Flight nylon, Fit Flight carbon, Fit Flight titanium, L-Style carbon, various nylon shafts with punches flights and rings. Here’s my opinion:

I currently run L-Style carbon with the champagne ring. I like them because of the pre-molded flight, rarely fall off, and...well...they look slick as ice. They are cheaper than Fit Flight and, in my opinion, have the same quality plus look cool. Nearly everyone that throws competitive darts in my area throws Fit Flights.

Best system, though? Probably some Target ProGrip Flights punched with a quality slot ring. Almost never ever have a Flight fall off, very rarely have a shaft break, and are extremely cheap.

I change my barrel, shaft, and Flight combo all the time. I’ll proably eventually move back to just ProGrips and punched flights.

I agree with you. I decided to go back to slot rings on my primary (go to/match) Dart set. They just seem to fly better with the punch system.
[Image: 5bbb5ed1fb29b9a00dcdc682b98158a4.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since I'm a new member, I cannot see any pictures, but I liked your introduction about keeping the flights fixed to the stems.
I for myself use springs or the rings provided with supergrip or pro-grip shafts.
I also ordered a flight punch to try this system out.
Sounds really good and informative! Thanks a lot
This is very useful
YES!!! this was exactly the info i needed. Just ordered the Target Slot Lock/Punch gear. THX!!
Cant believe I couldn't figure out how the punching works. Its so obvious. I think I'm gonna have to invest in a punch and some rings.
What's the best flight punch to get, in your opinion that is?
Target or Harrows. Pretty much identical & do a great job Smile

[Image: im_not_crazy_my_mother_had_me_tested_bum...a64fe6.jpg]
Match Darts : MvG 23g Masterdarts  /  Dartboard : Bulls Advantage 3
(09-13-2018, 07:09 PM)Mindyereyes Wrote: Target or Harrows. Pretty much identical & do a great job Smile

Exactly. I've always had the Harrows one while a few of my mates have Target or Bulls and they're the same. On the other hand, the Target titanium slot lock rings are the best rings in the market.
My new Black ICE came with the locking rings, up to now I have never tried them before. But I don't understand, why would you want your flight to stay on the dart? I clearly saw numerous darts I've thrown after one in the treble 20, deflected from the flight NOT coming off. Clear as in popped up over 1/2 inch above the treble. After this happened a couple of times, I took my rings off and this no longer happens. I see the point of not wanting to look around and find your lost flight, then get it back in for the next turn, but at the expense of not hitting another treble? Do the pros use them? Other than the stated reasons above, I don't understand the reason for a flight not to come off when hitting another dart in a high scoring area. I always thought that was the reason they did pop off.
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr Powerpoints
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints
Magic Darts 25gr w/Powerpoints"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts for Beginner's: Quick Reference Guide nixer55 5 2,486 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: nixer55
Information Darts For Beginner's Quick Reference Guide Ni518079 36 14,456 07-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: LUIS JAVIER
  Guide for 501 Sinister Lefty 5 925 02-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: belfastkev
  Another Beginner, Another Blog. Keeping track of progress. Codes 18 2,440 12-11-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Codes
Heart Mixing and Matching Stems and Flights Jay Murtagh 8 2,950 07-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay Murtagh