My guide to keeping flights on stems.
I just want to say thank you for this guide. You suggested it in my question thread the other day, and it was extremely helpful. I had several questions still, and they were all answered. Great info, and really, really helpful.
I just wanted to follow up and say I took your advice on the proper punch, and rings. I couldn't be happier after having thrown plenty of darts with no punches, or springs, and what a difference. Even when I have got the RH, it's caught in the heavy Target ring and does nothing to it, nor the stem so far. I'm sure you can damage the stem, but so far with Harrows Supergrips (Transparent colors) nothing.

Thanks for this great tutorial, and if you don't mind a credit to Oldjoblo as well in the the other thread where you found me. Thumbs up!
Thanks to everyone for great input - It really helps a novice.  Just wanted to say I purchased the L Style Shell lock system a few months ago, and it actually works quite well.  I'm using the same set of Supergrip shafts (rings removed and shell locks put on) for 3 months.  They've taken some hits and have little lines carved into the tiny shells, but I have not lost a flight nor had a robinhood.  The only problem I have with the Shell lock system is it takes a little work to put them together, and I would not want to fuss with the process at a game, so I need a suit-case to carry darts and pre-assembled shafts/flights, just in case.
Target/Harrows punch and titanium slot lock rings. using this setup now with harrows marathon flights never had any problems great guide thanks.
Same setup here and no problem.
Great guide, thank you!
Thanks for this interessting and very detail review
Right now I'm looking for flight punch. Is there a best one? All of them (simple slot lock style not shell ones) look fairly similar. Do they differ in any way performance or durability?
(01-02-2017, 07:43 PM)Marcin P Wrote: Right now I'm looking for flight punch. Is there a best one? All of them (simple slot lock style not shell ones) look fairly similar. Do they differ in any way performance or durability?

They don't, Harrows or Target are or are pretty much the same thing.

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=62097

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=1646
I have had mine for over 3 years
https://www.reddragondarts.com/red-drago...punch.html
but DC have a discount code for -7%
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

great guide, thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts for Beginner's: Quick Reference Guide nixer55 5 1,856 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: nixer55
Information Darts For Beginner's Quick Reference Guide Ni518079 36 14,044 07-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: LUIS JAVIER
  Guide for 501 Sinister Lefty 5 848 02-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: belfastkev
  Another Beginner, Another Blog. Keeping track of progress. Codes 18 2,248 12-11-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Codes
Heart Mixing and Matching Stems and Flights Jay Murtagh 8 2,733 07-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay Murtagh