My guide to keeping flights on stems.
Big Grin
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I'm using Condor Hybrid... It's quite ugly but flies well and very Durable

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Currently using
Maccho @ Core Darts Japan 17.5grams
Death Sabre LE @ Cosmo Darts Japan 17.5grams
Fire @ Harrows 18 grams (1st soft tip set)
great thread!
(03-02-2015, 01:39 PM)Cookierules Wrote: I'm using Condor Hybrid... It's quite ugly but flies well and very Durable

nice flights Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I'm not sure wether to try rings and punch or whizlocks. I'm tempted at the whizlocks due to eliminating robin hoods, I would imagine my stems to last for ages if I do that.
With a bit of super glue, your standard flights/shafts turn into a one piece shaft and flight system!

edit: only joking around.
Thanks this post extremely helpful.
great tip on how to keep your dart flights intact
(03-08-2015, 03:58 AM)Kon Wrote: With a bit of super glue, your standard flights/shafts turn into a one piece shaft and flight system!

edit: only joking around.

No, you might be on to something. I might consider that. I mean, seriously. Replace flights and stems simultaneously. So what? Still, cheapest sport alive if you aren't a collector.

Reg, I appreciate this guide to fiddling bits. I think it is a sincere attempt to justify nylon and poly stems. p.s. springs don't work. I don't know about the caps and such as I was too tired of the fiddling bits to continue with them, eyesight being as such... My guide to keeping flights on a stem=aluminum, baby! +1 for ya anyway for starting the conversation.
[Image: BJ8F7UG.png]

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I've been using the Slot Rings as they came on a set and love them. Got some new darts and they had the thin ring. As I started throwing them with the thin ring, a flight would pop off every now and then. Punched the flights and put Slot Rings on instead and haven't lost a flight since.

That in itself isn't a big surprise, but it got me thinking about grouping. Especially with the lighter weight of soft tips, is it better to have a flight pop off in a tight grouping than have the tip deflect due to a vise-grip bond between stem and flight when the two flights interact?

The only reason I'm tempted to go to Cosmo Fit flights is to get the spinning flight (other system's rattling puts me off), and I'd even consider a teardrop shape to help with grouping too. But again there is the interaction between flights in a tight grouping...
Dabbler and over thinker...
Just outside Montreal

Current darts: Winmau Sniper 18g barrels; Lippoint plastic tips; #4 Fit Spinning shafts and Fit Super Shape flights
Home board: Blade 4 (playing with soft tips)
Discipline: Flight School

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts for Beginner's: Quick Reference Guide nixer55 5 2,105 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Last Post: nixer55
Information Darts For Beginner's Quick Reference Guide Ni518079 36 14,259 07-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: LUIS JAVIER
  Guide for 501 Sinister Lefty 5 893 02-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: belfastkev
  Another Beginner, Another Blog. Keeping track of progress. Codes 18 2,368 12-11-2017, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Codes
Heart Mixing and Matching Stems and Flights Jay Murtagh 8 2,838 07-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay Murtagh